Sign in to follow this  
Euryalus

Drink disinfectant....why?

I realize this issue is entirely my fault, but I somehow managed to drink disinfectant when trying to sterilize some rags...now I'm vomiting everywhere and am currently unconscious (which is understandable)

My question is why is this in the game?  Any adult knows better than to take a swig of chemical cocktail...lol.

I hope my character doesn't die from this...finally got him all stocked up :( 

• Like 1

I think the real question is 'why did you drink disinfectant?'.

• Like 6

I committed suicide this way for the love of science.  It is there for a few reasons, A you could do it IRL, B people without common sense would do so.  

• Like 3

I realize this issue is entirely my fault, but I somehow managed to drink disinfectant when trying to sterilize some rags...now I'm vomiting everywhere and am currently unconscious (which is understandable)

My question is why is this in the game?  Any adult knows better than to take a swig of chemical cocktail...lol.

I hope my character doesn't die from this...finally got him all stocked up :(

well now that i think of it are you implying that ur a small child and you didnt know better :) 

Haha, I don't wanna die!  I'm gonna see if a friend who logged near where I passed out can salvage this.  And I accidentally drank it by putting it in my hands and brushing my F key.  I wanted to see if I could spray my wounds or if I could only use it on bandages :C

Any adult knows better than to take a swig of chemical cocktail...lol.

Then why are you posting this thread?

• Like 2

Any adult knows better than to take a swig of chemical cocktail...lol.

Well at least you won the Darwin Award. We are sending it to you wrapped in bubble wrap and we are sending someone to open it for you. Just in case you swallow the bubble wrap.

I don't see how accidentally tapping a key is Darwin Award material, but okay.

The point I guess I'm making is, why put something in the game that literally nobody over the age of 6 would ever do?

My first time playing the standalone I was dehydrated and I came upon a toilet with some disinfectant sitting on it.  I walked up to the toilet and I had a the options "drink" and "pick up disinfectant."  I don't think it was unreasonable of me to think that by choosing "drink" my character would try to drink out of the toilet and not the bleach, but I was in for a surprise.

• Like 7

The point I guess I'm making is, why put something in the game that literally nobody over the age of 6 would ever do?

So are you 4 or 5? I don't think this game is very appropriate for someone your age.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

I don't see how accidentally tapping a key is Darwin Award material, but okay.

Because they CAN! MuahHAHAHAHA! I like that they added simple little touches like this.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the results. I was about to drink it once to see what would happen (my guy was really thirsty, but I had a lot of gear I didnt want to risk). 

• Like 1

Its part of the awesomeness of the game. You can drink it if you want, others can drink it too.

This thread made me LOL

Maybe in future you can pour it into a can and place the can back in a loot pile. Then watch trough scope as guy comes out of the market throwing up everywhere....might also make it esier to handcuff/detain people :)

My first time playing the standalone I was dehydrated and I came upon a toilet with some disinfectant sitting on it.  I walked up to the toilet and I had a the options "drink" and "pick up disinfectant."  I don't think it was unreasonable of me to think that by choosing "drink" my character would try to drink out of the toilet and not the bleach, but I was in for a surprise.

What in the world possessed you to drink out of a toilet?