Sign in to follow this  
Kiethdude

Color to the night

After playing the new standalone i was still disappointed with the nighttime. Its just to bland. During the day you get to see how the new models look and all the bright colors. But during the night its a gray scale nightmare. I found an image on imgur (source:http://imgur.com/gallery/zFxih) that is not mine but I thought if nighttime looked like this, i would almost prefer to play at night and I feel more players would like it to. One image is a screenshot from the game and the other is a retouched one with color.

post-178079-0-51953700-1387392191_thumb.

post-178079-86250_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiethdude
  • Like 7

Awesome! I would love playing in the night if it was like this! Real night isn't like the one in DayZ, at all..

This is a wonderful suggestion that I would like to see in the SA.  That being said, I do enjoy the night being dark to the point that it is difficult to see without NVGs but as it stands it is devoid of all color.  It's as if the second the sun goes down the world turns grayscale.  This effect does not produce the apex of foreboding that it could because it's paired with this bland and depressing nightime.  It's the fact that the world is so alive that helps immerse one in the horror that is DayZ.

Edited by Kaj

Maybe that's too bright for most nights.

But either way a little bit of colour would clearly make night look better.

I do like that myself, sucks playing during the night since when I play during the  day(real time) its always night and it feels like am playing a greyscale only game right now.