jBrick

Charging people money to help you "make" a game....

hacking, bugs, and beta testers is what will end this game

Its early alpha, bugs are expected. The SA is not even as remotely vulnerable as the mod in terms of hacking. Beta testers will end the game?

Only in this day and age does labeling a game alpha boost sales and customer satisfaction. If the game was half the price and labeled release would they have as many white knights?

• Like 1

Only in this day and age does labeling a game alpha boost sales and customer satisfaction. If the game was half the price and labeled release would they have as many white knights?

It's just the sycophantry of this community, mang.

No "criticizing" because that's too "negative" for these peeps who spend days on end in the mod.

Yes. Don't discuss things DayZ related here. Are you nuts?

Also, come on guys, you only spent $30. Even though that's the full price of other retail MMO's, like FFXI, you should be patient and wait another 1 to 2 years before expecting this one to work. Just look at the tags. It's labeled "indie". That means Bohemia Interactive only has 200 employees and needs your support. Be sure to buy the Supporter Edition™ and pay extra!

Of course it wouldn't because that implies that no more updates would be released for it meaning no bug fixes. "white knights" are people who are patient and bought the early alpha to support the game's development knowing that the bugs they report will get fixed. 

• Like 1

.I've  played 13 hours today...no crashes , short loading times, very good ping.  A good solid base for the coming fixes and improvements...worth every single penny !!!

PS: the new military camp at night is creepy as fuck  :)

This is my last post on this topic because I don't see this being productive.  What reason could you POSSIBLY have for waiting two years to release a game and then releasing a paid for alpha in this manner?  HONESTLY?  "The game will come out when its ready... not before"... are you telling me this game is ready?  Because according to Steam DayZ is Here! 

And as for people saying all companies are charging for Alpha and pre-release.. OHHHH really?  Pixel Piracy and a game supported by Bohemia are the same thing right?  Give your head a shake.

Rocket said it many times before IIRC. The Arma 2 mod was a proof of concept job to get the backing to do this game. This alpha release was the reason the mod was made in the first place. Witness!

Odd, it's only taken 19 posts for me to decide that lazy2guns is an idiot, although I had a very strong feeling of bias when I saw his username.

• Like 1

Really?  This is almost unbelievable.  Most companies don't charge people for helping them Beta test...

It worked out great for Notch and Minecraft; I don't see why it couldn't work just fine here. Try to relax. Deep breaths. Everything is going to work out.

Of course it wouldn't because that implies that no more updates would be released for it meaning no bug fixes. "white knights" are people who are patient and bought the early alpha to support the game's development knowing that the bugs they report will get fixed.

Wrong, retail/release MMO's are already expected to be updated (and they are). Even the free ones are.

It worked out great for Notch and Minecraft; I don't see why it couldn't work just fine here. Try to relax. Deep breaths. Everything is going to work out.

It's working out great for everyone right now. That's why the top sellers are nothing but "early access". What possible reason does any developer have to release something that isn't called "early access"? Like I said, it boosts sales and customer satisfaction because they expect more later.

Edited by lazy2guns

Personally, I would have paid more than $30 to play the alpha. When I first stumbled upon a DayZ video on YouTube in May of 2012, I immediately bought ARMA 2 to play the mod. It was a buggy mess, but I loved it.

Same with standalone. Found out it was released, immediately bought it. No regrets. Is it a buggy mess? Sure. Am I loving it and glad to be a part of its development? Absolutely.

Now I just gotta figure out the bug reporting tool. First order of business when I get home from work.

Anyone who bought the alpha expecting a smooth, stable game with most or all of its features just didn't pay attention to anything anyone has said about it.

I read the warnings and took a chance although the game is Early Alpha (EA... oh, shit did I just figure out what the company name really stands for?).  Anyhoo, I played it and saw annoying things, new things, broken things etc. Made myself a profile to the bug-forum and posted an issue that I couldn't find with search. I understand ppl are pissed off because it isn't what they expected. I too got frustrated at the new "bitchy character constantly complaining about being tired or thirsty" and added my two cents about it in a thread about it. But instead of just raging, why not make yourself useful and report the issues? It kinda helps you get more value for your money if you report a problem to the developers and assist them instead of going FU at them. 

Peace and beer.

• Like 2

Odd, it's only taken 19 posts for me to decide that lazy2guns is an idiot, although I had a very strong feeling of bias when I saw his username.

Typical, complaining about people being 'idiots' and just writing them off for 'bias'

Whether you wish to pay $30 is a personal choice most everyone will have to make. (Barring those who got it before hand.)

It is perfectly acceptable to post and read these forums without having access to it. We won't begrudge anyone who opts out but wishes to engage in discussion. Rocket himself has warned against all but the hardcore fanatics to reconsider getting the game this early. 

Rocket himself has warned against all but the hardcore fanatics to reconsider getting the game this early. 

If only they had listened. 

Actually my friend was just about to "F this game!" last night. This morning he logged in with a cooler head, respawned, and used what he learned last night to make his visit to Chernarus+ a lot more enjoyable. 

Also, come on guys, you only spent $30. Even though that's the full price of other retail MMO's, like FFXI, you should be patient and wait another 1 to 2 years before expecting this one to work. Just look at the tags. It's labeled "indie". That means Bohemia Interactive only has 200 employees and needs your support. Be sure to buy the Supporter Edition™ and pay extra!

Your life seems veryyyyy ( yyyy ) interesting and exciting.

Really?  This is almost unbelievable.  Most companies don't charge people for helping them Beta test... let alone paying money for what standalone currently is.  I really don't see a justification for this other than cashing in on the title now.  Maybe a game developer can come shed light on what the reasoning behind this is as at this point it makes little sense other than abject greed.

Not charging people dummy... he is actually GIVING US A DISCOUNT! The game will grow in price as it reaches it's release date. We pay to enter alpha, get EARLY ACCESS and can help shape the game as a community, all while being given a discounted end price. You're fucking retarded lol.

Edited by Max Planck
No personal insults please.

Do not buy the game yet!

The release of our Alpha is about getting those who want to be involved from the ground up, up and into the process. What we do encourage you to do, is to read reviews, watch livestreams and lets play videos, and talk to your friends. The alpha is going out into large scale testing for the first time, this means many things (mostly bad) will happen such as nasty bugs, connection issues, lost loot, etc... Our aim right now is to present the bare-bone architecture and check that works, getting some feedback on the direction in the process.

I agree with the first part but not with the second part. No matter what price the game is, if it's labeled as full release v1.0 but in reality it is far from it, then it's OK to rage, accuse that the developers are lying etc.

You combined three screenshots as it would look like they just want people buy it. Let me show you the real screen. So please stop your pathetic trolling.

TuZpiNp.jpg

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 3

Really?  This is almost unbelievable.  Most companies don't charge people for helping them Beta test... let alone paying money for what standalone currently is.  I really don't see a justification for this other than cashing in on the title now.  Maybe a game developer can come shed light on what the reasoning behind this is as at this point it makes little sense other than abject greed.

7/10 troll thread

well done, almost made me rage however a little to obvious. 

much better then average. 

• Like 1

Do not buy the game yet!

The release of our Alpha is about getting those who want to be involved from the ground up, up and into the process. What we do encourage you to do, is to read reviews, watch livestreams and lets play videos, and talk to your friends. The alpha is going out into large scale testing for the first time, this means many things (mostly bad) will happen such as nasty bugs, connection issues, lost loot, etc... Our aim right now is to present the bare-bone architecture and check that works, getting some feedback on the direction in the process.

218UyQG.jpg

• Like 1