ZlobaRUS54

Things you want to see in SA updates first.

For me:

1. Tents! I mostly play lone wold survival, filling my tent was a fun mini-game for me. Hell, even squirrels know you must save for later.

2. Fixing the status indicators. I must agree with Dean that text style was a bad idea, IMHO they are not just bad but completely unusable atm. I mean, if you read all the

messages you can see that a deep mechanic for the effects is already in place, it's just impossible to tell at a glance how wounded/hungry/thirsty/tired you are (especially at     night       when color fade does not work).  Dean said in one of the Streams that you gotta be able to tell if you are dying of starvation or about to slip into what seems like a            

persistent  vegetative state from tiredness. I realize that HUD icons are in a way a step back to wolf3d school of interface design, but if that's what needed for a quick fix,

so be it.

3. Hunting and hunting weapons.

4. Client side performance improvement. With 3dmark score in the top 10% I get pretty bad performance.

P.S. Mod, merge this if there is already a topic like this. I didn't find it.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1

Fix to the food/drink system

Status indicators

Unconscious bug fix

Loot respawn system

Tents

Edited by tehNuka
  • Like 2

There's no point looking at tents yet. There's likely to be plenty of data wipes and stuff, so it'd be a bit of a pointless mechanic at this point in time.

I feel like the food/drink systems could do with a fiddle, as the next major build fix. Obviously all the little bugs will be dealt with as they come in, but yeah, it's a survival game really so the status/indicator systems are core to the experience.

• Like 1

Optimization. I have troubles believing that their minimum spec can handle DayZ "out of the box". 

The sound desync bug us pretty funny. Usually it's just what I assume are Zombie noises, but during last session I also experienced random chewing and can opening sounds and at one point something that sounded like REALLY loud Chinese Rock station.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 2

Well ideally Vehicles/Tents/Bases...

...Realistically:

First: Fix Zombies running through walls (happening all the time to me)

Then: Better status indicators for hunger/thirst and possibly visibility and sound (like the mod) at least until good in game audio/visual queues are developed. I actually like the text (It sort of encourages the RP for me) but preferably in ADDITION to the indicators.

Think only thing needs fixing is making it easier to pick up loot. I need to be super accurate when i do it. Can spend 20sec just aiming to get those bullets down from the locker

• Like 2

- Mouse acceleration: fix the menu option for disabling it, this will make pointing at objects feel much more natural.

- the SUN IS OVERPOWERED !! Seriously, learn from other peoples failure.

- Unconscious/resting fix

• Like 1

First and foremost the unconsciousness thing needs to be addressed. There is no reason your character should become unconscious if you can't find food within a few hours.

• Like 1

4. Client side performance improvement. With 3dmark score in the top 10% I get pretty bad performance.

This should be the priority, Game runs horribly slow, especially in towns.

1. Unconscious bug fix

2. Unconscious bug fix

3. Unconscious bug fix

...the game is unplayable now, you randomly pass out, so there's no reason to collect stuff or such as you're 100% sure that you will pass out randomly "soon".

This should be the priority, Game runs horribly slow, especially in towns.

Our main priority right now is server side performance, once we have that acceptable we will look at client side.

Optimizing too early cause lead to big problems in development

• Like 7

With me I would really like the server issues to be fixed, as soon as possible. It's a lot easier to overlook bugs, if you at least get to play it for more than 5-10 minutes at the time before you get kicked. I also agree that the HUD was a bit hard to read, especially at night time. It would be nice having better control of what you need, and a little easier time knowing in advance if something is wrong. My computer should be able to handle pretty good games, runs most MMOs with no problem, as is my net, and yet it still seem to have issues with this game (performance), so hopefully that will be better as well. 

Otherwise I just haven't gotten it tested out enough to know yet.

unconcious fix is first big thing 30 minutes out still not woke up.

sun! sun ! sun ! that makes my eyes almost bleed :lol: . needs toning down alot.

mouse acceleration needs a option to be turned off.

camera on 3rd person too close needs to be bit further away from person but i understand why to stop looking over walls.

graphics feel like ive got a post process on even with it off all blurs off.

For me defnitly a visible indication of hunger and thirst and not this text. 

It's very confusing...when ever i drink something i get the message "I'm thirsty"... for about 5 minutes and than nothing anymore.

So with the old indicator it would be much easier to see when you need a drink!

Hope rocket implements that indicators quickly

1. Optimization of the client

2.  Shorter day/night cycles I work all day, so only play at night, and I would like to see the game in colours other than black and grey.  Nothing insane like 20 min  cycles but something like 6 hour cycles so one day I play its all night the next it would be all day

There other other things I would add but since this is the first update need to be realistic I think the optimization alone would take all the time

• Like 2

What bugs make the game fully or nearly unplayable for you? What would you like to see first?

In my opinion, the current unconsciousness system breaks the game for me. When you fall unconscious, for any of the many reasons that I don't mind, it is a death sentence. To start, the average current knockout time is around 30-45 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but it is extremely unreasonable since revival is bugged. When you are knocked out, your body moves around , and glitches all over the place, so anybody trying to revive you with epi or defibrillators will continuously fail because your body moves and interrupts the action. On the off chance that the defib is successful, the server lag usually prevents the revive. Bottom line nobody from my group has gotten up from an uncon , even after waiting 45 minutes.

This is really the only thing that breaks the game for me. If revival worked, even with 30 minute knockouts, I 'd be fine as we'd just have to equip our guys with defibs. Obviously the servers need to be a bit more optimized so that revives register with the server when they actually happen.

What would you guys like to see in the first patch?

• Like 1

Status indicators

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 8

Status indicators

AHAHAHAHAHA. Nice, thank you.

Edited by kichilron

For me:

1. Tents! I mostly play lone wold survival, filling my tent was a fun mini-game for me. Hell, even squirrels know you must save for later.

2. Fixing the status indicators. I must agree with Dean that text style was a bad idea, IMHO they are not just bad but completely unusable atm. I mean, if you read all the

messages you can see that a deep mechanic for the effects is already in place, it's just impossible to tell at a glance how wounded/hungry/thirsty/tired you are (especially at     night       when color fade does not work).  Dean said in one of the Streams that you gotta be able to tell if you are dying of starvation or about to slip into what seems like a            

persistent  vegetative state from tiredness. I realize that HUD icons are in a way a step back to wolf3d school of interface design, but if that's what needed for a quick fix,

so be it.

3. Hunting and hunting weapons.

P.S. Mod, merge this if there is already a topic like this. I didn't find it.

Vehicles, Cars, trucks, Helicopters, Boats, i guess some armoured cars, milatary vehicles