carlj

Possible FPS Enhancer

I'll try some of these out and let you know how it goes. I'm on a $400 dell computer and I can run SA with everything on low settings at 40+ FPS out of town and around 15 in towns

dayz config is located at C:\Users\USER\Documents\DayZ

Edited by Tr1x
  • Like 1

I'll try some of these out and let you know how it goes. I'm on a $400 dell computer and I can run SA with everything on low settings at 40+ FPS out of town and around 15 in towns

Great, thank you!

nosplash -skipIntro 

Good one. Should give it a try. Doesn't hurt.

You need to watch out with those startupparameters, though. There was a point where it caused massive issues using those launchparamters to a point being unable to play.

Good one. Should give it a try. Doesn't hurt.

You need to watch out with those startupparameters, though. There was a point where it caused massive issues using those launchparamters to a point being unable to play.

I my self have not experienced anything like that in the mod. We need to wait and see how it works out for people.

I gained about 15 FPS outside of cities, gonna run to cherno and see how it goes there

Doubled my FPS in Cherno, went from a stuttering mess to a steady 28-33 which is good enough for me! Have my beans sir!

• Like 2

Never worked for me in arma 3. But it doesnt hurt to try.

Me neither, but nor is it out of interest as SA is build on the A2 engine. And these tricks worked for me with the mod.

Doubled my FPS in Cherno, went from a stuttering mess to a steady 28-33 which is good enough for me! Have my beans sir!

That gets my hopes up until I get home! Care to specify what you did? Thank you for helping out! 

Edited by carlj

I my self have not experienced anything like that in the mod. We need to wait and see how it works out for people.

Obviously not the mod, but you posted this in regards of the SA. In an earlier build it was causing the skeleton not to load in and you were floating about as a T with your arms stretched out.

I haven't had the time to test it out yet, but it's to be used with caution

Obviously not the mod, but you posted this in regards of the SA. In an earlier build it was causing the skeleton not to load in and you were floating about as a T with your arms stretched out.

I haven't had the time to test it out yet, but it's to be used with caution

My apologies, I assumed we were talking about the mod. But to fix a problem thats caused by a launch parameter, seems like it would disappear if you removed the parameter?

This needs to be kept on the front page... This has helped my problem as I previously posted yesterday about changing settings and getting the same 10-20fps and fps hiccups. This definitely helped my performance, now I get a steady 24-30 fps (in cherno)with things on low but my texture detail and filter on very high. I'm going to try to mess with some more settings to increase the detail. Thanks!!!

core i7 2.8ghz

470GTX

16gb ddr3

240gb corsair force GT SSD

Windows 7 home x64

Edited by bledadeva

Hello there

Im so used to RV engine games, that I automatically put all this in without thinking.

Ill add to my guide, with a little credit to OP for the reminder.

Rgds

LoK

Second thoughts I will sticky this and will edit a little if I may...

Edited by orlok
  • Like 3

Would be more helpful if we can get a optimal texture/render settings guide for best FPS in here...

• Like 2

Hello there

Apologies, I removed the overclocking bit. People will see and will try. Let them inform themselves on it.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Apologies, I removed the overclocking bit. People will see and will try. Let them inform themselves on it.

Rgds

LoK

Understandable. 

Finally got home and got to fiddle about with it. Went from 12 to about 25. That I did simply because i forgot that I made my GPU go in to a temporary throttle, and just needed to reboot my laptop for that boost. 

How ever using the same launch parameters as I do for Arma 2, gave me another 5-10 fps depending on the scenario. 

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

-winxp, still gives the error code. Which is a shame, as it seems that thats the parameter that is giving me the highest FPS boost(at least in the menus, without/with`= 90/164) But it was crashing when I was playing with the settings in game. Havent been able to join any servers now for a good 30-40 min, to see how it works without playing around with the settings.

Edited by carlj

Would be more helpful if we can get a optimal texture/render settings guide for best FPS in here...

Since every PC/laptop is different, its also impossible to say what works for you. Get Fraps or MSI Afterburner to keep an eye on your FPS, stand in middle of cherno, and lower/raise your settings until you get a FPS/quality ratio that youre happy. If you cant find any settings that your happy with, it could be that your hardware dont manage to put out better(But I have no idea what your hardware is).

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1

returns to 0 after playing

I noticed that aswell, I wonder what that is becuase.

I noticed that aswell, I wonder what that is becuase.

I want to answer "It's ArmA, guy!". But there was not in ArmA. Misticism. I think shamans from Bohemia must answer community! > :(

Edited by Ustor
  • Like 1

For some reason the files aren't there but the folders they belong to are. Does anyone know why?

Edited by Districtgg

You can also change/add some lines in C:\Users\USER\Documents\DayZ Other Profiles\ it might help too

mouseSmoothing=0;

sceneComplexity=150000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1600;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1600;
terrainGrid=10;
  • Like 1

Have not tried these launch options yet (still downloading the SA).. going to give it a go without the launch options and see how it plays, and with and see if the difference is there.  

Thanks for posting the info.  :)