whatup2003

Poll: How long would you like the Day/Night cycle to be in DayZ?

How long would you like the Day/Night cycle to be in DayZ?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How long would you like the Day/Night cycle to be in DayZ?

• The way it is now.
    • Game time is as same as server local time.
    • Shorter Day/Night cycle than real time. (24 in-game-hour=12 actual hour)
    • Even shorter Day/Night cycle than real time. (24 in-game-hour=8 actual hour)
    • Shortest Day/Night cycle than real time. (24 in-game-hour=4 actual hour)

Personality I don't want to play either day-time-only or night-time-only in DayZ. I'd like to see the sunrise on the mountain top. I'd like to see the sunset by the sea shore. Basically, I want to see the time change without having to play a full day in real life. So, what's your choice?

4 hours time would make playing on day/night and seeing the sunset and rise more frequent, simulating a life in that country, like if it you really were there. This would be great on future private servers, from were you cant server hop to escape the night.

I also would like to see a more rapid day/night cycle. Work doesn't allow me much in the way of daytime play, so I have only seen the game at night. I'd love to change that.

4 hours give you ~2 hours daylight, ~1 hour twilight and ~1 hour darkness. A little of everyting each time you play.

Yeah, I mean normally I don't like sacrificing realism for gameplay too much, but I think the realistic day/night cycle doesn't do much to make the game better.  Origins was 4/4 and it was really fun, and didn't feel overbearing. But like if I had a choice on a seasonal/weather system I would say make it a 365 cycle.

But 4/4 would give you:

1h - sunrise

3h - daylight

1h - sunset

3h - night

Edited by xInfinityx
  • Like 1

Someone had the great idea of like 21 hour days so that people who work every time the log in at the same time every night is a different time in the game.

What I think now is that devs can try all these different setups to see people's reactions. After all, this is an alpha test, right?

Yeah, I mean normally I don't like sacrificing realism for gameplay too much, but I think the realistic day/night cycle doesn't do much to make the game better.  Origins was 4/4 and it was really fun, and didn't feel overbearing. But like if I had a choice on a seasonal/weather system I would say make it a 365 cycle.

But 4/4 would give you:

1h - sunrise

3h - daylight

1h - sunset

3h - night

i agree i even made an pool about that  

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156810-how-about-a-change-in-daynigth-cycle/

Personality I don't want to play either day-time-only or night-time-only in DayZ. I'd like to see the sunrise on the mountain top. I'd like to see the sunset by the sea shore. Basically, I want to see the time change without having to play a full day in real life. So, what's your choice?

6hours light :3 hours dark

moonlit dark

current dark ruins the feel of the game, in the light it's beautiful, but in darkness it's just pitch black and everyone gamma cheats.

Edited by Wookieenoob

6hours light :3 hours dark

moonlit dark

current dark ruins the feel of the game, in the light it's beautiful, but in darkness it's just pitch black and everyone gamma cheats.

changing the gama cannot be considered a cheat, but the nigth should be shorter at least 6 hours shorter and i think it should be colored.

Edited by TenenteSa

I like the 24h cycle and vote for it.

Cycle change makes sence when the goal is to give a player always playing at the same time nights and days.

Exampe: you play always at 8:00.

All times you set in the vote did not help him. Nothing changed for him. He starts alway at the same time.

A 23h cycle help him, a 13h cycle etc help him. This vote is worthless. Give more cycle vote options.

Edited by NoCheats

I'd like to see 20 hour cycles. 

I like the idea of staying with just one server and playing through different parts of the day spread over a few days real time.

• Like 1

I like the feeling of surviving the night and seeing the sun rise. It could be cool if it somehow took 2-4 hours to get to midday then it sat at midday for 2 hours then the time kept moving.

If it were up to me, I would set day 5hrs and night 3hrs.  I like day the best, and night time is for sneaking around undetected!

4 hours of day, 4 hours of night is my vote. Gives me potential to spread my session over day and night, or just day, or just night.

Or multiple sunrises and sunsets.

Edited by rjcollins