ninjacalypse

Don't forget the point of Alpha...

Yeah, playing the game and having fun is great but before everyone continues making long-winded rants about how some feature hasn't been implemented yet, something isn't working, KOS'ers, combat loggers, server hoppers, etc, etc...

Don't forget the point of the Alpha, to thoroughly test the game (not just the airfields and military camps) provide constructive feedback, bug reports and so on.

For instance I've found several entities out of place in small towns, like garbage cans stuck in the middle of walls or floating in the air and other stuff like that.

I encourage everyone to have fun but I just think a lot of people are getting too bent out of shape about airfields and other things that have already been addressed many times over. I realize that's the nature of game forums but just wanted to point out that playing the game is great but don't forget to contribute usable feedback and while you're playing...test...maybe even take notes. Every time I see another "I'm quitting because of X!" thread it just makes me laugh a little because I've seen open betas and even release titles that were worse than this Alpha is right now.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 5

OH YEAH 

its not enough to write in all threads, that gives feedback or critic or bug report, " its an alpha" now u need to start a thread of " its an alpha"

good job ... not

Edited by chris90

OH YEAH

its not enough to write in all threats, that gives feedback or critic or bug report, " its an alpha" now u need to start a threat of " its an alpha"

good job ... not

Thanks. ^^ This is exactly my point.

Who exactly is "threatening" you if you're actually using the bug reports board to report bugs? Maybe I'm missing something but I couldn't find any threads by you that were actually posted in the bug reports board or tracker.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157178-is-anything-at-all-going-to-be-done-about-combat-logging/

this f.e. 

TE ask how does an option look like for combat logger

and the first fking answer ist " its an alpha"

has nothing todo with the current state of the game just say "its an alpha" thats how you are a true dayz fanboy.

if anybody write something bad about the game, if its feedback or bug report or just a question if someone has the same issue just write " its an alpha" to become a true hero

there are 1000 topics like this

You underlined what has been underlined on numerous occasions, yet it still seems that this is worth repeating since people don't get it.

YOU HAVE MY BEANS, SIR!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157178-is-anything-at-all-going-to-be-done-about-combat-logging/

this f.e. 

has nothing todo with the current state of the game just say "its an alpha" thats how you are a true dayz fanboy.

if anybody write something bad about the game, if its feedback or bug report or just a question if someone has the same issue just write " its an alpha" to become a true hero

Chris you can't make a review of a game that isn't really out yet. That said, all critisim is valued and problems should of course be discussed.

this f.e. 

Well, that's posted in general discussion where you can already find countless pages of threads complaining about combat loggers. While "It's an alpha." May not be what you demand to hear, it's a valid response because Rocket has already addressed the issue of combat loggers in DayZ SA and how they will be dealt with...before the Alpha was even released.

I realize not everyone has kept up with the development but Hall addressed this months ago and said there would be a cooldown/logout timer. This hasn't been implemented yet along with a number of things that haven't been implemented yet. That said, that's the reason why the game description on Steam that surely at least one person has read states the game is in alpha, still under development and to expect bugs and the game to not be fully featured yet.

In other Alphas I've taken part in, if you weren't actually contributing useful feedback to the game testing and just complained that something was "ruining your game" the mods/devs actually kicked people out of the testing, which isn't even the case here.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the sentence "It's an alpha," then. The point is that remaking the same stupid threads about the m4, player logging, all these issues which are in the bug tracker system, is totally pointless. It's an alpha and the issue will eventually be addressed.

• Like 1

You clearly don't know the meaning of the sentence "It's an alpha," then. The point is that remaking the same stupid threads about the m4, player logging, all these issues which are in the bug tracker system, is totally pointless. It's an alpha and the issue will eventually be addressed.

It is not pointless, if there are 200 threads reporting problem A and only 125 complaining about problem B, which do you think will be fixed first? Bug fixing isn't always a queue that operates on what is noticed first, it is what needs to be fixed first in order to please the community. People shouting "ALPHA" do nothing to help any more than the person who is reporting a bug. Yes, in time they will eventually fix all the problems, but the amount of complaints on certain problems influences the order.

Edited by BurritoBandit

GODDAMNIT USE THE BUG TRACKER. THAT'S WHY IT EXISTS. SEARCH FOR A BUG, UP VOTE THE APPROPRIATE REPORT, WAIT FOR FIX.

Fuck me.

• Like 1

GODDAMNIT USE THE BUG TRACKER. THAT'S WHY IT EXISTS. SEARCH FOR A BUG, UP VOTE THE APPROPRIATE REPORT, WAIT FOR FIX.

Fuck me.

I think a lot of people either don't care about the tracker and would rather just complain simply because it's easier or some people have just had bad experiences with bug reporting in past games. For those that don't know, Rocket/Dean is very involved with the player community but he can't do everything at once. While we might want certain things fixed first for play purposes like loot/combat logging and other issues there's a lot of stuff under the hood that everyone isn't aware of. Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 2