IcyBlade

Suggestion : Death event

I was thinking about the possibility of showing your progress upon death.

The reason for this that I was roleplaying a bit, being cautious and attempting to be helpful to any strangers I met, this resulted in me getting into some weird situations and some how I am still alive after almost 6 hr. So currently I'm in the middle of a forest taking my time traveling from town to town and would love to see where I have been and what progress I have made.

So I thought that it would be great to have a map appear on your death and watch a line show your progress through the map with possibly markers that show when you have taken shots or had to eat and drink.

This would be nice just to recall the journey you have taken with the character as it may have been over the course of a couple of IRL days.

Also this may discourage careless play of crazies at the beach if every time they die they only get a piddly line for being frivolous.

It may also encourage players who have geared up to try to continue a survival mentality and develop a bit of a more meaningful story (meaningful events), rather that just deciding to grief new spawns.

• Like 19

First of all, welcome to the forums :)

Secondly, i really like this idea, stats on death showing you how long have you survived and your overall progress would be awesome

First of all, welcome to the forums :)

Thanks.

I was wondering if there is a more official or appropriate place to put suggestions as the general discussion section gets a lot of new threads that seem to cover a lot of KOS stuff.

The reason I put it here was due to seeing someone also do the same.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a suggestion section for DayZ standalone section like there is for the mod. here : http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/75-dayz/

Anyway I had another thought about the end screen after seeing talk about having aesthetic developments on the player such as beards and scars.

Initially I thought it might be nice to have some stats with the line i.e. how long did you live for. But this could be modified to how long did your beard get, which could potentially grow faster when you are in good health so it would be a combination of time lived and how healthy you were during that time. Additionally cruel players (every one then) could shave your beard if they capture you using the knife to further same you.

Additionally number of zombies killed, illnesses contracted or beans eaten could be nice to know.

Edited by IcyBlade
  • Like 3

I'd like to see this implemented as well. Along with leaderboards and a place that your stats are stored, not just after death. 

and if it showed you where you ate and drank the line would never end. 

I was just thinking that the line would be say red, and have dots to show events, blue = drink, green = food, yellow = shooting.

Nothing to complex but it would allow you to recall the events and encounters you had throughout that life.

Perhaps food and drink are not interesting enough to show separately and could be combined as they both would indicate periods of respite and would often be done together.

Maybe black could be when taking damage from players and say brown from zombies.

Another consideration for the line could be that the brightness of the lines red colour could be used to represent the players health (blood). So a faded line after a black dot would indicate blood loss after an encounter with an unfriendly player(s). This may be too much detail but as long as it doesn't produce too much clutter on the screen it could work.