BioHazard050

Connection problems. Server not transmitting to client.

I keep getting some issue wherein my game does not disconnect, but i cannot perform any actions, cannot pick up items, and players appear frozen. Pulling up my info in the player browser shows a low ping, and decent bandwith. TS3 continues to function properly, further proof its not my connection causing the issue. HELP!  :( I know its an alpha and connection issues are to be expected, but im pulling my hair out over this, makes the game unplayable.

Edit, Futher testing shows that if i move to a new spotafter the issues start, log out and log back in, im still in that new spot, basically, its acting as if the server has stopped transmitting to my client.

Edited by BioHazard050

I'm having exactly the same issue. Not sure what's happening here. Turned off Firewall and Antivirus and everything. Takes forever for serverlist to show up and then when I log in, everything the OP mentions is happening to me as well. Anyone else? Ideas?

I am having this problem as of today too. I can get the server list fine, but no matter which one I login to, I get redlinked, some red messages saying my character is losing connection and the I get dropped by the server. This is on a Win8 Asus laptop with a 100MB wired connection. If I ping the server I'm logged into (on another machine - Linux box on my local network) it reports ping times < 15 ms. I ran the SpeakEasy speed test from both machines and got consistent high upload and download speeds. So I got curious, and took my laptop to the coffee shop that has a totally inferior wireless connection, and everything worked just fine. I took my computer back home, and I just cannot stay connected to any server for longer than about 15 seconds.

Its gotten worse, its happening as soon as i log on, it used to happen after a half hour before. WIth many servers full this time of day, im thinking its a server load issue.

This is a super-fast server I found, but has a lot of people on it. 
My desync is at 100000, and I'm all over the place. Nobody else on the server seems to be having the same desync problems.

traceroute to 50.23.129.109 (50.23.129.109), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
 1  . (192.168.0.1)  0.288 ms  0.162 ms  0.186 ms
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * ae-1-0-ar03.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net (68.85.240.94)  28.719 ms
 6  he-1-5-0-0-11-cr01.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.94.65)  30.142 ms * *
 7  be-13-pe03.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.84.110)  16.609 ms * *
 8  ae13.bbr01.wb01.sea02.networklayer.com (75.149.228.38)  13.227 ms  15.363 ms  11.665 ms
 9  ae0.dar01.sr01.sea01.networklayer.com (173.192.18.199)  12.793 ms  11.835 ms  11.938 ms
10  po1.fcr02.sr03.sea01.networklayer.com (67.228.118.225)  12.819 ms po2.fcr02.sr03.sea01.networklayer.com (67.228.118.227)  13.623 ms po1.fcr02.sr03.sea01.networklayer.com (67.228.118.225)  12.633 ms
11  50.23.129.109-static.reverse.softlayer.com (50.23.129.109)  12.347 ms *  26.744 ms

Yeah, its on every server. Im wondering if this is a random thing or is connected to hardware/software of the like.

Im using a wifi network hooked up to a DSL line. My PC specs are an AMD fx6300, 8 GB ram, HD5750, HDD.

3182244752.png

Upload side is slow(er) But the download side is sufficient. Its usually a half meg faster on both sides but it bogs down this time of year with everyone and their mother online.

Edited by BioHazard050

Someone with a 100 MB connection just reported the same issue on the tracker (same link as above), confirming that is is NOT client connection speed related. 

Edited by BioHazard050
  • Like 1

That would have been me  :) I managed to get to the bug you linked.

Strangely enough, I found a good server and had zero problems after trying like 20 servers, literally. Many of them show copious delays on traceroute. I am using an Asus laptop connected to my local LAN, with about 20-50 mbps download and 5 mbps upload to various locations. AMD quad processor (piece of crap, really more of a high-end notebook that gets 7 fps on the default setup) I adjusted my video to be about 114% of the actual screen resolution, turned off all the post-processing, shadows, etc. and lowered my vid memory to 256mb and almost quadrupled my frame rate without too much missing in aesthetics. (Smooth and crude is better than choppy and detailed.) I was afraid my settings had something to do with it the lack of connectivity, but they do not. So don't sacrifice anything there, because I don't think it's a problem with your client.

You're probably right about server load. Time of day matters too. Too many people hopping around servers probably makes them thrash a lot. Since tomorrow is still a work day, around 9pm PST I was finally able to find a server that worked. If you find one, bookmark it.

• Like 1

I have had zero problems with the players on our server 40/40 most the time, the kicker is in restarts.  PM me if you want the info.

Anyone have any luck with this today? I seem to still be unable to find server lists 9 times out of 10, and when I do, I lag out 20 seconds in.

Oh, haha, and in my attempts to test things out, I moved items around in my inventory to see if they ACTUALLY moved. This included dropping my first ever M4 on the ground, only to have it stay in my inventory. That is, UNTIL I tried to log back in and saw that THAT action actually got registered. :P So much luck there...

I have had zero problems with the players on our server 40/40 most the time, the kicker is in restarts.  PM me if you want the info.

It doesn't seem to be server specific. I've been darting all over the browser, trying every server, happens every time.

UPDATE: After i got a case of extreme lead poisioning, and respawned on the coast. My issues vanished. Im suspecting that a specific item is causing the issue. So far, the only items i had on me at every instance was a medpack, screwdriver, fire ax, Ballistic helmet, a canteen and cans of food and drink.

I think im closing in on the culprit. Seems that the RED soda cans have been causing it. as soon as i picked one up, the lag started again, i relogged, ditched it and its been hunky dory since.

Seems that the best thing for these issues is to DROP the latest item youve picked up as SOON as it starts.

Weird, I'm not having ANY of those items when this occurs. Things DO seem to be improving in general though, as I am now able to find a server and log in more times than not... only to slingshot around as I move due to connectivitiy issues. Very frustrating...Alpha is as alpha does, but I just want to experience bugs INSIDE the game. :(