-Gews-

Muzzle flash!

So I noticed this back in the early videos:

I hope they seriously tone down that Hollywood muzzle flash for the final release:

tLPt0YM.png

And I noticed it in Dean's Twitch streams:

Here's another example of the exaggerated flash from today's stream:

wVP1ddV.png

And it's still in the current build:

1rcvVds.jpg?1

I need to keep bringing this up, 'cos I want it to be fixed.

Obligatory "it's alpher" disclaimer: yeah, I know it's alpha, but this seems like it could be a creative decision to me. Someone had to actually make an exaggerated flash for an exaggerated flash to come out of the gun.

Either way it needs to go before beta!

• Like 8

What makes no sense is you can see the M4A1 model has a flash hider..... lol

What?? We have laser cannons and I didn't even know!

Well it seems like a simple fix, I don't see why it's that exaggerated in the first place! O_o

• Like 1

Clearly no one here has never shot a fucking gun... and if you have then your still a Fucktard. A muzzle flash reducer in real life isn't like fucking COD or BF.. muzzle flash doesn't just magically disappear! its called a REDUCER.. I swear people... the amount of stupidity is ridiculous! 

• Like 1

Clearly no one here has never shot a fucking gun... and if you have then your still a Fucktard. A muzzle flash reducer in real life isn't like fucking COD or BF.. muzzle flash doesn't just magically disappear! its called a REDUCER.. I swear people... the amount of stupidity is ridiculous! 

So judging by your incredibly charismatic post (which of course given the subject at hand is completely justified), I take it that in real life muzzle flashes are like the ones on the images posted?

What ya know, looks like Hollywood was under-doing it after all! 

• Like 5

Calm your tits, Janet. There is no need for the "no one who disagrees with my views on X has ever Y" fallacy. Those muzzle flashes are not accurate.

• Like 2

So judging by your incredibly charismatic post (which of course given the subject at hand is completely justified), I take it that in real life muzzle flashes are like the ones on the images posted?

Around this time last night I was shooting a Mosin M39 in near total darkness and the muzzle flash wasn't half that big.

this is real muzzle flash. it is exaggerated in game.

And in real life, unlike in-game, it lasts for only a few milliseconds (or even less). In game, it lasts for an entire frame.

Clearly no one here has never shot a fucking gun... and if you have then your still a Fucktard.

LOL

Edited by Gews

As a matter of fact YES. if anything they they are less exaggerate than an actual real muzzle flash! why don't you tour Afghanistan and be around gunfire all day. From my experience of having guns fire next to my face and guns fired at me, I know what the fuck a muzzle flash looks like. So take your stupidity somewhere else..

• Like 2

As a matter of fact YES. if anything they they are less exaggerate than an actual real muzzle flash! why don't you tour Afghanistan and be around gunfire all day. From my experience of having guns fire next to my face and guns fired at me, I know what the fuck a muzzle flash looks like. So take your stupidity somewhere else..

BRTky.jpg

• Like 13

Dear mother of god, what's wrong with your attitude man? Do you go around talking to everybody you meet this way? Chill out, we are talking about muzzle flashes here, not a world threatening matter.

Let's try something, just for kicks will ya? Pretend you are a grown up, and try talking to others in a respectful manner, like if they were grown people too discussing VIDEO GAMES, just for fun. Who knows, maybe you'll actually enjoy not getting into an argument every five minutes. 

I would have figured that if you really do have combat experience as you suggest you do then somebody would have taught you some discipline, SHOW IT.  

Edited by linfosoma
  • Like 2

Watching your credibility drop in such few posts is astounding.

• Like 3

Dear mother of god, what's wrong with your attitude man?

Hey man, tier 0 operators have guns firing next to their faces ALL fucking day, even when they shower and shit. It's like... just constant muzzles  in your face....firing....you're just running everywhere and dropping satchel charges... and there are muzzles in your face... like penises surrounding your face... shooting in your face while you're "touring" Asscrackistan...

MilSpecZombie is:

A. 14, neglected, and being raised by Activision.

B. 17 and waiting for delayed entry, being kept busy by Activision.

C.  Actually  22 and actually in Afghanist an, but a fobbit being kept sane by Activision.

D. Actually 22 and actually in Afghanistan, completely traumatized with a brain injury, and not getting the phsychological care that he desperately, desperately needs. PTSD ridden and pounding the keyboard with his e-penis.

Edited by 032125
  • Like 8

Hey man, tier 0 operators have guns firing next to their faces ALL fucking day, even when they shower and shit. It's like... just constant muzzles  in your face....firing....you're just running everywhere and dropping satchel charges... and there are muzzles in your face... like penises surrounding your face... shooting in your face while you're "touring" Asscrackistan...

MilSpecZombie is:

A. 14, neglected, and being raised by Activision.

B. 17 and waiting for delayed entry, being kept busy by Activision.

C.  Actually  22 and actually in Afghanist an, but a fobbit being kept sane by Activision.

D. Actually 22 and actually in Afghanistan, completely traumatized with a brain injury, and not getting the phsychological care that he desperately, desperately needs. PTSD ridden and pounding the keyboard with his e-penis.

:|  you should be ashamed of yourself.. PTSD is a serious matter. What is wrong with all of you? The fact that you care as much to make fun of, or harass me, amuses me... incompetent little shits

• Like 1

:|  you should be ashamed of yourself.. PTSD is a serious matter. What is wrong with all of you? The fact that you care as much to make fun of, or harass me, amuses me... incompetent little shits

Is there something you would like to share with us, Janet? Or can we get back to a respectful discussion of unrealistic muzzle flash in DayZ?

• Like 1

I fire AR-15's every weekend with 30+ other people and I use a Flash Hider. I never said that it removed the muzzle flash completely now did I? I have seen people fire an AR-15 with a flash hider and it is VERY far from what the game has currently. Plus, you need to take a chill pill. Acting like a rage-driven dumbass will not get you respected here.

Look. I don't know about "Afghanistan" (no offense but it seems like everyone on the internet served a tour in Afghanistan) but I worked at a gun range for 2 years. I shot everything from .22 to .50 BMG, and I have never seen a muzzle flash like the ones in those screenshots. It simply doesn't happen that way. At night time they can be highly visible, but nothing of that magnitude.

• Like 5

It simply doesn't happen that way. At night time they can be highly visible, but nothing of that magnitude.

Okay I'am sorry for seeming like an asshole and I admit, I am being an asshole, but really no one has a clue on what they are talking about.. 

orig.jpg

500px-SPBTS_03.jpg

9-6.jpg

• Like 3

Hello there

Flash issues aside, do not use PTSD or any Mental Health Issue as a source of "lulz".

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

Fine with me anything that makes it easier to find out where you are getting shot from works.

• Like 1

Okay I'am sorry for seeming like an asshole and I admit, I am being an asshole, but really no one has a clue on what they are talking about.. 

What you are doing is dismissing opposing arguments based on unsubstantiated argumentum ab auctoritate rather than rational argumentation or valid evidence.

Your first picture is a Degroat Flash Enhancer, taken at dusk. This is called cherry picking.

The second picture is a .50 M2HB, taken from IMFDB; the Internet Movie Firearms Database. Hollywood. Nuff said.

The third picture was taken at dusk, and is still nowhere near as big as the first and third images provided by Gews. These were clearly captured during daylight conditions in game. The third image by OP shows a flash in full daylight that is about twice the height of the man, so about 12 feet.

Are you making the claim that an M4 with a 16" barrel and birdcage flash hider produces a 12" flash in broad daylight? If that was true, the Army may want to consider switching to the AAC Blackout flashhider ASAP, because the current birdcage design is a massive unmitigated failure. 

• Like 6

If anyone wants to see any flashing i will be in the third wood cabin on the left in Zeleno.

• Like 5

orig.jpg

500px-SPBTS_03.jpg

9-6.jpg

Those last 2 pictures use hollywood aspects. FPS Russia is a completely fake show. It's been proven time and time again.