Gingerizhere

Why do we already have so many 24/7 daylight servers?

I like night alone, but i dont like it when there´s others who don´t like it.

Gamma warriors just reduce that part of the game to nothing, i can´t even count the times i´ve been axed to death by someone who clearly sees me despite it being pitch black under normal settings.

As for why not just do it myself...well it kinda defeats the point, might aswell find server with day/dawn/dusk

Am I just imagining things or wasn't there an Arma2 beta patch last year that effectively made gamma cranking useless? I could have sworn it was released and people put up so much of a fuss they reverted back.

Let's use those settings for night time.

The thing is, though, that a brightness/gamma-setting will probably always be needed, whatever kind of night-time they implement.

Because people have different types of monitors that displays light, colours and contrast differently. They also have varying amounts of light in the room where they sit and play.

I.e. the same setting will look different between computers, and it needs to be compensated for. Unfortunately.

The thing is, though, that a brightness/gamma-setting will probably always be needed, whatever kind of night-time they implement.

Because people have different types of monitors that displays light, colours and contrast differently. They also have varying amounts of light in the room where they sit and play.

I.e. the same setting will look different between computers, and it needs to be compensated for. Unfortunately.

They'll be needed, but I don't think they work correctly in Arma/dayz. Cranking them up shouldn't help define things that are in the dark, it should just brighten and define things you can already make out. Amplify the existing light, don't amplify the darkness.

We can all agree that gamma warriors are going to be gamma warriors that should be a constant, while I don't choose to be a gamma warrior, many do, and I'm not going to tell them they can't do such a thing just because they can. In all of competitive gaming, graphics are an afterthought, look at all of the Counter Strike competitive guys. I am sure the Battlefield competitive players do the same thing no matter how pretty that game is. People are going to find the best advantage they can (whilst breaking immersion) whether some like it or not.

TL;DR 

Gamma warriors gonna gamma whether you like it or not.

why do we have 24/7 dayservers? because most of people doent enjoy night. dev's should make nighttime brighter (and add colour) so there are less 24/7 dayservers. or atleast make it avalible for server to switch from pitch black to magical bright nights.

Edited by Guarana_SUI

For loot to respawn servers must reboot. Thus most servers are daytime all the time.

We are less than a week in to the SA, and it seems like more than half of the servers start with "24/7 daylight". I understand that many people want daylight and not night all the time due to their work hours, but can't you just find a server with a timezone that suits you? I thought the point of the SA was to make it more challenging and overall make you feel more like you are in a actual zombie apocalypse (correct me if I am wrong). 

I know I am probably the minority here, but why is this? 

Edit: it also seems as if server admins are having trouble with setting it to a timezone of their choosing because that feature is a little wonky at the moment, but nonetheless, question still stands.

While i don't agree with 100% daytime, all the servers in my timezone, and many others, are NIGHT.

edit: ALWAYS

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Fix night time, get rid of the gamma/brightness abuse

Problem solved

Mangets

I think my biggest problem with night is that I'm forced to use a flashlight. I'm a stealth guy, and a giant light ruins it. On a moonlight night it's fine for me. I thinks it's the right balance of shadows and visibilty. If every night was like that, I'd love the dark.

Fix night time, get rid of the gamma/brightness abuse

Problem solved

Mangets

There's nothing wrong with night time ?

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with night time ?

Seriously, I don't understand, if you were in a night with little to no man-made light for miles (or kilometers if that floats your boat), you probably couldn't see jack shit in buildings. And most of the nights I have played on SA so far, have been full, bright, and in your face moons. The one instance in which there was little to no light, I just made do with what the clouds gave me for direction.

IT IS CALLED SURVIVING FOR A REASON

(for clarity, I am agreeing with you Mos1ey)

We are less than a week in to the SA, and it seems like more than half of the servers start with "24/7 daylight". I understand that many people want daylight and not night all the time due to their work hours, but can't you just find a server with a timezone that suits you? I thought the point of the SA was to make it more challenging and overall make you feel more like you are in a actual zombie apocalypse (correct me if I am wrong). 

I know I am probably the minority here, but why is this? 

Edit: it also seems as if server admins are having trouble with setting it to a timezone of their choosing because that feature is a little wonky at the moment, but nonetheless, question still stands.

maybe its because theirs no NVG`s yet?

Also because the night time is fucking redicoulus, irl if i go out when its dark even when im not in a city its not like i dont see anything.

Also because the night time is fucking redicoulus, irl if i go out when its dark even when im not in a city its not like i dont see anything.

This is largely due to light pollution from the cities themselves, so that should have something to do with it.

Edit: Also, you really didn't read any of these pages in this thread did you?

Edited by Gingerizhere
  • Like 1

The issue I have with the night at the moment is the Gamma and Brightness "cheat", and the fact that light goes through buildings, easily giving away your position.

It's a hard choice, really.

1. Because you sleep at night for fucks sake.

2. Because gamma in-game and gamma settings on computer monitors.

3. Because KOS and the fact that people solo and have no backup or blood giver next to me at all times, ill never turn on my flashlight. Too risky. So its gamma or pitch black... aka hop to another server.

It would be better to just have a moonlit night where visibility was reduced quite a bit, but you could still see most everything, especially movement as per usual.

Edited by Thane

whats wrong with night? i was in the mountains the other night with no moon and it was pitch black. couldnt even see my hands. night in dayz was the same. you cant have moon out every night, imagine the effect that would have on the tides.

i was hoping the game would evolve and start having "seasons" but if theres a moon out every night  i dont see the point in progressing because it may as well be jan 17th every day forever like every other game. or whatever the fuck im trying to say