piffaroni

DayZ Hacks already happening

seriously, what do you know about BE?

Hi, are you the same person who got globally banned for using one of those "undetected" private hacks just recently? I see your name in the logs...

it didnt even notice when we attached IDA's debugger to it. BE is useless.

You never heard of silent detection, right?

the straightforward-approach with simple ReadProcessMemory to get all positions of all objects was not fixxed so far, and opensource maphacks are still existing and working - that is NOT what i call "working anticheat measure".

Because that's obviously what an anti-cheat can fix. To go back to what you initially said, yes, you indeed know a lot about BE! Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 4

Well, post second patch, I had a rabbit circling me and making growling zombie noises, it was so damn bizarre, not sure if it was a hacker or just a sound bug (I know it was the rabbit because as it moved to the right or left of me, the zombie noises followed it, either that or it was just a massive coincidence) - who knows!.

Well, post second patch, I had a rabbit circling me and making growling zombie noises, it was so damn bizarre, not sure if it was a hacker or just a sound bug (I know it was the rabbit because as it moved to the right or left of me, the zombie noises followed it, either that or it was just a massive coincidence) - who knows!.

Thats just rabbits at the moment, they're rendered client side and yes they are semi-aggressive and make zombie sounds.

I haven't found a good explanation for why that is. But its definitely a known factor.

Don't lie Orlok, it is clearly a massive conspiracy to cover up the fact it is rocket hacking!!!!!11111111111

Rocket already admited to hacking in this very thread! He's noob hacker and couldn't get it to work though

• Like 1

Some guy came out of nowhere (yes everyone could do this) and OHK me with a pipe wrench. Is that possible? If i use that thing vs zombies it takes ages to kill it.

(had 100% health/blood)

Edited by kiwi12

which it obivously did NOT do, since there are still enough opensource and fully operational and accessible for anyone who can use google :rolleyes:  can we quit the useless discussion about battleye? its neither productive nor @topic. a 15year old with google, a c/c++ compiler, a quick briefing about arma2's memory structure and some more-or-less-deep knowledge of the win32 api can build a working maphack within a few hours.

fun fact: change the getversion method of battleye and it will not patch anymore, but still pretend to be up-to-date to arma2s servers :huh:

And maybe this is because of the Arma engine, not because of BE? I won't respond to this anymore though, since I really don't know how to cheats you mentioned work, but BE is still far from useless.

fun fact: you CAN'T bypass the BE update system

This is the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard Andrey. VAC/PB and BE all together are nothing more than after the fact solutions, generally far after the fact. I'm not lauding any of them as better than the others, BattlEye's biggest failure isn't the fact that its BattlEye its the fact that the VBS engine base was designed to allow this kind of crap in the first place for legitimate means and they had a Sisyphean task even trying to be an after the fact measure.

Even Hangender's PBO based antihack was not always 100% effective but I generally had an update within minutes of a script getting past it which kept server disruptions to a minimum.

And to you sir. Google doesn't really require me to do any deep hunting for your acknowledgements on this issue.

I don't expect a response to this because you have far more important things to do. But this was a key tenant of the stand alone's server to client design. And none of us that know anything about game design ever expected you to abolish all hacking forever on day one or even day one thousand....thats not going to happen and we're more than realistic about the fact that any software system is open to exploitation.

The problem is we've waited a year and a half for you to come to the table with this and while some people just paid 30 dollars, I've spent at least a thousand dollars or more over the last two years hosting servers that supported the mod, my immediate response the minute the standalone was released was to once again support the game by not just buying it but hosting a server for it. I've spent an inordinate amount of time, just like any other DayZ server admin having to deal with the arcane server management of detecting and eliminating hackers from a server environment, on the old main hive...where I was barely allowed to ban anyone without a huge fight, to the private hive where regardless of my ability to ban people as I saw fit, it was still a huge task simply to properly ensure I was providing a relatively fair environment for the players on my servers.

Effectively dealing with the insecurity of the Arma engine was a second job..that I was paying to do because I believed in your ideas and felt they were worth supporting, for me, my friends and thousands of other people I didn't even know.

The entire key selling point of the SA for me has not just been your rather interesting re-envisioning of DayZ as the most realistic action survival simulation that you can make, but the fact that you acknowledged, multiple times over the period of transition from mod to stand alone game, that the server to client relationship between A2 servers and A2 clients was the major hurdle that the SA had to overcome to provide a better experience for players. And I patiently waited for a year and a half for this to be the case. The fact that its not the case and the entire relationship between the client and server is very much the same as any other VBS based engine variant is frankly appalling.

I'm not some famous Youtuber or blogger or review columnist so its hardly like my opinion is ever going to matter outside of this post, I'm just a guy thats spent a lot of money supporting your vision. And while I totally get that you're working this project with a small team and a lot of the things you have achieved have been a great leap forwards in what the DayZ experience is...the simple facts are is that it doesn't matter how much I enjoy that or how much work you and your team have done, if the server doesn't ignore illegitimate client executions and calls...then all that work and money and time was for nothing, on your side, and on mine.

So in conclusion...don't get me wrong I completely understand that there are some things that are never going to be managable from the server side, but for gods sake...client position, and game assets aren't something that the server should ever be accepting the clients calls for.

We'll see how this goes with the "Critical security features" re-enabled but simple facts are the server to client architecture was a key tenant of the SA's development for me and probably quite a few other people though I won't assume to speak for anyone but myself.

So yeah....you know this guy.

350x438px-LL-9eaf3656_son-i-am-disappoin

Damn man. Thats some heavy shit. I feel you.

If I invested so much of my time and hopes into this vision like you have I'd tell that hack Rocket to take a hike. He's really like the next George Lucas.

I just had a run in with someone who is running something that lets them respawn completely geared out.

I was sitting in a room going through my inventory when I noticed a flashlight shining on the floor below me. I took out my M4 and lined up a clear shot at the closed door thinking that if they were sweeping the building it was only a matter of time before they opened up the door. Needless to say, shortly after lining up my shot, the door opened and in walked one guy followed close behind by another. I was totally freaked out not expecting two guys. I dropped the first in the middle of the room and the second guy backed out of the room as soon as I fired my first burst. We fired a few shots back and forth and he finally went down. Both of them laying dead on the floor. As I was looting the first guy I dropped I noticed the body of the second guy disappeared... thought it was odd... but went about my business looting the remaining body. Shortly there after I hear the sound of a gun loading... the same sound it makes when you spawn in when you have a weapon equipped. I turned and there was a guy spawning right where the second body had been laying before it disappeared. I tried shooting at him as he spawned but my gun would not fire... I started to panic and moved to the corner of the room. He backed out of the room and again we exchanged gunfire and he went down. Again the body disappeared... and sure enough a few seconds later the guy respawned again in the same place, fully equipped. He ended up going down again... but this time instead of waiting I said "screw this" and logged off the server.

I wish you could see the names of people you have killed somewhere, I'd report the guy.

As was previously stated, this is not a hack. This is simply the game being in Alpha. If you get knocked out but not killed and log out fast enough then log back in. You will be full HP and in same gear. Test it out. Jump off a ledge that breaks your legs then log out and in. You will be fine. I have done this and found this out completely by accident when i fell off a balcony and broke my legs lol.

My reaction: 

idgas.gif

Simply because i havent met any hacker...And it's alpha...EVERYTHING is work in progress.

And Yet, Dean is still a human being and humas do forget.

Edited by OntyCZE
  • Like 2

My reaction: 

idgas.gif

Simply because i havent met any hacker...And it's alpha...EVERYTHING is work in progress.

And Yet, Dean is still a human being and humas do forget.

The vision of this game is vapourware.

Edited by wolffe

Hi, are you the same person who got globally banned for using one of those "undetected" private hacks just recently? I see your name in the logs...

You never heard of silent detection, right?

Because that's obviously what an anti-cheat can fix. To go back to what you initially said, yes, you indeed know a lot about BE!

1.) nope, i am not banned and playing fine? just because someone has more information than you does not imply that he is hacking.

2.) yep i did, and as i said: i guess i know better what BE can do and cannot.

3.) yep, that is exactly what an anti-cheat should take care of: watch the integrity of the process and prevent unwanted access. i do not want to extend this useless discussion, but there are many ways to notice code injections started via createRemoteThread and a custom dll (which is the most straight-forward method you can think of) - and serious anticheat measures like pb or VAC are 1) permanently checking their own address space for modifications and 2) checking their games' space as well, furthermore to the "song of hooks and fire".

rocket said this year:

Our lead programmer has been continuing the revision of the entire engine multiplayer to operate under the server-client MMO model. The results have been outstanding, and it is going to radically change the product. As these changes are made we are filter them onto the approach taken at other levels, ensuring everything is moved from being done at a client level to being done at a server level.

apparently did it did not go well...

VAC is not enabled yet incase it causes performance issues. When it is enabled (soon) hackers will be banned and have their CD-KEYs removed.

Until that happens thay can work on their hacks and they will not miss the opportunity. Once they know what they want they will get a bypass and hack without risking ban.

Pains me to see the SA in the same light as the MOD :(

Key points:

• VAC is already enabled.
  • Additional anti-cheat will be implemented as phased approach. 
  • Legacy backdoor vulnerability was patched in 0.29

There are still some additional changes to make, but a very significant critical vulnerability was fixed.

• Like 6

found this in a forum where they give tutorials about "Cheat engine"

Can't get this to work with the 0.29.113822 patch that was just released (worked fine up untill this patch).

:D :thumbsup:

Key points:

There are still some additional changes to make, but a very significant critical vulnerability was fixed.

Is it perhaps possible that if one is killed by a stranger, a screenshot will be saved by his view. To see if he has used a ESP hack or something else?

But you shouldn't be able to look at those screenshots instantly, because than you know his position, i hope you understand what i mean ^^

Like in battlefield...

Key points:

maybe you should buy this hack, and analyze how it works?

im not an it speciallist but it cant be so hard to get rid of those types of hacks...

Is it perhaps possible that if one is killed by a stranger, a screenshot will be saved by his view. To see if he has used a ESP hack or something else?

But you shouldn't be able to look at those screenshots instantly, because than you know his position, i hope you understand what i mean ^^

Like in battlefield...

Good god sweet jesus no. I can't think of anything I'd want less. If you died, you died. If someone hacked, they'll get found out and banned sooner or later. We aren't talking minor inconvenience Battleye bans here - VAC bans are a pain in the ass.

I was surrounded by other black women in their underwear..

I wasn't even going near the SA in the state its in,...but

Screen shot of this?

Edited by AussieBobby

Good god sweet jesus no. I can't think of anything I'd want less. If you died, you died. If someone hacked, they'll get found out and banned sooner or later. We aren't talking minor inconvenience Battleye bans here - VAC bans are a pain in the ass.

Why? If you think he cheated you can have a look online if he used a wallhack or similar? Thats easy and very effective. But you can't do it like in battlefield. There you can have a look on those screenshots plenty seconds after you died... so i guess 30 minutes up to 1 hour after death you should be able to check. The screenshots shouldn't show any playernames or something else, just a ID , so the devs/admins/... know who the guy was...

EDIT: And if you know a little of gamehacking you should know that professional hacks don't get banned very quick. Several "hackteams" got more than 50-100 members which analyse the vulnerability of the code (codecaves... and so on). And so the hacks are safe again....

Edited by Scizoo

Key points:

Wrong. 

VAC is NOT enabled, but i see what you are trying and i dont think it works.

5REo2.png

IF you had enabled VAC it would say 5REqB.png

sorry sir. not trying to be rude or anything but lieing isnt good ^^

Hacks aren't working now btw. They apparently turned on the server-side checks.

deqe.png

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 3

Hacks aren't working now btw. They apparently turned on the server-side checks.

Wallhacks and aimbots always work :/ :(

Edited by Scizoo

Wallhack and aimbot always work :/ :(

Every shooter ever made has those. They've already fixed the major hacks like spawning and teleporting without even turning on BE or VAC though.

Edited by Weedz