yotimmyg@gmail.com

Ok i get it.. its alpha.. but this is worse than the mod.

Dean Hall bit off more than he could chew and he knows it.... his vision was not realised because no1 working for him respected him and his foolish notions of design and developement.... He had a good run.. he got paid a lot, he is not a leader.. gratz to him for dragging it out for a year... I know i paid $30... so hatz off to the kiwi. Now please disappear.

I hope however that I am entirely wrong and you dig this god awful alpha out of the deep hole it is in.... the Execs must of insisted you release this bag of crap.   #warz

• Like 10

Did you play the mod 1.5 years ago when it was "released"? I highly doubt so, because it was way less playable than what the SA is now and yet a lot of people spend more money on ARMA 2 OA in order to be able to play it than they now spend on SA.

ARMA 2 Combined Operations was 25€ at the time and SA now is 23€ - and many bought ARMA for the sole purpose to be able to play the DayZMod. Whether you like it or not - it's playable and well worth the money.

• Like 47

You obviously don't get the fact that it's alpha. Have fun with Warz pay2winscam

Edited by iAwesome
  • Like 21

Yeah, nah.

I'm fucking loving the alpha. Feels so much more smooth than the mod. My only complaint (as I know bugs will be addressed in due time) is the chat cues instead of GUI (which is being changed again, i hear and hope?)

Dean said a while ago that his style of development is metaphorically more similar to that of a grenade, and that he will eventually let someone else take over his role when it comes to small tweaks. Personally, I believe Rocket and the team have done an outstanding job. It's a fucking alpha, it already feels better than the mod (in my personal opinion). Get over yourself.

• Like 14

I hope however that I am entirely wrong and you dig this god awful alpha out of the deep hole it is in.... the Execs must of insisted you release this bag of crap.   #warz

Why it is in "the deep hole"? Don´t get it. What is your main problem?

I´m realy excieted atm.

• Like 1

Did you play the mod 1.5 years ago when it was "released"? I highly doubt so, because it was way less playable than what the SA is now and yet a lot of people spend more money on ARMA 2 OA in order to be able to play it than they now spend on SA.

Thats true, but I think its a fair point about it being 18 months later and we have a product that in many ways resembles the first builds of the mod.  Instead of building off of 18 months of support and development (including additional development of secondary mods by others), this SA feels like a "blank slate".  Its not optimized much better if at all, and has far less features.  I see new item art, new locations on the map, building interiors, an attempt at new zombie AI, but nothing that jumps out and screams "advancement".

Ok its an alpha, fine I get it.  Hopefully they get extremely aggressive about updating it, because if what we have today is the culmination of 18 months of work, it doesn't really amount to very much, at least IMO. (compared to the development of the mod and its submods, and how far they have come over the same period). /hopingforthebest

Edited by Entaro
  • Like 2

I see new item art, new locations on the map, building interiors, an attempt at new zombie AI, but nothing that jumps out and screams "advancement".

That's already enough for me to start off with.

Obviously they're not at a point like the mod is, because they started over. They wanted to get something completely new and didn't want to be limited by the engine. This is barely going to happen with the SA, because it's all about the ability to be able to change what they want.

We merely have the framework, now let us enjoy it together until the actual features arrive.

• Like 2

Dean Hall bit off more than he could chew and he knows it.... his vision was not realised because no1 working for him respected him and his foolish notions of design and developement.... He had a good run.. he got paid a lot, he is not a leader.. gratz to him for dragging it out for a year... I know i paid $30... so hatz off to the kiwi. Now please disappear.

I did not realize you were such close friends with Dean ad other members of the Dayz team please pray tell were is your proof about his lack of leadership, and how he bit off more than he could chew.  I cannot wait until people such as you move on to complain about the next game allowing more mature people to rationally discuss the merits and short comings of this game to help improve it.  Thanks for coming out now move along please

• Like 11

you diden't read the text before you bought it i see, if you can't handle a game that's in Alpha then don't buy it.

please read next time WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

it's all there

• Like 8

really? fanboys saying even fanboyier stuff.... 

Yes i did play this '1.5 years ago' and by no means did the alpha make me once again visit the first time i played dayz.... Not knowing how the zombie ai worked (which was a lot better) having my heart thump with fear when i saw another player or hear a gun shot.. NO NO NO.... . all i felt was disappointment.  this alpha has been tested for what.. 6 months?? they felt it was ready for deployment 2-3 months ago? it wasnt because of the network bubble.... honestly if they thought this trash was ready for the public 2 months ago... WHO ARE THESE TESTERS? are they insane? have you fought a zombie yet? omg its so broken and feels like WARZ...

anyway.. this is what i believe

Dean hall wont complete this failure.. he will resign or quit... either is fine with me.  Ill be telling my mates who havent dl'd it yet.. not to bother.

When i am epically wrong and this game exceeds all my low expectations... then flame this post.. flame it hard... wont happen tho

Such a shame..

I was truely so excited for this game.

• Like 2

Yes i did play this '1.5 years ago' and by no means did the alpha make me once again visit the first time i played dayz.... Not knowing how the zombie ai worked (which was a lot better) 

This disqualified you as being one of the ones playing it not even months ago, as they zombie AI on release of the mod was significantly worse than they are currently in SA.

Zombies phasing through walls / fences / buildings / teleporting around, aggroing randomly from miles away.

Don't see it in SA like that. Go ahead and don't play if you want to. Noone says you have to.

• Like 2

I think the issue people are struggling with is - why is the game play not improved from the mod after 18 months.  And while that point is debatable - it is true that a lot of features are missing, things likes vehicles and weapons etc...  What took up some much dev time was the transformation of the game from largely client side (hacking impossible to stop) to server side.

This was a pretty big ordeal that involved ripping the engine down to it's core and re-enginneering a lot of how arma works.  I actually think it's fairly amazing they were able to do that in such a short (relatively speaking) period of time.  If they did it well (made the code modular in nature) then they should be able to rapidly (relatively speaking) tack on new features and troubleshoot bugs.

Yea sure it would have been cool to have seen this early version of the game be substantially better than the mod, and you can argue that point all you want when the truth is you wont start seeing those types of gains for a while.

Keep in mind a lot of people here and on reddit were BEGGING for this version of the game to be released, so I guess becareful what you wish for.

• Like 5

Thanks for purchase, now gtfo.

• Like 13

I'm having fun so far personally, put in 3 hours, got some stuff. Saw another player for the first time run into a house next to mine to loot it and my heart skipped a beat - if I had been in that house looting for any longer he could've easily came up behind me and put an axe in my head

Sorry you're not having fun, but that doesn't mean come QQ on the forums like every other child

I'm having fun so far personally, put in 3 hours, got some stuff. Saw another player for the first time run into a house next to mine to loot it and my heart skipped a beat - if I had been in that house looting for any longer he could've easily came up behind me and put an axe in my head

Sorry you're not having fun, but that doesn't mean come QQ on the forums like every other child

I wont judge ur opinion. its a forum

• Like 1

Perfect example of what rocket meant when he said "DON'T BUY INTO ALPHA" unless you are ready to be part of something shitty for a significant time....

so basically:

• he warned you
  • you bought it anyway
  • you didnt find NVGs in the first 5  minutes
  • you died several horrible deaths
  • you complain without giving any examples of what YOU think went wrong.

Please, don't reproduce (if you're able)

• Like 11

Yeah, nah.

I'm fucking loving the alpha. Feels so much more smooth than the mod. My only complaint (as I know bugs will be addressed in due time) is the chat cues instead of GUI (which is being changed again, i hear and hope?)

Dean said a while ago that his style of development is metaphorically more similar to that of a grenade, and that he will eventually let someone else take over his role when it comes to small tweaks. Personally, I believe Rocket and the team have done an outstanding job. It's a fucking alpha, it already feels better than the mod (in my personal opinion). Get over yourself.

Cant more then agree. Not much time in it yet. LOVE IT! Deleted the mod instantly. Cant go back now. And as for warz. DUDE THAT IS SHIT! They just milk you for money. WAR INC MOD!

EDIT spelling mistake*'

Perfect example of what rocket meant when he said "DON'T BUY INTO ALPHA" unless you are ready to be part of something shitty for a significant time....

so basically:

• he warned you
  • you bought it anyway
  • you didnt find NVGs in the first 5  minutes
  • you died several horrible deaths
  • you complain without giving any examples of what YOU think went wrong.

Please, don't reproduce (if you're able)

I did all those things... wait... i did the first 2 things...

Then you tell me not to reproduce. saying personal stuff is well and good... if you know me.

Edited by dirty_malone
  • Like 1

really? fanboys saying even fanboyier stuff.... 

Yes i did play this '1.5 years ago' and by no means did the alpha make me once again visit the first time i played dayz.... Not knowing how the zombie ai worked (which was a lot better) having my heart thump with fear when i saw another player or hear a gun shot.. NO NO NO.... . all i felt was disappointment.  this alpha has been tested for what.. 6 months?? they felt it was ready for deployment 2-3 months ago? it wasnt because of the network bubble.... honestly if they thought this trash was ready for the public 2 months ago... WHO ARE THESE TESTERS? are they insane? have you fought a zombie yet? omg its so broken and feels like WARZ...

anyway.. this is what i believe

Dean hall wont complete this failure.. he will resign or quit... either is fine with me.  Ill be telling my mates who havent dl'd it yet.. not to bother.

When i am epically wrong and this game exceeds all my low expectations... then flame this post.. flame it hard... wont happen tho

Such a shame..

I was truely so excited for this game.

I do have to agree with the OP to some extend. I personally expected a bit more from this release. Surley still bugged a lot, but with regard to basic game mechanics a bit more "sophisticeted". I mean you do recognise a lot of stuff in the 1st hour of play and I am also wondering what those Testers actually tested. Well they surley weren't that critical where they should have been, as they love the idea of the game so much (my guess) as can been seen all across the threads about the SA. This release is IMO actually a tad worse than the early mod for Arma with the diifference it costs 24 EUR / 30 USD, which is quite much for an early accesses. Well lets hope the Devs are sticking with this game until it is polished, which will probably take another 2 years reagrding the development speed and the state of the game atm. Of course I bought an early accesses, but still I am kind of dissapointed... :(

Edit: The tone of some of this posts here...would earn those guys a neat asswhopping in irl, geez...

Edited by *=LP=*Cpt.Kawa
  • Like 1

#warz

These devs have already done everything they said would be in the standalone in the mod .... Some people's children Rick.

As someone said...

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Astonishing how ignorant some people are...

You were duely warned and chose to buy it anyway, you can come with constructive critisism, but just bitching about how it sucks is pathetic and useless.

0/10 would not read again.

• Like 3

Hey look on the bright side. We paid 30 dolllars to wear some sunglasses, a motorcycle helmet, and swing a fire extinguisher at a zombie that would not move...lol

:D

• Like 1

As someone said...

I am well aware that he  said this... serious issues is an extremely broad topic. and i am not phased by interuptions.

But i must insist you read all previous posts and announcements by mr hall prior to this statement you are refering to.  The general gist of it is that he does not want to release the game until it is ready..  You seem to get the impression that he had it all under control and that bohemia were allowing him the time he needed to get dayz to where it needed to be.  then bang!  (YOUR QUOTE) why the change of heart Dean? pressure, inexperience, time.... his desire to make an in depth survival game was/has been thwarted by the engine, the design priorties, the executives and some of the fanbase..

but i digress.. as i said it is still alpha and anything is possible... and i hope i am monumentally wrong. this is my opinion and i am most strong about it. thanks everyone for your topical posts.  Not so much the judgmental and peronal ones

Edited by dirty_malone
  • Like 1