Sign in to follow this  
ThirdSinger

No loot, or do I just suck?

So I've read that I need to constantly eat/drink to stop from going unconcious.

Well that's all fine and dandy except for the fact that I've searched over 20 buildings and my only find is a fire extinguisher.

Am I looking in the wrong places or something? Because the rate at which I'm apparently expected to eat food is going to be impossible to ever meet at this rate.

Loot spawns at server reset. That's it.

You need to spread across the map, scrounging for what you need to survive.

No more hitting up Cherno and being loaded to the teeth with food and drink.

Good job Rocket, stick to your guns. Less loot is what DayZ needs.

• Like 15

Okay, well, seeing as how I probably won't be able to get on right as servers restart due to work, I guess I'll just have fun running around with a flashlight and passing out after roughly an hour.

Guess I'll probably just have to stick to the mod.

• Like 6

There is a fuckton of buildings to enter..i doubt that the server will be fully looted in a short time. People are just going to have to get outside of their bubble of Elektro/Cherno..good shit.

• Like 8

And from what I can tell so far people are pretty terrible at looting, I'm going through places after people and finding magazines and matches and all sorts of important shit.

EDIT:   Also, what Het said... go places you've never been before, thats what myself and other seem to be doing to their advantage.

Edited by TheLastEmp
  • Like 2

I've found two cans of soda, a rain jacket, and a hat(an ugly red knit winter cap). I hope loot doesn't only spawn when the server resets because that would be supremely unfair to those of us who can't get on when the server restarts.

• Like 2

i played for 1.5 hours (from spawn to town) searching EVERY building/barn... didnt find a single item.

felt like dayz2017.. boring as fuk...

this loot scenario is hopefully just an idea they are trying.. and go back to a more normal loot spawn idea thats more fair to everyone who plays not just those luky enuf to catch the server at restart...

• Like 6

ummm is that for real ??

so basicly if u dont catch a server when it just restarted, theres basicly no point in playing there ???

There is plenty. You need to leave the coast. Everyone logged into new servers and pillaged the coasts immediately. There are a lot of servers and I doubt everything has been picked clean.

• Like 4

Of course there are going to be people who will just loot shit and dump it just so others cannot have it..you may have to travel far and wide..apocalypses of any nature are not meant to be fair :)

• Like 2

Less loot is ok. Loot at server restart is shit. Hope this is only a alpha solution.

• Like 4

Of course there are going to be people who will just loot shit and dump it just so others cannot have it..you may have to travel far and wide..apocalypses of any nature are not meant to be fair :)

Games ARE meant to be somewhat fair.

Less loot is ok. Loot at server restart is shit. Hope this is only a alpha solution.

exactly... all its gunna do is start a trend were people learn a servers restart schedule, login and load up then, and avoid the rest of the time...

i hadnt even heard this before, and im stunned who thought this was a good idea ?

i knew loot/zombies spawned at server restart, but i wasnt aware thats the only time is spawned...

I can't travel far and wide.  I feel tired.  I want to take a nap.  I feel thirsty.  My mouth is dry.  

• Like 7

Games ARE meant to be somewhat fair.

Not this one :)

• Like 8

Not this one :)

hopefully the whinging is ignored and we can continue with a fucking hardcore game. 

loot at restart is great, it means that survival might actually be hard (when was the last time any of you starved or died of dehydration in the mod? what's that? not since your first week? ok, cool.) because you have to scavenge, not just run into a town and wait for loot to spawn. i doubt people are going to only play when a server restarts, because that's extremely sad, and let's face it, unless you have no life, you play when it's convenient to play. 

it's day 1, give it a bit more time before you start whinging that it's too hard to find stuff, it's not the mod, forget everything you knew, and learn this game. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 5

Hello there

Im adoring the scarcity of loot and the rareness of zeds.

When they do show up i almost wet myself and end up just being able to sneak away or having an epic fist fight.

Im sure it will change but i like it like this. Feels like "The Road"

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

hopefully the whinging is ignored and we can continue with a fucking hardcore game. 

loot at restart is great, it means that survival might actually be hard (when was the last time any of you starved or died of dehydration in the mod? what's that? not since your first week? ok, cool.) because you have to scavenge, not just run into a town and wait for loot to spawn. i doubt people are going to only play when a server restarts, because that's extremely sad, and let's face it, unless you have no life, you play when it's convenient to play. 

it's day 1, give it a bit more time before you start whinging that it's too hard to find stuff, it's not the mod, forget everything you knew, and learn this game. 

You keep using whinging...I don't think it means what you think it does.

No one would be playing this is they didn't want a hardcore game. What I want is a fair game that doesn't reward those who can be on at a certain time.

• Like 2

loot at restart is great, it means that survival might actually be hard (when was the last time any of you starved or died of dehydration in the mod? what's that? not since your first week? ok, cool.) because you have to scavenge, not just run into a town and wait for loot to spawn. i doubt people are going to only play when a server restarts, because that's extremely sad, and let's face it, unless you have no life, you . 

I guess you don't get what people are complaining about at all? The loot at restart completely breaks the game for people who can only "play when it's convenient to play" because all of the people who have no life will have emptied the server before they can even get on ... especially when the servers start getting to be like 100+ players. If you don't think people are only going to be playing at restarts just to farm loot you must be new to the internet.

• Like 2

You keep using whinging...I don't think it means what you think it does.

No one would be playing this is they didn't want a hardcore game. What I want is a fair game that doesn't reward those who can be on at a certain time.

You are right.

I´m sure that Rocket toled in a interview (was it gamestar?) that the goal was that server restarts are not needed anymore. (They can run for months without restart, something like this was the quote.)

Hope this is still the goal.