Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Well its only in alpha its got allot of more issues they haven't even made to be fixed. My only concern is its not going to fun either because people modify the game with custom files or there are going to be too many walkers to even be playable unless your a season veteran

Obligatory itsalpha response.

No but serious... the freaking rain... oh god the freaking rain, my clothes are still soggy from the last 3 hour downpour when another starts, whatever happened to a light mist that maybe would just make you damp? Some fog or something would be neat. But the rain... oh god the rain, stops just long enough for you to wring out your clothes then another monsoon happens. IRL I love rain, I find rain to be very soothing and relaxing, but IRL it isn't. constantly. freaking. raining. It's like the devs turned rain on super intense 24/7 to test it out then just forgot to turn it off again.

Not saying get rid of weather or anything, actually some snow would be cool too, but once in a while... just once in a while I would like to see the sun too. Has the sun even been implemented yet? I don't remember ever seeing it, all I remember... is the !@#$ing rain. all. the. time. I'll even settle for a plain old, monotone, overcast sky, actually that would be kind of cool too sometimes regardless, reminiscent of the enivronment in The Road movie and book.

Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky, but it seems to be raining many times a day, or most all of the day on every server. Or there is a comedic rain cloud following just over my characters head everywhere he goes.

Edited by Chzy

No, it's not. I'd rather not have more people buying the game to PLAY it like it's full release. Go spend your money on something else. 

Totally worth it. I get frustrated some times but the rare moments when you find great gear or have a close run in with a hostile player are awesome. It's buggy but very immersive. Don't expect a polished gen at this point but in a year you'll be glad you got in early and look back on the Beta with fond, sad, funny memories. Besides, show me a better zombie game.

A lone medic.

Edited by MedinONcall

Joy of owning a game like dayz is that it isnt a sub based mmo if you find your not enjoying the game YET take a break go play some other games and just simply come back and check out the patches etc etc. till one catches you.

Let me be blunt I want to like DayZ standalone I really do but at the current state of the game it blows. I bought many games over the years that I didn't like but this game I finally threw my hands in air and gave up on. This game is by far one the most poorly designed games. Here just a list of problems I have had. The loot in this game is the biggest issue you. There times when I have no problem find loot and other times where there is absolutely nothing. What's worse is you can't sneak around zombies and finding weapons at times is damn near impossible. Then don't get me started on the Please wait loading screen. 

Let me just say this if your think about buying this game don't. Get DayZ Mod because DayZ Standalone is not worth buying.

To the devlopers you guys should be patching this game almost daily if not once a week. Your taking money from costumers and giving them a piss poor game in return. I realize this is work in progress but you actually have to show you are making some sort of progress. Thus far I have seen no progress in the month that I been playing. 

Actually, the design of the game is one of the best i have ever witnessed.

Its the implementation that blows (so far). But i have faith that its going to improve.

Maybe its just the "I want it now" mentality of youth these days, or maybe its because things are more transparent now. 10 years ago very few if any developers let you participate the way we get to now. I like it. But I'm also not a child ranting because things aren't going my way. Be happy you actually get to be a part of this. 

Don't hate.

Participate.

I have bought so many copies of this game to hand out with friends as well as an account to make sure I can always log in with them since they aren't daily players. The game as it stands right now is broke. There is literally so many cheaters as of right now it is making infestation's anti-cheat look like the federal reserve. I took almost a month off ( quit after you couldn't create splint) to come back last night to literally 10 \ 10 server's having someone speed hack no clip and attempt to kill me.(  Private and official ) I have it all recorded and time stamped if you feel I am bsing up the numbers. 

To be perfectly honest as soon as you had that acolyte dude come onto the forum like a politician deleting posts and bullying people with a full reversal on your company transparency awhile back I knew that the game was in for some problems. It is literally the standard practice with companies as if you hired someone for damage control out of a phone book.

I love the game will still support the game but won't play anymore until advanced BE comes out. 

I have bought so many copies of this game to hand out with friends as well as an account to make sure I can always log in with them since they aren't daily players. The game as it stands right now is broke. There is literally so many cheaters as of right now it is making infestation's anti-cheat look like the federal reserve. I took almost a month off ( quit after you couldn't create splint) to come back last night to literally 10 \ 10 server's having someone speed hack no clip and attempt to kill me.(  Private and official ) I have it all recorded and time stamped if you feel I am bsing up the numbers. 

To be perfectly honest as soon as you had that acolyte dude come onto the forum like a politician deleting posts and bullying people with a full reversal on your company transparency awhile back I knew that the game was in for some problems. It is literally the standard practice with companies as if you hired someone for damage control out of a phone book.

I love the game will still support the game but won't play anymore until advanced BE comes out. 

To be fair, the forum cleanup was a necessity, since everyone and their brother would come in here and spam the boards with topics about (perceived) hacking. There is a proper channel to file these reports. The forum is not it.

As long as you are willing to deal with rampant KOS, disappearing dropped guns, insta-deaths by hackers, and stairs/upper floor insta-death bugs.  There are a lot of playability issues still, but I feel satisfied enough with the purchase.  My main goal in buying the alpha at the beginning of January was to learn the map and controls early, so I won't have the full learning curve to overcome when the full launch is ready.  Even with the current issues, I still find DayZ to be more enjoyable than H1Z1.  Just make sure you understand the disclaimer.

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

Yes! Bugs are almost nonexistent, and the gameplay is awesome! Its a bit GPU intensive so see if you can run it before you buy.

Maybe its just the "I want it now" mentality of youth these days, or maybe its because things are more transparent now. 10 years ago very few if any developers let you participate the way we get to now. I like it. But I'm also not a child ranting because things aren't going my way. Be happy you actually get to be a part of this. 

Don't hate.

Participate.

You want to think that. It's easy for you to label everyone criticizing here as selfish ignorant teenagers.

But the truth is, that when you come from a mod to standalone, and the quality of gameplay hasn't really improved, you have a real proper reason to criticize. My empirical experiences are that the gameplay is buggier and stiffer than in the mod. In addition to that, the zombies are more frustrating, there is no HUD. Hacking was a problem in the mod and it is a problem in the standalone. I have no experience of making computer games, so I don't know about the difficulties of it. Still I'd expect some improvements.

You want to think that. It's easy for you to label everyone criticizing here as selfish ignorant teenagers.

But the truth is, that when you come from a mod to standalone, and the quality of gameplay hasn't really improved, you have a real proper reason to criticize. My empirical experiences are that the gameplay is buggier and stiffer than in the mod. In addition to that, the zombies are more frustrating, there is no HUD. Hacking was a problem in the mod and it is a problem in the standalone. I have no experience of making computer games, so I don't know about the difficulties of it. Still I'd expect some improvements.

Your main flaw is thinking that the SA development is just taking everything from the mod and making it better. This is a game built practically from scratch, and just because it shares a name, a map and some other similarities with the mod, don't make the two all that comparable. That's like saying that there should be nowhere near 5 years between GTA 4 and 5 because really, they're just the same thing, one one is an improved version of the other.

Your main flaw is thinking that the SA development is just taking everything from the mod and making it better. This is a game built practically from scratch, and just because it shares a name, a map and some other similarities with the mod, don't make the two all that comparable. That's like saying that there should be nowhere near 5 years between GTA 4 and 5 because really, they're just the same thing, one one is an improved version of the other.

Come on,now that's incorrect and you know it.

SA was made with the idea that it will overcome the limitations of the mod.

As of now,they share the same almost identical bugs,performance and although there have been plenty of implementations,SA barely added to the scope of gameplay.

In essence game feels more of a deathmatch with hunger and thirst mechanics rather than a survival title.

One year in development,should reflect changes and results.

While none can argue that the game's an Alpha but a year in later,none can deny the fact that the game is still lacking basic survival oriented gameplay.

• Like 1

Come on,now that's incorrect and you know it.

SA was made with the idea that it will overcome the limitations of the mod.

As of now,they share the same almost identical bugs,performance and although there have been plenty of implementations,SA barely added to the scope of gameplay.

In essence game feels more of a deathmatch with hunger and thirst mechanics rather than a survival title.

One year in development,should reflect changes and results.

While none can argue that the game's an Alpha but a year in later,none can deny the fact that the game is still lacking basic survival oriented gameplay.

That gameplay is being added gradually with each updates. I've been playing for some 7 months, and in that time they've added basic iterations of barricading, climate effects, horticulture, trapping and vehicles, on top of an ever growing list of craftable items and improvements across the board, and despite what these nay-sayers would have you think, buggy things are steadily being improved. It's been four or five updates since I've seen a zombie glitch through almost every door.It still happens, but if you're paying attention, you know where and how to avoid it. Same with the rampant killings. If people spent less time complaining about getting shot all the time, and more time on actively avoiding getting shot, there'd be a lot less corpses, and most of them would be idiots killing each other. If people claim the game is nigh unplayable because of the existing problems, then really, they're not trying very hard, and they'll die even quicker when the game is polished, and Chernarus is really trying its hardest to kill you at every turn. Survival is the skill to adapt and overcome hostile environments, whether they are hostile by design or because of certain flaws really doesn't matter. If can survive despite bugs and trigger-happy people, everyone can. Consider it practice for the real deal.

Lesson number 1 on argumenting. Do not put words into other peoples mouths. You're not really reading and comprehending my posts at all.

I expected them to start from scratch but this standalone is just repeating the mod. It is every bit comparable to the mod. Having playing the mod for roughly a couple of years, the idea of playing the same shitto in standalone format doesn't seem appealing.

Lesson number 1 on argumenting. Do not put words into other peoples mouths. You're not really reading and comprehending my posts at all.

I expected them to start from scratch but this standalone is just repeating the mod. It is every bit comparable to the mod. Having playing the mod for roughly a couple of years, the idea of playing the same shitto in standalone format doesn't seem appealing.

Then kindly tell us exactly how the SA is just repeating the mod. With some attention to detail, please.

Then kindly tell us exactly how the SA is just repeating the mod. With some attention to detail, please.

The basic premise of the game is still the same. FPS survival in a post apocalyptic world infested with zombies. The map which they use is the same. The mechanics are still basically the same (inventory, weapons, buildings, loot). It's good that they kept this basic idea, it wouldn't be DayZ after all if they hadn't. But when it's ridden with the same bugs, glitches and hacking that the mod, then I have admit it's quite dissapointing.

I was hoping they'd add something actually new to the game but there really isn't anything. Like for example the ability to grab the ledge and climbing over a wall that's too tall to just hop over. Over how about if a building has a low roof, why can't you grab the ledge and pull yourself up?

Another example I would like to bring up is the melee combat. It hasn't changed either really. Hitting someone with a baseball bat still seems like the pistol model was changed to a bat and the range changed to 1m. It's fucking laughable when you keep smashing a zombie again and again only to get hit unconsciouss in one hit.

The basic premise of the game is still the same. FPS survival in a post apocalyptic world infested with zombies. The map which they use is the same. The mechanics are still basically the same (inventory, weapons, buildings, loot). It's good that they kept this basic idea, it wouldn't be DayZ after all if they hadn't. But when it's ridden with the same bugs, glitches and hacking that the mod, then I have admit it's quite dissapointing.

I was hoping they'd add something actually new to the game but there really isn't anything. Like for example the ability to grab the ledge and climbing over a wall that's too tall to just hop over. Over how about if a building has a low roof, why can't you grab the ledge and pull yourself up?

Another example I would like to bring up is the melee combat. It hasn't changed either really. Hitting someone with a baseball bat still seems like the pistol model was changed to a bat and the range changed to 1m. It's fucking laughable when you keep smashing a zombie again and again only to get hit unconsciouss in one hit.

Well, try taking a heavy hit from a bat to the temple or top of your skull, and tell us how you feel when you wake up... And comparing zombies to humans isn't really flying. Those aren't bumbly walking corpses, they're live human beings in infinite ultra-berserk mode. Also, who the hell uses a bat anyway. Get an axe or a sledgehammer. Or a hatchet, those are super fun.

So your similarities are the premise, the map and some basics. That's basically what I said, but here goes anyway. The inventory is way sleeker than that mess they had in the Mod. Not perfect, but they'r working on it. Weapons, buildings, loot, I'm not sure what you mean here. Should weapons be working differently? Also, almost every building is now enterable, which is a far cry from the Mod. 

As for grabbing ledges and climbing, that's easier said than done. The amount of work that goes into animations is not to be underestimated. 

Nice, to my mind I haven't broke any of the existing forum rules, but admin deleted my opinion.

if you are willing to wait for your children to be able to play alpha too then get it now, minidayz probably has more/better updates then the normal dayz. Its sad with over 6 million dollars in sales. they took the money and ran leaving only the a little crew to slowly clean dayz is what i think because this is just fukn nonsense! so upset/dissapointment. youre gonna have those fans saying "awww its in alpha give it time blablahblah" but thats enough bullshit! this is most likely gonna get deleted because they cant face the truth/facts about how they are most likely not doing Sh** and well admins delete negative posts which is sad aswell!

thanks

dayz standalone not going anywhere! RIPepperoni

Edited by mcnuby
  • Like 1

if you are willing to wait for your children to be able to play alpha too then get it now, minidayz probably has more/better updates then the normal dayz. Its sad with over 6 million dollars in sales. they took the money and ran leaving only the a little crew to slowly clean dayz is what i think because this is just fukn nonsense! so upset/dissapointment. youre gonna have those fans saying "awww its in alpha give it time blablahblah" but thats enough bullshit! this is most likely gonna get deleted because they cant face the truth/facts about how they are most likely not doing Sh** and well admins delete negative posts which is sad aswell!

thanks

Quality first post guy.

• Like 1

Don't hate.

Participate.

Lol the funny thing is that its been over 2 years if you havent realised! for my eyes all i see is the real dayz bandits, taking the money crashing the ship and leaving just the little crew to scrape the deck. trust me im not the only one out of 6 million copies sold that think this is ridiculious.

Drop everything and get to work this is not funny and it has exceeded mine and im sure many of other ppls patience!

• Like 1

thanks

The updates nowadays add stuff worthwhile. Relax guy.

also wot?

• Like 1