knawx

The community cried out. Ungrateful.

The community has been begging for this game to be released. Stating that they didn't care what shape it was in, how broken or messed up it was, they just wanted something, anything to do with the SA.

Here we are just two days after release and just about the only things I'm seeing are ungrateful people with entitlement problems.

It's almost as if people were force fed software that they had no choice but to buy. Software that has been repeatedly labeled as "early", "unfinished", "alpha", "buggy", etc, and now they are upset that it is in fact all of these things.

After all of this, less than 48 hours later we recieve a sizable patch that addresses areas of concern, yet the voice of the community is still filled with anger, rage, and frustration.

I'm not going to tell you how to act or that your opinion doesn't matter, but I for one am humbled that I finally am playing DayZ Standalone. A game I've waited a very long time to play. The experience actually has exceeded my expectations based on developer feedback prior to launch. I'm excited for the future of the product because I know how dedicated they are to it.

I think it's great when people report problems and issues. Explaining it in a detailed, helpful manner. There are plenty of things that need to be adjusted, and it's great to see the first patch out already.

I know that the developers have been working very hard on this product. I hope they are proud of what they have built so far. I hope their hard work pays off on both a personal and financial level because I really think they have earned it.

• Like 19

Only giant page long rage posts Im seeing is fanboys telling people not to post bugs or give feedback... during an alpha test

• Like 4

Only giant page long rage posts Im seeing is fanboys telling people not to post bugs or give feedback... during an alpha test

Yes, this certainly isn't helpful either. We all know there are lots of bugs and issues. They should be reported, so they can be brought to the attention of the developers and get fixed.

What shouldn't happen, are people raging about these problems. That doesn't do any good, and just causes a cluster of people trying to yell louder than each other.

Just the same, people acting like it's perfect and that every bug report is just another "crying 12/yo" is also far from helpful.

Edited by Knawx
  • Like 1

Yeah too many people who didn't understand what they were getting into. Really pathetic considering this is posted on the steam page: 

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

There's a distinct difference between bug reporting and ranting. :)

• Like 3

Thank you! Finally a post worth reading instead of page after page with rants

• Like 1

How do you know that those people who pushed for release are the people now complaining?  'People' is a pretty vague term.  I wanted the game released in any state, though I wasn't actively saying such on the internet because I wanted Dean to be able to execute his ultimate vision.  That said, he needed to release SOMETHING.  The awareness and general shared energy regarding DayZ was dying down; too much of the community would've moved on.  I love alpher in the state that its in, especially knowing how great it will become.
But as I said, you can't simply pin this on 'the community'.  Much too vague.

I think most of the people who are happy are probably not feeling the need to post. Things were very similar with Prison Architect when it first came out. I picked it up very early, and it was quite expensive considering what was in it. It crashed often. When I first played it I was SO excited because I could see the massive potential. After 4 hours, I started to get a bit bored with where it was at - but I was excited to see what they would do. I put it down for a month and came back when the next patch released.

Each month, Prison Architect got better and better. It's now one of the favorite games of mine in my steam library - and still has new content and features added each month. There were many complaints when it first came out, but they tended to die away as things got improved and features got added.

The absolutely critical thing is that people see us improving the game regularly, once we get into the rhythm of things with new content and features - people will relax a bit. Folks just want to see progress and the task is now on that to provide it.

• Like 12

I think most of the people who are happy are probably not feeling the need to post. Things were very similar with Prison Architect when it first came out. I picked it up very early, and it was quite expensive considering what was in it. It crashed often. When I first played it I was SO excited because I could see the massive potential. After 4 hours, I started to get a bit bored with where it was at - but I was excited to see what they would do. I put it down for a month and came back when the next patch released.

Each month, Prison Architect got better and better. It's now one of the favorite games of mine in my steam library - and still has new content and features added each month. There were many complaints when it first came out, but they tended to die away as things got improved and features got added.

The absolutely critical thing is that people see us improving the game regularly, once we get into the rhythm of things with new content and features - people will relax a bit. Folks just want to see progress and the task is now on that to provide it.

I'm just incredibly happy that you released an update less than 2 days after the game was released. 

I don't feel the need to post really on these forums as I submit my bugs on the tracker and move on. It is of little interest to post on these with morons complaining about stuff which will undoubtedly be fixed. Keep on the good work Dean. 

Edited by effect701
  • Like 1

Happy gamers don't make much noise.

Most are too lazy to raise "good' bug reports.

Don't let the whingers grind you down!

The whole early access tend these days is nothign more than a cash grab. Players who buy into it use rationalizations like "I'm helping the development" and "Its cheaper now" but everyone knows deep down these people just want their next game fix and could care less about helping development. It doesn't matter that its early release they just want it now now now. Instant gratification needed.

I have to wonder how many moaning about it are new to the game? Not used to the warnings before release as many here would have been. Not used to the development process.

Warnings on steam, when you load, plenty of warnings before.

The whole early access tend these days is nothign more than a cash grab. Players who buy into it use rationalizations like "I'm helping the development" and "Its cheaper now" but everyone knows deep down these people just want their next game fix and could care less about helping development. It doesn't matter that its early release they just want it now now now. Instant gratification needed.

I completely agree. BUT! I rather pay now and get it cheaper. Help fund the development that in the end will be a better product (i hope). Its more or less what devteam you choose to place your money with. Grab or funding needed.

I have strong faith and belief in this one. 

You're making the mistake of treating "the community" as a single entity with a single opinion.  It's not.  It's made up of tons of people.  The people that were asking for DayZ to be released and claiming that they don't care what state it's in, most likely aren't the same people complaining about how buggy it is now.  Other than that, I agree with your post.

Most of the people crying (i mean really crying not just reporting bugs which is needed) are just kids most likely which shout "Mama i want this robot now!" and when he gets it "His legs dont move ZOMG"

Off-topic: Love the fact that developers take their time to write in the forums even though it might end up with a mass of PM's, you don't see that everywhere!

Are you sure that the people crying is the same people that were eager to see the game released early? Do not sell people short that fast. :)

If the same people cry for early release and then starts getting mad about troubleshooting and bugs, then they obviously lack a standard social perk called "beeing reflected".

I must say that im more satisfied with this standalone version in early access than i am with the mod, i do write down possible bugs i encounter that seems a little gamebreaking.

Hint: There's constructive criticism and just ranting where emotional (at least at that time) people vent steam.

In the end, the endless rage posts are just a waste of time for those who write them and those who read and reply to them. Again, not referring to also negative criticism but pure ranting. Not sure what some of the ranters expected when buying (totally optional, no one forces anyone to buy it this early) this.

Also: Whiners don't quit and quitters don't whine. Hence the latter. Besides, anyone who got it now has the game. It can only get better. Try again later if you don't like it right now.

• Like 1

The only thing I'm salty about is the lack of content, it kinda seemed a little (over exaggerated) from dev blogs and stuff like that, as for weapons, and equipment sucha little amount even in its first moon landing was sad and a bit disappointing.. I'm not going to just say (Its the bestest of the best!! yah!). Plus some basic bugs and errors that seemed like they should've been fixed before the launch was quite unusual as-well some of these errors are pretty basic. Other than that, its good. Besides the fact you can't store anything. 

On another Foot SA is amazing.

Edited by BRKermit

Got to be honest, my group was expecting a total clusterf**k when the game launched. So far my only complaints are with the UI system, derpy inventory and lack of fire select on the M4. - most of which have been acknowledged as needing work.

Oh, and the spade. Thats a fate worse than death, which thankfully usually follows pretty quickly.

At the end of the day, whiners are going to find a reason to whine regardless of the games condition. These are often people who's lives are so miserable they actively search out negative aspects of everything, as some form of self assurance that its not just their own lives that suck. The problem is the people that are happy and accept the game as it is very often dont post on the forums, either because they dont want to make a fuss or feel that the negative nancies will just flame them for being fanbois and ass-kissers. 

uh, i mean, screw you rocket etc etc. blah blah  ;)