piffaroni

DayZ Hacks already happening

Haha, I was joking man. With everything going on can't blame you for not picking up sarcasm over the internet ;)

I think you are just joking to "save face" over the internet...

:O

• Like 1

I think you are just joking to "save face" over the internet...

:o

I don't have a face though :o

Just took a quick look at one of those sites and that little steam store change seems to have caused a bit of panic. Good.

So these hacks that are/were happening, were/are they even common?  I have yet to have any problems with hackers.  Although there was one guy that I saw get shot countless times who just kept running but it appeared to be desync more than anything.

There already is a new method that aint public yet =p

Why don't you do us a favor and tell Rocket what it is?

ofcourse you won't, you're registered to that forum and you have 700 posts on there. GL

Edited by Hosty

So these hacks that are/were happening, were/are they even common?  I have yet to have any problems with hackers.  Although there was one guy that I saw get shot countless times who just kept running but it appeared to be desync more than anything.

VAC is enabled thats what Rocket said. I dont even think it is true.

But VAC aint gonna change anything imo. VAC isnt that hard to work your way around/bypass it.

VAC is enabled thats what Rocket said. I dont even think it is true.

Because you know Jackshit.

It actually is enabled by Steamworks.

Script kiddie.  

Awe little script kiddies, with the bot armies. They're fun! Can I join in?

Join the script kiddies?

Sure, BattlEye ban torture room is this way sir!

Hacker definition according to the dictionary

hack·er   [hak-er]  Show IPA
noun
a person or thing that hacks.
Slang. a person who engages in an activity without talent or skill: weekend hackers on the golf course.
Computer Slang.
a.
a computer enthusiast.
b.
a microcomputer user who attempts to gain unauthorized access to proprietary computersystems.

Script kiddie definition

1. A 12 year old who got access to his/her mommy's credit card.
Edited by Skat3rat

snip

I wouldn't call script kiddies them who are smart enough to find ways around the engine and sell their hacks.

But those that just pay to hack, those yes, are script kiddies.

Edited by Hosty

The VAC2 module is not in the linked list and I waited ~20 minutes for VAC3 to load and it was never mapped into Steam. So either Rocket is incompetent, he is lying, he is misinformed, or VAC is on a more than 20 minute load delay.

Good Job.

Edited by Slaiden303

long as I don't start doing the macarena while dancing to that damn Gangnam Style song again... I am happy

how on earth do you come to that conclusion? of hacks in games were that easy to prevent do you think they would exist at all? why don't you just go and 'block all hacks' if it's so damn easy?

It's easy, you just push the "Block all hacks" button, it's right next to the "fix world problem" button. Duh.

Edited by -seraphine-

Why don't you do us a favor and tell Rocket what it is?

if rocket would put out bounties like unique-characterbound clothing ("hackers hat", whatever) or some other gifts and provide a testing environment, i guess that would be more likely.

but for now id rather like him to work on vehicles&tents, you cant expect a bounty system like similar services are providing 3days after alpahrelease.

• Like 1

My question is. Why are you till using sqf. Rocket dude. We all know that scripters can fully kill SA. Like u saw, I was talking with Lystic on Teamspeak. When we were done playing he started searching for String and found the string that is getting executed when the Video Interface getting opened. It took him only 15 mins max. Lystic got the first hack within 2 hours after release. I serious dont understand why u still use the same methods like Arma. VAC is harder with WPM means all u had to do is stop using sqf its not like Battleye that u can easily WPM or buy a key. We'll find another way to get accounts when we're banned anyways. Its just going to be harder.

OH btw Msg from Lystic

xux0WVi.png

My question is. Why are you till using sqf. Rocket dude. We all know that scripters can fully kill SA.

Because there is nothing wrong with scripts if the engine is properly locked down?

VAC is harder with WPM means all u had to do is stop using sqf its not like Battleye that u can easily WPM or buy a key. We'll find another way to get accounts when we're banned anyways. Its just going to be harder.

Here we go, another funny myth (I won't even comment on the part about cd-keys, see my previous post). Like BE VAC can only ban for hacks it knows about, so there is no difference when it comes to the detection of "WPM" hacks (in case you are confused, no, you can't just detect all such hacks by default). Edited by BEdev-Sable

Because there is nothing wrong with scripts if the engine is properly locked down?

Here we go, another funny myth (I won't even comment on the part about cd-keys, see my previous post). Like BE VAC can only ban for hacks it knows about, so there is no difference when it comes to the detection of "WPM" hacks (in case you are confused, no, you can't just detect all such hacks by default).

VAC is checking the more important Pointers all the time and checks if it is getting changed by another program. Am I right? I dont 100% understand VAC yet. All I know is that they are more aggresive on WPM. RPM is no problem. Means u can easily hook a Undetected Directx hook get enemy  X Y Z and draw a box at that position. There is your ESP =D

Anyway I believe you. Im not 100% up to date with VAC.

Anywayz Could you help me? How do I run Dayz SA on Directx 9?

Thanks in Advance =D

VAC is checking the more important Pointers all the time and checks if it is getting changed by another program. Am I right?

Not really, there is no easy way to do this as the game could be and is changing its own data (that hacks manipulate) at any time.

there is a very big problem if you use a 10year old, unreliable interpreter for some basic client->server messages.

like sending decently designed opcodes and parse them efficiently on the server would be too much work - lets rather send whole strings and let them get executed (after some filtering, ok... whose reliability is yet to be proven) by the famous server software that allows users to fly in invisible helicopters they demanded to be spawned themselves.

rocket clearly gave the impression to be working on that issue...

Oh ya bout the scripting part.

It is a problem. Look Idc its only going to be easier to make hacks.

This is prob the most hated script there is. It is the most used script by me too. If u want to get SA nuked down thats no problem. Just trying to tell you that sqf files were a big problem. No CE needed for hacks. Just some text and a Script Executor. + Arma 2 OA still has alot of those string "Executors" that are 100% working.

I didnt make this script.

<edit by rocket: don't post hack scripts, especially ones that reference non-existing things>

Edited by rocket
you went full yolo

there is a very big problem if you use a 10year old, unreliable interpreter for some basic client->server messages.

From what I know that's not how it works anymore. Obviously the new architecture will continue to be improved and all remaining holes be closed over time (alpha, you know ;)).

And no, it's not unreliable. The game's own scripting language has been proven to work for a long time. Time to ditch C++ because that one is over 30 years old? :P

lets rather send whole strings and let them get executed (after some filtering, ok... whose reliability is yet to be proven) by the famous server software that allows users to fly in invisible helicopters they demanded to be spawned themselves.

Uh, that's not how it works anymore.

rocket clearly gave the impression to be working on that issue...

Go check some hack forums, it works quite well right now.