Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Let me throw in my two cents.

The DayZ mod provides a much more complete experience, with a strong metagame and much more variability between certain servers, mods etc.

The standalone provides a concrete and immersive experience that feels more like survival than the mod, but has a weaker late-game as a response. Instead of finding that illusive chopper, you're left to find clothes, guns and people.

All up to you.

Lol the funny thing is that its been over 2 years if you havent realised! for my eyes all i see is the real dayz bandits, taking the money crashing the ship and leaving just the little crew to scrape the deck. trust me im not the only one out of 6 million copies sold that think this is ridiculious.

Drop everything and get to work this is not funny and it has exceeded mine and im sure many of other ppls patience!

Admit it.  You were banned and this is your new account right?

• Like 1

The updates nowadays add stuff worthwhile. Relax guy.

also wot?

very very interesting, and im really relaxed just stating my opinion. btw the latest update broke the game even more LMAO

nope just felt like stating my opinions, but if you want to rant on my stuff this is why i posted it. im tired of all this really sad sad development and i feel like they are deleting or no ones posting how sad it is so i did;)

and well i dont sit on forums all day, after work i have games that are ready to play and completed or doing a better job at finishing or updating games. cause dayz will be in my library for ANOTHER 2 years in alpha most likely at this rate!

nope just felt like stating my opinions, but if you want to rant on my stuff this is why i posted it. im tired of all this really sad sad development and i feel like they are deleting or no ones posting how sad it is so i did;)

They don't delete anything unless it's a racism filled curse fest. They merely move stuff to where it goes (and where everyone can still read)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/73-graveyard/

• Like 1

and well i dont sit on forums all day, after work i have games that are ready to play and completed or doing a better job at finishing or updating games. cause dayz will be in my library for ANOTHER 2 years in alpha most likely at this rate!

Dude, you're hurting the game's feelings with your harsh remarks.

• Like 1

Dude, you're hurting the game's feelings with your harsh remarks.

No, he's making himself look stupid with his misinformed remarks.

I still rock this game almost every day. I'm guessing most people think games are magically pasted together and take only 6 months to make. Probably because CoD shats out a new game every year. It wasn't built from the ground up every year, just some tweaks and new models and textures get added. 

Gimme gimme now!! I wants it! Mad baby mad because it bought a game that wasn't finished.

So I started playing the DayZ Mod shortly after it came out, loved it.

Purchased DayZ Standalone on day of release but after playing it found it quite buggy, also not much in way of zombies so it kind of lost that intense feeling of survival. Don't get me wrong, the mod was buggy also but i found on Standalone i died due to glitches quite often and at least in the mod the zombies represented a threat.

I guess you guys would be best to ask, is it worth firing the game back up? Don’t want to plough on for a few days realizing it’s still in pretty poor shape and not worth playing.

The servers anywhere close to 100 people yet? Or still around the 30-50 mark.

On a side note, if it's still not worth the time.. It surprises me that a company has yet to release a stable and good game for this genre when it's so insanely popular. While i can appreciate games take a while to develop, DayZ Mod has been out since 2012. You'd of figured somebody would of released something better in that time, where WarZ and H1Z1 and similarly naff.

Still a bit shocked it's stayed in Alpha stage for so long.

Edited by thedalmeny

-snip-

It's a fairly normal development cycle. Keep in mind, usually the alpha stage is completely off limits to consumers. 

For all the bugs, glitches and incomplete features, DayZ is what you make of it, I suppose. The zombie aspect of the game is lacking greatly, but that hasn't spoiled my fun. I quite enjoy gearing up from scratch these days, going where the wind takes me.

bought this shortly ater it was released, but I havent played it since early November of last year. whats changed? are there cars/tents/etc yet? worth playing again? forgive my laziness

bought this shortly ater it was released, but I havent played it since early November of last year. whats changed? are there cars/tents/etc yet? worth playing again? forgive my laziness

Trucks and tents are in, so is hunting, fishing, cooking and horticulture. It's worth of couple hours, watching the map changes and test new things but not IMO worth of really playing the game yet other than few days maybe.

Many changes, new places and items since the beginning but the game is still an alpha. Though some (pretty many) people can play this game for thousands of hours even in its current state so hard to say if you enjoy it as much.

• Like 2

Trucks and tents are in, so is hunting, fishing, cooking and horticulture. It's worth of couple hours, watching the map changes and test new things but not IMO worth of really playing the game yet other than few days maybe.

Many changes, new places and items since the beginning but the game is still an alpha. Though some (pretty many) people can play this game for thousands of hours even in its current state so hard to say if you enjoy it as much.

just what i was lookin for, thanks dude ! i think the tents and trucks will be enough to draw me back for a while. ive been playing h1z1 here and there but its almost too dumbed-down for me....i miss dayz

Do not buy this game, This game had so much potential but the devs recently put in a cross hair among other retarded stuff, they are making the game for console (selling out) They don't care, this game will never be fixed, the choosing the easy way out... dont be supprised if they find a way to make us pay for more stuff like cosmetics or some shit. THEY PUT IN A CROSS HAIR! how retarded do you have to be to put in a cross hair for a hardcore survival game with a million problems, no one was complaining about not having a cross hair! i give up... ive lost hope in this game and its devs, they want more children and kids to play and buy the game. end of story.  

• Like 1

Do not buy this game, This game had so much potential but the devs recently put in a cross hair among other retarded stuff, they are making the game for console (selling out) They don't care, this game will never be fixed, the choosing the easy way out... dont be supprised if they find a way to make us pay for more stuff like cosmetics or some shit. THEY PUT IN A CROSS HAIR! how retarded do you have to be to put in a cross hair for a hardcore survival game with a million problems, no one was complaining about not having a cross hair! i give up... ive lost hope in this game and its devs, they want more children and kids to play and buy the game. end of story.  

So earlier you were asking for a system that adds artificial mental health mechanics which make no sense, but a crosshair is bad for a hardcore survival game? 

No. I'm huge fan of dayz idea itself, but no. Start up the game once a year. No changes. For over 3 years. Lags. Bugs. Poor animation. NOTHING CHANGES in last year. Well. I found a land mine in the barn. Hm. Realistic. What a great beginning it was... I'm so sad.

• Like 1

Well... We still have a hope. May be in 10 years from now... When I'll be 43, having couple kids, they can play in this POTENTIALY great game... Not in my gaming lifetime.

• Like 3

So we had this bright and very distracting dot in the center of the screen and the devs tried a much less distracting transparent circle, instead. After that, based of feedback from the community, they tried transparent brackets "(   )." It seems to me that the alpha stage is precisely when the devs should be experimenting to see if they can improve the user interface, and as it is in alpha, they can readily get feedback on what works and what doesn't. I don't see how this sort of experimentation leads to the end of civilization, as we know it.

Personally, I'm glad to see that the devs trying to make improvements to the UI, rather than slapping any old crap into the game and calling it a day.

I love the game but to anyone buying it, please be aware of the below-standard frames per second and lags when you get close to cities.

The game is awesome, but performance is still low. I am looking forward to see it improve in the coming months.

So we had this bright and very distracting dot in the center of the screen and the devs tried a much less distracting transparent circle, instead. After that, based of feedback from the community, they tried transparent brackets "(   )." It seems to me that the alpha stage is precisely when the devs should be experimenting to see if they can improve the user interface, and as it is in alpha, they can readily get feedback on what works and what doesn't. I don't see how this sort of experimentation leads to the end of civilization, as we know it.

Personally, I'm glad to see that the devs trying to make improvements to the UI, rather than slapping any old crap into the game and calling it a day.

Nonsence, basically crosshair is a major change since they added V3S.

"Calm down, wait, it's just an alpha release" and other excuses are silly.

They are trying to do something with old crappy engine not since 16Dec 2013. Long before "Pre-Alpha" release. 

I bet devs will continue add nonsence stuff like "improved UI" or "creating clay buildings", while creating normal version but more arcade like for PS4.

Take a look at theit 2015 roadmap today we are in the mid Q2, where is the new renderer? Normal loot distribution? Advanced animals? and other stuff...

Devs broke almost everything most players enjoyed in DayZ MOD. 

• Like 1

is it worth buying this game in it's current state?  FUCK yes.  I dare anyone to say they haven't had $30 worth of entertainment (that's one movie ticket with popcorn).

do I hate this game 10 times a week?  fuck yes.  am I sorry I spent the money?  fuck no.

I love a game forum where I can use the exact words I mean to say.

I'm still waiting for a sale price to bite on the SA.  I wouldn't buy it in its current state at $29.99 and now certainly won't at the raised price of $34.99.  Going to have to stick with Dayzero mod for now even with the servers being slightly dead lately.

I'm still waiting for a sale price to bite on the SA.  I wouldn't buy it in its current state at $29.99 and now certainly won't at the raised price of $34.99.  Going to have to stick with Dayzero mod for now even with the servers being slightly dead lately.

A sale would mean what, 50% off at most for DayZ? While you are waiting for that day, you could be having $17.50 worth of fun, and then some.