MLG420blazeit

DayZ + SweetFX = VERY NICE

Got a couple of screenshot comparisons from DayZ to show you guys how much better the game looks with SweetFX enabled. I'm using this pre-set, apparently made for FIFA 14 but IMO it looks just as good on DayZ. 

SweetFX off:

rcod3h2.jpg

SweetFX on:

iGz03W7.jpg

SweetFX off:

oRKV4Xm.png

SweetFX on:

D2ud6We.png

SweetFX off:

WcdBXDh.png

SweetFX on:

csk3vSr.png

Was gonna take more screenshots but the game crashed when I minimised to check if the screenshots were saving.

• Like 7

oh be careful dude,

i know games where they ban you because they say that sweet fx is a unallowed third person software.

pictures look nice but a liitle to"crunchy" (pixel) for me.

oh be careful dude,

i know games where they ban you because they say that sweet fx is a unallowed third person software.

pictures look nice but a liitle to"crunchy" (pixel) for me.

You cannot get banned for SweetFX.

SweetFX does not inject data into the EXE of the game.

While people call the shader mods injectors, they are not code injectors in the original meaning of the word, in that they do not inject code into another process, but have their own separate process. 

SweetFX is a set of shaders that run using the InjectSMAA dlls which is a Direct3D proxy dll that redirects the Direct3D render surface to another surface and then runs an extra shader pass on that surface before returning the output to the backbuffer.

VAC rules does not explicitly state that this is allowed, but neither does it state that this is not allowed.

Since Valve have never explicitly stated that it is allowed, it remains a grey area, but in the two years that such shader mods have existed no one have ever been banned for using them.

VAC seems to only detect things which can be used to cheat and shader mods such as FXAA tool and SweetFX can not be used to cheat.

Source : I'm the SweetFX developer.

Edited by MLG420blazeit

mah machine cant even run low settings <_< darn

Using these pre-sets has had absolutely no impact on my performance.

May I ask how many FPS you got with SweetFX enabled and disabled (in Cherno and countryside)?

Looks like too much contrast and sharp filter for my taste, I prefer the default 'softer' tones. Still, looks good regardless.

I was interested in trying this out looks really good, and the parallax effect (especially on the bricks in the last pic) is really sweet. I was thinking it might be ban-able (I mean it says injector lol). I might try it out, Im all about Parallax Occlusion/tessellation! Lol now boris just has to make an enb.

I've been using SweetFX on DayZ Mod for a while. Never had any problems, Game looks a lot better. It comes with a 5-7fps drop though, but still worth it.

Ok guys I'll try to describe how to get this thing to work using the presets in OP.

Download the SweetFX configurator here.

Once you launch and install it, run  it and click "Add new game" which is found in the bottom left corner and locate the DayZ.exe.

Then select "Add SweetFX" - top right hand corner.

Now, if you have the preset downloaded, put them in a folder where you can easily find them. Then click "Save / load configuration". Then click "Import preset" and import the downloaded preset. Close that window and re open the "Save / load configuration" thingy, then select the preset on the left hand side and click "Load selected preset". Once you've done that, you're almost done. Open "SweetFX injector settings" and select "Enable steam overlay hack".

Now launch the game and you should be good to go. In-game you can disable the SweetFX by pressing Scroll Lock. Any screenshots taken will be saved to the DayZ folder (if you use Print Screen that is). 

Now click "Launch selected game" and voila.

I made this seem much more difficult than it actually is.

Ok guys I'll try to describe how to get this thing to work using the presets in OP.

Download the SweetFX configurator here.

Tried that way same error

im on Win 8.1 64bit professional

amd 6950 2gb graphics card on 2 Monitors

Am I the only one that thinks this just looks like it makes everything lighter?

Yes, that's the preset I'm using. You can actually change presets if you want it darker. :p

How did u even installed it?

im getting Error: Device reset failed, error 8876086c

strange i am getting the same error and i use sweetfx in arma2 and 3 strange it crashes this when its on the same engine( modified version but it still an RV engine)

Hello there

Other threads are reporting problems with ENB and sweetfx with DAYZ

Personally, I'd hold off on using them until we have full confirmation from a dev that it wont trigger a VAC or other alert.

I use it myself in other games and its *probably* fine to use, but use at your own risk.

Rgds

LoK

I would not use anything that eats any FPS since in Cherno / Elektro, every FPS is important.