psychopigeon

every server is dark

<OrLoK says: Temp pinning.>

I've tried servers in different countries where it is day time right now, still pitch black in game. Hopefully 24/7 day time servers appear asap.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

I've tried servers in different countries where it is day time right now, still pitch black in game. Hopefully 24/7 day time servers appear asap.

Some people said they have found daytime servers, but haven't heard any servernames baout that yet.

Other than that most servers appear to be nighttime.

• Like 1

its a crazy learning curve.. just put in my first 1.5 hours.. got attacked on sight buy some poo heads..

• Like 1

I turned my brightness up to the max...

it was basically day :)

god dammit.  :facepalm:

• Like 23

Wow. It just took less than 6 hours to seperate men from boys that are afraid of the dark. Congrats. 24/7 daytime server are worse than cancer.

• Like 22

Nighttime would be fine if there were chemlights & flares, or if you spawned with a flashlight. The SA is simply leagues behind where the mod was a year ago.

Nighttime would be fine if there were chemlights & flares, or if you spawned with a flashlight. The SA is simply leagues behind where the mod was a year ago.

You do spawn with a flashlight.

• Like 26

Are the servers permanently night or is it on a cycle?

Hello there

It will be on a cycle AFAIK. There may be bugs.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

they def. need to give us a choice about finding servers that are day or night...

some people prefer to play in daylite...

See I don't think it should be a choice where you can just hop between servers too stay in daylight, that defeats a lot of the survival aspects, in truth I also wish there was a way to prevent people from just cranking up the gamma to get around it.  I think a day\night cycle of 6 hours would be best.  That way even if you play at the same time each day, every  days you get the opposite of what you had before.  This way people who always play late at night will get to play in daylight and vice versa

The only thing I hate about the night which is why I hope the cycle is not a full 12 hours is so I can see the graphics in all their glory.  But if your playing DayZ with 24/7 day your not playing dayz, may as well just add a gun and unlimited food and drink so you can play what you really want which is COD with zombies.

P.S.  The you is not meant as you specifically more of a global you for all those who would want 24/7 day

Edited by Waelhreow
  • Like 17

they def. need to give us a choice about finding servers that are day or night...

some people prefer to play in daylite...

Is there where I quote Dean saying something about people not liking how harsh the SA might be and he hopes they don't sign up right away?

• Like 9

See I don't think it should be a choice where you can just hop between servers too stay in daylight, that defeats a lot of the survival aspects, in truth I also wish there was a way to prevent people from just cranking up the gamma to get around it.  I think a day\night cycle of 6 hours would be best.  That way even if you play at the same time each day, every  days you get the opposite of what you had before.  This way people who always play late at night will get to play in daylight and vice versa

The only thing I hate about the night which is why I hope the cycle is not a full 12 hours is so I can see the graphics in all their glory.  But if your playing DayZ with 24/7 day your not playing dayz, may as well just add a gun and unlimited food and drink so you can play what you really want which is COD with zombies.

P.S.  The you is not meant as you specifically more of a global you for all those who would want 24/7 day

its ok, my feathers aint ruffled..

but i do prefer 24/7 daylite... i just find dayz nitetime EXTREMLY UN-FUN... the artists spent alot of time making the game world, sorry but i wanna see it..

if i wanted to play in the dark, id just leave my godam monitor turned off..

• Like 3

im still not understanding how this dark/daylite system is working..

im playing from Western canada when its dark.. but if i join a server in europe (were it clearly is daylite) its still dark for me..

will it be daylite for people in europe playing on european servers ? im bloody confused how no matter where on earth i try to join its dark on every server..

Here's how the day night system works.

Look outside your house. If it is dark or will be soon, then it's likely dark in game. If it's light outside or will be soon, then it's likely light in game. It's not that hard of a concept, stop crying because your easy mode servers are not in standalone. Night and day are on a 24 hour cycle, live with it and play around that knowledge and use it to your advantage.

Here's how the day night system works.

Look outside your house. If it is dark or will be soon, then it's likely dark in game. If it's light outside or will be soon, then it's likely light in game. It's not that hard of a concept, stop crying because your easy mode servers are not in standalone. Night and day are on a 24 hour cycle, live with it and play around that knowledge and use it to your advantage.

It doesn't appear to be a 24 hour cycle anymore.  I was playing from 3pm-6pm on a server in my timezone and it was pitch black the entire time.  The same servers are still pitch black when I logged on a few minutes ago.  I'm not sure how the system works, but it doesn't seem to be going by the server's timezone.  It doesn't bother me all that much since I like playing at night, but it is something I've noticed.  A lot of servers seem to be night time 24/7 as far as I can tell.

When the gamma and brightness sliders are locked and people do not have predator vision then I will gladly join a night server.

Reason why people prefer 24/7 daytime is because everyone sees the exact same thing and arent abusing slider settings.

• Like 2

I find this real time light/dark cycle to be a little ridiculous as it greatly favors people who don't have to work or go to school during the day and seems to make the game unfair for those who do.

On top of that many of us would only be able to play during night hours, and I'll say it's been hurting my eyes with the grey scale so far.

• Like 2

All-Night sucks.  It forces me to gamma jack to be on even footing and makes the game look like shit in the process.  Due to my timezone and the time I play I have a 24/7 night experience.

This game needs to ditch the 24 hour cycle and go with something like 4 hours so a player could experience both in one sitting.