Sign in to follow this  
ZedsDeadBaby

Are People Keeping Characters Between Sessions?

Just curious if my problem is isolated, or widespread. Are people's characters being maintained between sessions?

I can keep a character between two or three sessions, but inevitably and eventually I always end up back on the beach as a new spawn, even after logging out fully fed, healthy and alone.

• Like 2

I've spawned in as a "fresh spawn" only once; I immediately exited, loaded another server, and got my fireaxe/mosin back.

• Like 3

Lol. 

I went unconscious late last night. Respawned and played for about 10 minutes. When I logged in today I had the gear I had before respawning and my vision was clear. I was still complaining about being hungry and thirsty ( I thinkI was ill) but I got a good hour out of that gear. Gotta love an alpher!

I have just played on 10 different servers, total fresh-spawn wipe each time.

Cycle back to first of ten, on the beach.

Nothing stays.  New spawn every time.

This is new for me as of this evening.

• Like 2

I wonder if steam maintenance has anything to do with it? It's been going for the whole morning here and it seems to be the reason. Maybe because friends are down, hive cannot get the dayz username and it doesn't save?

Every session,and i mean EVERY session.. my char resets

Wow man.  This is still happening?  I guess I am glad I couldn't get into a server after a month's break.

Just curious if my problem is isolated, or widespread. Are people's characters being maintained between sessions?

I can keep a character between two or three sessions, but inevitably and eventually I always end up back on the beach as a new spawn, even after logging out fully fed, healthy and alone.

Had the same char since I started (well technically about five to ten minutes after, as I experienced one death due to teleporting to a barn roof and sliding off)

What servers are you playing on ?? there getting less and less but there still couple servers not linking to the hive properly which may be causing your constant reset ..Not sure  though just spit balling...

What servers are you playing on ?? there getting less and less but there still couple servers not linking to the hive properly which may be causing your constant reset ..Not sure  though just spit balling...

That is likely the case. Part of why I've lived so long is that I keep ending up back at the same mid-population server. When I venture out to another server, there always seems to be something bad. The last one I was on, I kept getting voices that sounded like they were right behind me, but nobody was there. It also had bogus server messages on log-in.

Well let's see, the one that nuked my character was "bandits with bibles"

Which should have been a warning sign that the server cannot be trusted. Live and learn I guess.