BuzzyBeagle

So i got completely geared up!

only to log off and change servers.... to be spawned as a fresh noob without gear on the beach.....

I chalk it up to being Alpha, hence no tears, but this is happening quite a bit to people i know, when they log off and go to a better server [not server hopping for loot or daylight]    they spawn as a reset character.

Rocket: any insight on this?

• Like 1

Don´t server hop. Never got a character deleted still now.

Many have this problem.

Maybe it is a bug.

Maybe it is a nother hive?

Edit:

Rocket already responded to this before the last patch saying that some servers where not whitelisted yet which results in them not saving to the hive. The ones that wern't before have now been added but perhaps there are now more servers which have yet to be whitelisted. 

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

understood and i am glad you advised this does not happen staying on one static server!

I was just joining a server friends were on and it happened. :(

jupp , it seems to me when i try to server jump i start a freshspawn to somethimes. I dont mind tho , it preventing me from server jumping tho :P hehe

• Like 1

buzzy. i had the same thing when i switched servers. just log back to the old server u played on and had gear.

i spawned as fresh survivor, but when logged on old server i got my character back.

although im taught not to attach to my gear

Don´t server hop. Never got a character deleted still now.

Many have this problem. It´s a bug.

Maybe it is a nother hive?

There are not other hives besides the main one as of now, and i honestly hope it stays like this.

Why do you think it is related to hopping servers? People have been reporting their characters resetting after logging off

Rocket already responded to this before the last patch saying that some servers where not whitelisted yet which results in them not saving to the hive. The ones that wern't before have now been added but perhaps there are now more servers which have yet to be whitelisted. 

• Like 2

Why do you think it is related to hopping servers? People have been reporting their characters resetting after logging off

I don´t know it, I can only say I never got a character deleted still now.

Happened to me a few times now. For the record, I wasn't intentionally server hopping.  I had to log out for a few minutes and couldn't remember the server I was last in.  There should be a "Last Joined" column at least in the History list.

• Like 1

Happened to me a few times now. For the record, I wasn't intentionally server hopping.  I had to log out for a few minutes and couldn't remember the server I was last in.  There should be a "Last Joined" column at least in the History list.

There is recent servers, but it doesn't have a sort that allows you to see if it was joined recently or 1 week ago.

If you simply click "play", you will join the last server you were on, provided you didn't log off dead.

And yes, this is likely a non-whitelisted server problem, they aren't connected to the public hive, so the gear obtained on it won't be saved, this can be fixed by not showing non-whitelisted servers in the server list, or at least adding some kind of server flags you can filter for, I assume that kind of stuff is still to come though.

confirming there should be a "last joined" option in server list.

confirming there should be a "last joined" option in server list.

See my post, there already is one, however, you cannot use that option if your character is considered dead, I have been able to use the history with moderate success though.