Sign in to follow this  
Gundup

Custom Paint Editor

Hello,

while looking at the masks you've include in the game I thought it would be cool if eventually you could custom paint them with a paint editor like in forza. This could be applied to guns and cars as well. If you were going to include merchants later then it could be accessed through them. Your character would need to be invulnerable while in the editor but you would need to find paint cans for colors to keep with the sim feeling.

Any comments or add-on's to the idea are welcome.

p.s. I'm already loving the standalone and am excited to see how far it will go.

Edited by Gundup

Merchants?...

They won't ever, EVER add these in. Merchants in DayZ would take realism and snap it in half.

Why should your character be invulnerable because he's painting a mask?

to keep with the sim feeling.

What? You talk about merchants and invulnerability and then about "the sim feeling"...

ok, so maybe as long as you have the item and paint you can access the mask/gun editor from the pregame menu? I just think it would look cool to see what crazy masks people would come up with  :D but thanks for the constructive criticism.....

Or you could do it in-game so it doesn't take the danger out of the game.

I actually like the idea of painting masks. I would run around with a green mask screaming "I am the mask! Fear me".