Sign in to follow this  
deputy

Zabytyy Zemli - Contaminated area

Zabytyy Zemli (забыли земли)

I have an idea to create an area on the map which is contaminated and requires a gas mask and perhaps even a full radiation/contamination suit.

This area could contain high value loot and I think the Suit and Gas mask should be fairly rare, it could also be in a fairly hard to get spot up north like on top of a mountain or maybe even on a secluded island which requires a boat to get too.

It would have stronger zombies or mutant animals to make the area more dangerous.

I call the zone "Zabytyy Zemli" (забыли земли) or Forgotten Land in English

Heres a quick thing I did in paint as an example but the area could be much larger:

doP09JY.png

Feel free to add anything to my suggestion (PS if this is in the wrong forum could you tell me where to put it as there is no Standalone suggestions forum only one for the mod)

Suggestions from other users:

Throw in an nuclear plant that melted down because it couldn't cool it anymore because of the power outage or something as a back story. Throw in allot of zombies that can scratch up your suit so you can get radiation poisoning same goes for gun shots that can add bullet holes in the suit. Don't add any solution for this so people really need to make a choice to go in or not without having the idea in their head " I got an antidote anyway".

Edited by deputy
  • Like 14

That doesn't make it a bad idea. Would give the masks some use outside of making you look creepy :)

Though I don't really like the mutant animals idea. I'd be happy if it were just a normal-ish area, but hazardous to pass through. Could throw some fog or some such in to mark it and add to the "oh shit" factor when you run I to someone.

I like the idea of giving gas masks much more use. I would much prefer the idea of stronger zombies in this area - much stronger. as if that was ground zero or something. this kind of thing gives late-game survivors something to do instead of sniping new spawns. I love the PvP aspect of this game, and I don't even have a problem with KoS because of the reasoning behind it sometimes - they are a threat, etc. but sniping new spawns from so far away that they simply can't know you exist is underhanded and is a style of gameplay enforced by a lack of late-game objectives.

Throw in an nuclear plant that melted down because it couldn't cool it anymore because of the power outage or something as a back story. Throw in allot of zombies that can scratch up your suit so you can get radiation poisoning same goes for gun shots that can add bullet holes in the suit. Don't add any solution for this so people really need to make a choice to go in or not without having the idea in their head " I got an antidote anyway".

Zabytyy Zemli (забыли земли)

I have an idea to create an area on the map which is contaminated and requires a gas mask and perhaps even a full radiation/contamination suit.

This area could contain high value loot and I think the Suit and Gas mask should be fairly rare, it could also be in a fairly hard to get spot up north like on top of a mountain or maybe even on a secluded island which requires a boat to get too.

It would have stronger zombies or mutant animals to make the area more dangerous.

I call the zone "Zabytyy Zemli" (забыли земли) or Forgotten Land in English

Heres a quick thing I did in paint as an example but the area could be much larger:

doP09JY.png

Feel free to add anything to my suggestion (PS if this is in the wrong forum could you tell me where to put it as there is no Standalone suggestions forum only one for the mod)

Suggestions from other users:

Ok idea. I'd see alot of CDF zombies in hazmat gear if they hadn't died of radiation/starvation

I like the idea, apart from the stronger zombies. Perhaps instead there could be more zombies in these locations as there are less players killing them.

Sounds a bit like radiation areas in RUST.

I recall that on a twitch stream they said it would be nice to have the masks protect against tear gas that might be coming in at some point after throwing object is implemented.

I still think, that for this is needed an additional part of map, on north. Something like this. Some passes through the mountains, maybe also a railway tunnel.

2952zhk.jpg

• Like 1

some chemical weapons can last for a long time after being used, if such a zone is added it could have been caused by the russians trying to contain the outbreak, ill post a few i found that could be used

Incapacitating Causes atropine-like inhibition of acetylcholine in subject. Causes peripheral nervous system effects that are the opposite of those seen in nerve agent poisoning.
  • Inhaled: 30 minutes to 20 hours;
  • Skin: Up to 36 hours after skin exposure to BZ. Duration is typically 72 to 96 hours.
Extremely persistent in soil and water and on most surfaces; contact hazard.

^this is good becasue its non leathal but can cause problems for any unprepared player who wanders into the area

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vesicant/Blister Agents are acid-forming compounds that damages skin and respiratory system, resulting burns and respiratory problems.
  • Mustards: Vapors: 4 to 6 hours, eyes and lungs affected more rapidly; Skin: 2 to 48 hours
  • Lewisite: Immediate
Persistent and a contact hazard.

nasty stuff but wont insta kill people without warning, damage could probably be treatable without needing special items unless you breath it in

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nerve Inactivates enzyme acetylcholinesterase, preventing the breakdown of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the victim's synapses and causing both muscarinic and nicotinic effects
  • Miosis (pinpoint pupils)
  • Blurred/dim vision
  • Headache
  • Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
  • Copious secretions/sweating
  • Muscle twitching/fasciculations
  • Dyspnea
  • Seizures
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Vapors: seconds to minutes;
  • Skin: 2 to 18 hours
VX is persistent and a contact hazard; other agents are non-persistent and present mostly inhalation hazards.

run into this stuff and your fucked unless you have a atropine injector or are wearing a chem suit,

all 3 types could even be used with the army useing the non leathal agents first and resorting to nastyer ones as it fails to contain the infection makeing the zone less dangerous near the edges and more so the closer you go in

Play rust much?

No thanks.

Wow so many idiots. Just because its semi similar to Rusts radiation zones doesn't make it a bad idea. Inspiring ideas from other games is what makes gaming development grow. 

But to everyone contributing their suggestions and giving support thanks a lot :)

Edited by deputy

I WANT THIS!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

This idea is not unique to Rust, its been done before in other games(environmental hazards at least), and its a cool idea, one game that springs to mind is Stalker, it had radiation fields and anomalies, and if anyone has played Stalker Online(not an official game) with anomaly fields where you get loot from, its quite a neat concept.

Though, it simply might not suit DayZ, there is a few other things that could create environmental hazards though, was asbestos ever used around chern? If so, certain buildings could contain asbestos in the air, and you'd need suitable covering or you get sick, obviously asbestos isn't the most realistic scenario for getting sick straight away(usually happens many many years later), but its just one example.

It would certainly bring something to the game.

Edited by Atomizer

That doesn't make it a bad idea. Would give the masks some use outside of making you look creepy :)

I find the gas masks sexy :( especially when i wear it on my ass

This idea is not unique to Rust, its been done before in other games(environmental hazards at least), and its a cool idea, one game that springs to mind is Stalker, it had radiation fields and anomalies, and if anyone has played Stalker Online(not an official game) with anomaly fields where you get loot from, its quite a neat concept.

Though, it simply might not suit DayZ, there is a few other things that could create environmental hazards though, was asbestos ever used around chern? If so, certain buildings could contain asbestos in the air, and you'd need suitable covering or you get sick, obviously asbestos isn't the most realistic scenario for getting sick straight away(usually happens many many years later), but its just one example.

It would certainly bring something to the game.

I think it suits the game, the whole russian setting just screams chernobyl.. and it will give people something to do once they have all the best gear instead of sniping new spawns or getting bored of the game

I think it suits the game, the whole russian setting just screams chernobyl.. and it will give people something to do once they have all the best gear instead of sniping new spawns or getting bored of the game

And therein lies the problem; almost every time you enter a Russian sort of setting in any game it's either Chernobyl or a WW2 battle. I'd like to keep it different for a change and see some of what non-radioactive Russia looks like.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Is there even a nuclear power plant in the map? If there is then I am wrong, otherwise, that is why I said it doesn't exactly fit, not saying I don't like the idea of course, just there should be more authentic environmental hazards based on the actual chernarus map we have in SA.

...In fact, what kind of ship was the one that they put in? It could have been transporting something that would make this viable to do...