Sign in to follow this  
Guyincognito (DayZ)

Thoughts so far

Now that I have had a couple hours to play the standalone, I figured I would start putting in my 2 cents.

Cons:

• Thirst and hunger goes down way to fast.  Should not need to eat and drink every 3-5 minutes.  Due to the scarcity of loot this can be an issue if someone gets a bad spawn point and passes out before they can reach a city with supplies.
  • Item degredation is too fast on some items.  Pristine motorcycle helmet gets destroyed after 2 hits from a zombie.  Please increase durability or there needs to be a way to fix items (sewing kit, duct tape, etc).  Also I have had the same can opener for nearly 25+ years.  Those things can last forever.  I would suggest putting a usage limit on them like match boxes. 
  • Guns should perhaps come with a magazine already inside them (empty).  Spent hours looking for a pistol mag to use and still have yet to find one.  I like the idea that this is a highly sought commodity, but realistically most people would keep a mag in or near thier pistol.
  • Text notices/ lack of hud-  everyone has spent the last year+ using the hud system on the dayzmod.  It is kind of like windows 8 getting rid of the start button.  You let people rely on it so long that when you take it away (assuming for immersion),  there is going to be a massive outcry.  Hud display can be based on difficulty level.  Missing on veteran servers, but around for normal difficulty and below.
  • Better tool tips: Lots of new items and not much explanation of how or what to use them with.  Some have good tooltips and some have none.  I would like to see this expanded more

Pros:

• Less loot and more integrated to the surrondings.  I like the fact that you have to search for something and nothing is really handed to you. 
  • More enterable buildings
  • Less guns lying around the major cities,  less likely for new spawns to go imediately bandit on top of cherno with an enfield.
  • Less zombies-  I like the fact that there seems to be a lot less zombies.  They have more of a real threat when there is fewer of them and they actually hurt more.  This way if you get surrounded, you are screwed.(not hatcheting 20 zombies to death with out a scratch like in the mod)

So far that is most of what I can think of.  Please feel free to add your thoughts to this thread.  I would like to have at least one constructive thread with though out feedback.

Now that I have had a couple hours to play the standalone, I figured I would start putting in my 2 cents.

Cons:

• Thirst and hunger goes down way to fast.  Should not need to eat and drink every 3-5 minutes.  Due to the scarcity of loot this can be an issue if someone gets a bad spawn point and passes out before they can reach a city with supplies.
  • Item degredation is too fast on some items.  Pristine motorcycle helmet gets destroyed after 2 hits from a zombie.  Please increase durability or there needs to be a way to fix items (sewing kit, duct tape, etc).  Also I have had the same can opener for nearly 25+ years.  Those things can last forever.  I would suggest putting a usage limit on them like match boxes. 
  • Guns should perhaps come with a magazine already inside them (empty).  Spent hours looking for a pistol mag to use and still have yet to find one.  I like the idea that this is a highly sought commodity, but realistically most people would keep a mag in or near thier pistol.
  • Text notices/ lack of hud-  everyone has spent the last year+ using the hud system on the dayzmod.  It is kind of like windows 8 getting rid of the start button.  You let people rely on it so long that when you take it away (assuming for immersion),  there is going to be a massive outcry.  Hud display can be based on difficulty level.  Missing on veteran servers, but around for normal difficulty and below.
  • Better tool tips: Lots of new items and not much explanation of how or what to use them with.  Some have good tooltips and some have none.  I would like to see this expanded more

To my knowledge the food and hunger thing isn't working properly and they have to fix it.  I agree it is annoying though.  I passed out due to lack of food and am now waiting to regain consciousness.  It's alpha though so I can't complain much.

I haven't had a problem with item deterioration.

As far as mags and ammo, you just have to look in the right spot.  I had 4 mags for my pistol and over 100 bullets for it.  

Good post and refreshing to read. 

The less zombie thing is a bug right now.. :)