acsdog

SLI/Crossfire Support

I have yet to find any discussions on this topic yet. I would really like to see SLI/Xfire soon. I know it is only in Alpha, but I would love to play the game as it's truly meant to be played at max settings. Please, anybody else who wants multiple GPU support, please give this some attention!

• Like 4

You'd be better off complaining to Bohemia Interactive directly or submitting a ticket in the DayZ Standalone official Bohemia Interactive bug report directory (J F Christ that's a mouthful)

I got crossfire working with afr (alternate frame rendering). Go to your catalyst center add a profile for dayz and enable AFR friendly.

I got crossfire working with afr (alternate frame rendering). Go to your catalyst center add a profile for dayz and enable AFR friendly.

I tried that but anything that is white flickers yellow as well. What cards are you running (im using 2x 290x's)

Im using two 7870's and i occasionally get flickering white screens but it usually disapears after a few seconds (not just the yellow but my whole screen). And when it doesnt i switch graphics settings from like high to low and back and that mostly solves it. AFR seems to be a bit problematic.

My settings are everything on low/disabled and ive got only texture detail on very high.

Edited by ToBbErT

Work around for the AMD crossfire

In your catalyst control center.

goto gaming

then 3d application settings

then ADD a new profile 

select your dayz.exe

then in crossfire mode select Use AMD pre-defined profile and select the ArmaA2OA.exe profile and save.

restart dayz and you should now have 2 cards working.

• Like 3

I'm using SLI with 2 Evga GTX 660's, and it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. When it doesn't work, I get shaky white text at the main menu, and tons of rendering issues when playing. When it does work, it is horribly optimized and gets shit performance. I'm comparing the performance to Arma II OA. With max settings in Arma 2 and a 3d resolution set to 100%, I get no less than 40 FPS. Same settings in DayZ, I get no more than 30 FPS, with occasional drops to 20 FPS. I get better performance in Arma 3 maxed out.

Xfire/SLI support would be great. with these arma2 settings i get 4fps more, but sometimes black screen for several seconds. Does someone know a better Config?

Thanks for the tips, guys. Now I can run both cores at 50% instead of one at 98%. Really appreciate it!

:beans:

• Like 1

Thank you i managed to get working my Crossfire 2x Asus HD DirectCu 6870 Radeons. My fps is now mutch higher.

Yes, I used this force-fix workaround for SLI, but recently got a pair of 290x's and they flicker yellow with forced crossfire. Not really usable. 

Unfortunately it's probably AMD or BIS that has to look into that issue specifically with these cards. I don't imagine BIS wants to spend $1200 on a pair of video cards just to try it out either.

Thank you i managed to get working my Crossfire 2x Asus HD DirectCu 6870 Radeons. My fps is now mutch higher.

Same here. Thank you both so much!

sli works fine using the Arma 2 OA profile and forcing ar2

DayZ_2013_12_20_13_05_31_056_zps6c256955

Work around for the AMD crossfire

In your catalyst control center.

goto gaming
then 3d application settings
then ADD a new profile 
select your dayz.exe
then in crossfire mode select Use AMD pre-defined profile and select the ArmaA2OA.exe profile and save.
restart dayz and you should now have 2 cards working.

Hi All,

i run 2 x R9 280x's over 3 x 24" pannels @ 5760 x 1080

20140130_220815.jpg

Can i hell get CrossfireX working !  :) - happy for those who have congrats!

i've tried the ArmaA2OA.exe profile without success.

Any other ideas?

also whats that programme which shows the GPU load?

thanks.
Edited by hitt0r

did you rename it to DayZ.exe and save it?

I use MSI afterburner to monitor my GPU's, its of no help to you I don't think cause your cards are ati but I see the latest Nvidia drivers 334.67 (beta) now come with a DayZ sli profile if people couldn't get it to work for themselves!.

New in GeForce 334.67 Beta drivers

3D/SLI Technology
  • 3DMark TNDM – created profile
  • Aarklash: Legacy – created profile
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition – created profile
  • Age of Empires II HD – created profile
  • Airport Traffic Control 3 – created profile
  • Alien Breed: Impact – created profile
  • Avalon online – created profile
  • Battle Worlds: Kronos – created profile
  • Battlefield Online – created profile
  • Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien – created profile
  • Black Ink – created profile
  • Blood Bowl Chaos Edition – created profile
  • Condition Zero – created profile
  • Contagion – created profile
  • DayZ – created profile
  • Divinity: Dragon Commander – created profile
  • Gas Guzzlers – created profile
  • HeartStone: Heroes of Warcraft – created profile
  • Half-Life Opposing force – created profile
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover – created profile
  • Impire – created profile
  • Omerta - City of Gangsters – created profile
  • OMSI 2: Steam Edition – created profile
  • Plants VS. Zombies Online – created profile
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 – created profile
  • Wargame European Escalation – created profile
  • WarZ – created profile
  • WRC 4 – created profile

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=95e7ab65f9eb194b2c5d8ecb709f677d&t=386051

Edited by Calibre

i'm not using SLI mate, its CrossfireX - it's working now.

Here's the screenshot.

Capture.jpg

Day_Z_2014_02_15_13_30_02_99.jpg

so both GPU's are running @ 30% resulting in 35-40 fps. (which is piss poor in my opinion)

i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz w/ Evo 212.
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming (16/8,8/4,4,4)
Sapphire Toxic R9 280x (Master) Drivers v14.11 (beta)
MSG Gaming OC R9 280x (Slave) Drivers v14.11 (beta)
Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
XFX 850W Bronze.
3 x LG 24EA53V-P 23.8" Displays

MSI afterburner fixed GPU @ 1050 & Memory @1500.

I've done some testing based on the following settings across 2 different resolutions in the same spawn looking into a town.

Textures

Video Memory : Auto Texture Detail : High Texture Filter : High.

Quality: Objects High Terrain: High Clouds : V Low Shadows : V Low

Rendering - all disabled HDR: V low.

Vsync OFF

Results @ 1920 x 1080 (1 monitor)

GPU1+2 : 28 - 30% Load.

35FPS -/+

Results @ 5760 x 1080 (3 monitors in eyefinity)

GPU1+2 : 41% Load.

27 FPS. -/+ 

There's 8FPS difference when running 2 additional monitors.

Next i'm going to edit the DayZ config localvram amount to 3gig to see if that helps at all, watch this space.

Capture.jpg

Edited by hitt0r

**Update**

the memory change had no impact at all.

HOWEVER... i have since changed these video settings:

Textures
Video Memory : Auto Texture Detail :Very High Texture Filter : Very High.
Quality: Objects Very High Terrain:  Very High 
Rendering - AA -Very High FXAA : Very High & all Trees + Grass

Now the cards are running @ 80% load @ 27 - 30FPS in this view: [image scaled down from 5760 x 1080]

2014_02_15_00009.jpg

So essentially i can't increase the FPS in the game, i can however make the game look stunning ! albeit temps on 1 card went to 74 degrees which is perfectly acceptable.

Overall the conclusion is that CrossfireX does not add any FPS difference to the game currently using the Arma 2 profile.
Edited by hitt0r

for the extra load / stress / heat on the cards i can just run the 1 x 280x and get an identical performance. Shame!

I wanted to understand the performance pro's / con's of using 1 monitor @Ultra vs Eyefinity @Ultra vs Eyefinity @Custom settings to understand the trade off between visual quality and FPS and used Svet as the control city. i used dxtory to record at 1920 x 1080 and for eyefnity 5760 x 1080 , then clipped to 1920 x 1080 (showing the middle monitor only) and scale to 720p.

1. 1920 x 1080 Ultra @ 26 Fps 

2. 5760 x 1080 @ Ultra 22Fps

3. 5760 x 1080 @ Custom (AA off etc..) 23Fps.

Conclusion:

1. DayZ is still crap for graphical optimisation which we all knew anyway, but the FPS gain in a town like Svet is not worth me playing across 1 monitor - for 4fps difference i can play @ 5760 x 1080 rather than use 1920 x 1080 on 1 monitor.

2. I repeated the above tests using the CrossfireX Arma2 profile, and the was absolutely no fps gain or loss through this process. i used MSI afterburner to ensure both cards were working.

Edited by hitt0r

what is it with every one and crossfire/sli? A single storng card will do more benefit than a crossfire setup and also spare half the money.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/205509-crossfire-or-sli/

No joke - I've known people who dumped stupid amounts of money into triple SLI setups that just barely beat my single 560Ti in frame rates in every game we play.  If you spend over $300 on video cards then I feel sorry for you.  A few frames per second aren't worth the price of a small car....

• Like 1