Sign in to follow this  
gibonez

Where are our booby traps ?

Anyone else looking forward to setting up booby traps with home made or military explosives ?

I can already see the possibilities.

Imagine setting up shop in one of the apartment buildings once the player render distance problem is fixed and booby trapping the entrance.

Said sniper then proceeds to shoot anyone he sees in sight terrorizing bandit and survivor alike. When the people finally band together to take him out they are met with a series of booby traps hampering them.

Another great scenario would be to set up an ied outside a heavily traveled road and eventually when vehicles are added the road side bomb will disable the vehicle allowing you to stick up the remaining hurt survivors or finish them off with impressive ambush fire.

• Like 1

I was thinking more a long the lines of needles filled with horrible things.

Imagine being infected with an unknown virus. :)

Edited by ProGamerGov

I was thinking more a long the lines of needles filled with horrible things.

Imagine being infected with an unknown virus. :)

With the new crafting menu I would imagine being able to add feces, or infected zombie tissue to booby traps shouldnt be a problem.

Then even if they survive the sharpnel and blast of the explosion they have an infection that they must treat quickly or die.

Thats an awesome Idea I would love to set up booby traps to catch some players.

But in the other hand it would be extremey unfair and frustrating so maybe only if it is really rare and maybe it destroys itsself after a set amount of time...

But in the other hand it would be extremey unfair and frustrating so maybe only if it is really rare and maybe it destroys itsself after a set amount of time...

Encountering the traps would be extremely rare the map is gigantic.

Although the materials needed for setting up the traps are common such as a grenade and string or rope. They will not become a problem.

traps should be saved to the server so they do not get deleted after some time or when the player who set them up died.

Booby traps will play a huge role in securing loot especially when base building is set in place.

I was thinking the same thing would be so good to set up in a house then rig the entrances with traps traps muhahaha and more importantly rig known bandit spots!

No none of that delete when dead or destroy itself crap.

It would exist until triggered or disarmed. If you die, it lives on as your legacy. A zombie could trigger it as well. Or you could convince in suspecting players to go in first to test it.