Ozelot (DayZ)

Found a book: Russian Cheat Sheet.

I forgot to take a screen shot, I'll get it later, but it's a short little book that lets you translate Russian.

Has anyone else found any manual-type books in the game?

• Like 1

I forgot to take a screen shot, I'll get it later, but it's a short little book that lets you translate Russian.

Whaaat!? I want it! I'll give ya my mosin for it! (well, maybe not :P )

I wish there was a way to read these books after leaving the game. I don't want my character to sit out in the open for hours :)

Yeah, that's one of the many cool little touches they've managed to sneak in - I remember finding it in a random town inland somewhere while completely lost, and it was actually genuinely useful, as with all the touches and upgrades they've made to the countryside, I was struggling to navigate by memory/sight (and only had the wrong half of the map :p), so knowing which town I was in was a big help.

Funnily enough the very first book I picked up was German, though I'm playing it in English.  :huh:

I found a lots of books..How do i read them though?

I can read Russian... so i'm good...

I was taking a look at the files and it appears that they are actually full books.

Want.

Want want want. 

Hoping this is just a sign of things to come. "Uncle Rocket's guide to the great outdoors", anyone? Schematics and recipes via books and magazines perhaps? Do want.

• Like 1

I found "The Art of War" and "The Magna Carta"  both useful. :)

Waitwat? Useful? How? Tell meeee :)

I was taking a look at the files and it appears that they are actually full books.

They are. I already learned some russian and yesterday while waiting fo my friends I studied the bible for an hour or so :D

Alternatively you can use google and print out a sheet that has the alphabet and basic rules. It's cool that they added this so maybe more people will read the signs...but I doubt it since that means reading books too.

I wish there was a way to read these books after leaving the game. I don't want my character to sit out in the open for hours :)

There is an incredible way that lets you read the books outside of the game. Go to www.amazon.com fur further information ;) SCNR

There is an incredible way that lets you read the books outside of the game. Go to www.amazon.com fur further information ;) SCNR

you don't say?

You could also use http://dayzhq.com/map/. If you look on the lower right hand side there is an option to enable Cyrillic. This will add the Cyrillic name under the English name of the city on the map. So you can simply match the name of the city you are in with the name on the map.

Whaaat!? I want it! I'll give ya my mosin for it! (well, maybe not :P )

You can find most of these books available as free ebooks in multiple ebook formats here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/

• Like 1

stary sober=Stary zabor which means old fence. Novy sobor=novy zabor which means new fence. Balota means swamp.  I could go on for days about all the bland russian names in this game.