piffaroni

DayZ Hacks already happening

Ok, yes, we understand, its just an alpha....

but the hacking that has plagued the dayz mod now plagues stand alone...

I just got into a gun fight with someone in god mod..... couldn't kill him, and I became knocked out unconscious for about 30 minutes....

then, I finally get up, only to be shot through a wall and have a building crush me, someone using a engine hack with 1 shot can destroy ANYTHING

is there any way to stop this?

whats the official word about hacking now that SA is out?

Will server admins be forced to fork over another $50 to buy an anti hack (and get little support from said anti hack) because dean and team cant stop the hacks?

Edited by piffkush

they just deleted a post i posted showing it to them guess they dont want to fix it

I experienced similar hacking privileges when trying out the experimental alpha build. Might just be a bug for people using the experimental build and not legitimate hacking.

• Like 1

they just deleted a post i posted showing it to them guess they dont want to fix it

Correction - They deleted a post that some idiot made exposing a method of cheating to the public. There are Bug reports and other methods to expose these, posting them on a PUBLIC forum will only increase the use.

Edited by strngplyr

Your post was hidden because it was linking said hacks. 

Rocket has already commented on the situation, and there have been plenty of topics about this already.

• Like 6

You can't create an impenetrable anti-hack on an as of yet untested engine.(glares at picture of sergey titov)  
It's good they're finding exploits, just makes patching them faster.

Also, any link or video would be taken down to avoid nim rods joining that little bandwagon.

Edit : ^ you all beat me.  :(

Edited by Nihilum
  • Like 1

But I agree they are very sneaky in how they remove certain threads.

Err...no.

Upon checking the well known and popular sites seems like there is god mode hacks and speed hacks already. I really hope this doesn't end like the mod did..

Err... Ofcourse, you would say no. XD

No, I don't see how you conclude that we are "very sneaky" (...really?) in how we remove topics. All topics that link to hacks will be hidden. It's simple.

ok can somebody show me the comment rocket said about it?????

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154625-my-reaction-when-i-realized-hacks-for-the-game-are-already-out/

They'd have 10 of the same topic in every standalone related forum.

I've been seeing merges more than straight deletions; With the deletions being warranted completely. 

(Says the guy with the warning point ;) )

Maybe leaving a couple of those threads viewable and snipping the bad parts out of it is better? At least then I/we can get an idea of how bad the hacking really is!

The deleted post LINKED DIRECTLY to the source of the hacks.

What should the mods do, open a poll to see if the community wants the thread deleted and wait for the proposal to pass through the Senate and House of Representitives before landing on your desk for final approval, Mr. President?

It's not "sneaky", it's removing a source of hacking/scripting before too many from the public can see it.

Okay, maybe that IS sneaky, but it SHOULD be. They should be removed as quickly as possible to avoid more people getting their hands on it.

• Like 3

The deleted post LINKED DIRECTLY to the source of the hacks.

What should the mods do, open a poll to see if the community wants the thread deleted and wait for the proposal to pass through the Senate and House of Representitives before landing on your desk for final approval, Mr. President?

It's not "sneaky", it's removing a source of hacking/scripting before too many from the public can see it.

Okay, maybe that IS sneaky, but it SHOULD be. They should be removed as quickly as possible to avoid more people getting their hands on it.

Exactly. The more little 12 y/o rage monsters that see it, the more that are going to try to emulate it -- linking to the source just makes it even simpler for them.

The hack isn't even released yet and won't have god mode when it is.

• Like 1

sorry for posting that direct link then to the hack i have the best hopes for dayz standalone... i just dont hope it will be a hackfest like in warz ( i enjoyed the game alot until the hacks became unstoppable)

no one has answered my question..

what are they doing to stop the hacks? Any word? I dont think "its an alpha" is a valid excuse for the hacks....

because with the MOD, they didnt do ANYTHING to stop the hacks...

if it wasnt for the anti hacks thats out ( created by third parties) dayz would NOT be a very fun experience... hacking would be unstoppable, and for the most part, with engine hacks, they are unstoppable

also, why are they deleting so many posts? Hacking is a very serious issue, and I think between the hacking and the bugs, its going to create people leaving...

To be honest, the hacks in theory, should be blocked.

or is dean and team going to leave it up to another team to stop the hacks?

Edited by piffkush

There are no hacks at the moment so what do you want them to stop? You are also describing things happening to you from a hacker that aren't even in the planned features of the hack that isn't even released yet.

The only thing the hack that, again isn't even out yet, will have is an aimbot and a radar

There are no hacks at the moment so what do you want them to stop? You are also describing things happening to you from a hacker that aren't even in the planned features of the hack that isn't even released yet.

The only thing the hack that, again isn't even out yet, will have is an aimbot and a radar

of course they are hacks, one guy here got a thread deleted for posting "working stand alone dayz hacks" so working hacks are out there....

god mod hack is out.. this has not been able to be stopped , or even detected....even in the MOD..admins are forced to "watch" players to catch hacks...

engine hacks, dont get picked up and are undetectable....

I was just on a server, where a hacker was shooting down trees and destorying buildings to create lag.

basically a hacker uses an engine hack to destory buildings, and all you see is smoke over and over again, creating server lag

this has been going on since the mod mind you

Edited by piffkush

Allow me to explain this in a way people can understand.

People create scripts to gain unfair advantages, and ruin the fun of others.

It is inevitable for one to be created, and it is up to the developers to fix them.

Anything can be hacked, scripted, injected, altered, or decompressed. It's how fast the dev team fixes it, and removes the players that matters.

Bohemia used the cheaters to their advantage economically, they would mass ban cheaters, then go on sale, then do it again and again.

udf50Uo.png

Edited by lazy2guns
large image
  • Like 2