1. Official

1. News & Announcements

DayZ Status Reports and other News

1. General Discussion

General DayZ discussion

DayZ media

DayZ Server & Admin Forum to discuss server hosting and modification. No advertisement.

1. 79736

1. 1307

Other fields such as config changes, texturing, audio, animations etc.

1. Mod Announcements & Info

Latest major announcements and features on your favourite zombie survival mod!

Guides, tutorials, videos...Oh my!

Post your DayZ Mod photos and videos here!

DayZ Mod Server & Admin Forum.

Any suggestions? Put them here!

1. MiniDayZ   (80153 visits to this link)

• Recent Posts

• I’m not arguing breath control. I’m saying nobody takes a deep breath and holds like this game represents. You shoot at the top or bottom of your breathing pattern. I don’t understand what we are in disagreement about. Maybe language barrier?
    • Do you have experience with firearms or hard recoil pneumatic weapons? If you are try next time use breathing control and compare the accuracy. That was the point not more and not less so mechanics is quite accurate to the real life. And it shows how will your hands will shaking when you are in rest state and when you are tired. Like am with gun in you hands and then pick on your back 20kg/20lbs sand for 30 minutes and try again aim and shoot you'll find that something had been changed and then you will able to find why breath controlling is in the game and why is it important for shooters.
    • I honestly couldn’t make sense of what you are saying. You say you disagree and then describe breathing patterns. Not sure what you are on about.
    • Is the fishing news just a new fish? Really ?
      But improving fishing activity first, since you can't fish from piers and rocks, and often even from the shore it's difficult to activate the animation? wouldn't it be better?
      In reality, the fishing activity should be activated EVERY time you aim your sight at a piece of water, even from a bridge if you want... this is how it works in RL. 🤨
      P.S.
      Take a look at this "gebsfish" mod, maybe hire the programmer:
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2757509117 😉
    • Mate I can't agreed with you about breath control. As shooter from firearms, pneumatics and airsoft guns I can shure you breath comtrol is very important stuff in controling the firearm, better aiming technic, it works the same way as correct operation with the firearms trigger. If you properly controlling breath circle, properly processing triger release (before and after the shot) you can increase the accuracy in dozen times, same as returning back the firearm after shoot's recoil that's increasing your readynes for next shot and allows you keep your shooting more accurate then without controlling of breath and other stuff. Simply say if you think that you will shoot the same ways whn you shoot in prone, in standing and after 2 miles with gear about 30 kg or 28 ponds trust me there will be a huge differences in results! So no, I'm not agreed with you point about breath holding. But I can agreed with you about stamina understanding in the game. That's true that's stamina recovering too fast in the game then in real life and truth that shooters trying to make breath holding in fast way (more shorter way), but to be honest one way when you shooting in safe environment (shooting range) or even at the hunting when the bear or duck didn't get AK/M4 and will not send back 30 rounds in your direction, that's the main problem, same as I can agree with point that we have some kind of super solders in the game (the game needs the suppression mechanics for decreasing the accuracy and stamina when someone shooting in you)...
    • But haven't you yet realized that this (beautiful, unfortunately) game is a very complex arcade that passes itself off as "realistic"... but that in reality it is just a very complex arcade that is becoming more and more "arcade FPS" ?!?
      There's no point in complaining about a "realistic inaccuracy" when everything else is absurd, grotesque and out of all reality!
      Just think about the consumption of materials, shoes, equipment... the infinite hunger of the puppet who seems to have a tapeworm in his stomach... and the impossibility (on purpose, unfortunately) of putting the curtains where they are needed (the curtain I need it in a deserted forest with uneven terrain, not on a road or in a square... Developers: have you ever been camping in the woods and NOT on a beach? Have you ever seen a tent pitched uphill ? and on bumps and ditchs?!? I assure you that in RL it is possible!!!), same thing with the fences... but also the management of the vehicles (which still don't work!!!) but think about your car: when you enter you don't the pockets or backpack disappear (which should be removed and placed on the back seats, not held on your back to go beyond the seat) and from the car you can drink, eat, shoot out the windows, lean out of the windows and shoot (many games do this , it's NOT impossible!), I'd light a cigarette and smoke, if one drives, the others can do maintenance on their weapons, take care of themselves, feed themselves... in RL it's NORMAL!!! In this game it is IMPOSSIBLE!!!
      And many other things that don't come to mind right now.
      I understand that an "unrealistic recoil" could be annoying, but... in the meantime I remember that DayZ should NOT be a "War FPS", but a complex game about "survival from a pandemic"... therefore the "realism of weapons " (although important anyway) should NOT be in first place... first there should be everything related to "survival"... hunting, fishing, makeshift constructions, repairs, recovery of materials and restoration of equipment, shelters, etc ...THAT should be the primary focus of the game developers' care...
      However, I understand that even imperfect "weapon accuracy" can be annoying... but how serious can a "grain of sand in the eye" be when EVERYTHING else is moribund?
      And the "doctors", instead of serious treatments, cyclically offer handbags, hats and theater masks?!?
      My 5 cents.
    • The trouble is that's the support airfield. Fastly created for landing small aircrafts, when NWAF & Krasostav AF is considered for supporting for landing of C130. So basically Balota isn't airfield it's only the support military airstrip that's not to be considered as something special. It shall accept only small planes like An2 and all copters, but nothing more. (No special sensors for landig & autoguide systems)...
    • This would depend on the amount of development. If we continue to grow and the popularity is in favor, i see no reason to stop it 👍
    • Join the Ultimate Survival Experience at CHAOS Deathmatch #1 - |1PP| VANILLA + FEATURES Are you ready to face the ultimate challenge in DayZ? Look no further! CHAOS Deathmatch #1 offers a thrilling, balanced, and feature-rich environment for all survivors. Why Choose CHAOS Deathmatch #1? Enhanced Gameplay Mechanics: Experience DayZ as it was meant to be played. We've fixed the damage and shock system to ensure fair and realistic combat. Exciting Loadouts: Start with high-quality gear and a chance to spawn with rare items like grenades, pox vials, and grenade launchers, adding an element of surprise to every respawn. New Custom Play Areas: Our server isn't static. We're constantly developing new custom play areas to keep the environment fresh and exciting. Stay tuned for these game-changing additions! Active Community & Feedback: Join our Discord community where you can connect with other players and provide feedback directly to our admins. Your voice matters here. Special Events: Participate in thrilling airdrop events that are balanced to ensure they’re valuable but not game-breaking. Be the first to secure these coveted supplies! Expert Development and Support: Our knowledgeable server developers and dedicated staff work tirelessly to provide the best experience. Every update and change is thoroughly tested before being implemented. Looking Ahead: If our community thrives and the feedback is positive, we are ready to expand! We plan to launch additional servers, including ones focused on base-building, allowing players to experience more aspects of DayZ. Our goal is to cater to various playstyles while maintaining the high-quality features and support you’ve come to expect. Join us today and become part of a community where survival, strategy, and skill are put to the ultimate test. Connect Now: Server Name: CHAOS Deathmatch #1 - |1PP| VANILLA + FEATURES Discord: https://discord.com/invite/a92BDMfGby Prepare yourself for the chaos. Survive if you can. Thrive if you dare. Welcome to CHAOS Deathmatch!  
    • It was supposed to be an abandoned army camp or at least an old site of such. First the war, then the infected - all that was left was garbage left in a hurry.