ThinShifty

Really Bad Frame Rate

Lol sucks to be you...

No but in all seriousness, are you playing at your  native resolution? 100% 3D resolution? What GPU do you have? Have you tried setting shadows/terrain/textures to "High" ? Have you edited your .cfg or launched DayZ with additional start up parameters?

Do we know what launch parameters that works? And what to edit in the config for the SA? 

In the mod i was running 25-40FPS at high settings through out the whole map, in SA I ony got 12FPS on very low. And that was just in Electro.

Diffrence between them is that I was running every launchparameter/config setting known to man.

Inb4 alpher, not optimized. Nor is my laptop a beast, I know. Speccs:

i7 2670qm 3.1ghz

Nvidia GT630m 2gb @ 780mhz/990mhz(org. 672/900)

16gb 

Samsung 840 EVO SSD(running in "raid" with ram thanks to magician)

Edited by carlj

Lol sucks to be you...

No but in all seriousness, are you playing at your  native resolution? 100% 3D resolution? What GPU do you have? Have you tried setting shadows/terrain/textures to "High" ? Have you edited your .cfg or launched DayZ with additional start up parameters?

The resolution does not matter. Funnily enough it has a lot more to do with object detail, texture quality, and post-effects like AA and most of the special rendering features.

It is usually a bad sign when lowering your resolution from 1920 x 1200 to 640ish does absolutely fucking nothing. (Actually it adds a few fps, but not enough as it should.) Lowering resolution should ALWAYS increase your frames by quite a bit, as there is literally no way to tell your GPU to work less hard than to tell it to render less fucking pixels. If that's not the case you have some bad optimization going on.

I think the higher detailed buildings really are the cause of most woes.

Edited by Ozelot
  • Like 1

I'm having the same problem as well, three actually. One is that the only framerate difference is if I put it on very low or disabled graphics quality, I get a framerate between 30-50 (the same between the two). Then if I change it to normal to very high I get 10-20 fps. My pc is pretty good and I should be able to have it running on normal. The quality features (post process, AA etc) is all disabled/off. This problem happens when I'm looking at a town or a few buildings. When I'm looking straight down at the grass, my framerate will increase another 20fps which is great but not helpful if im looking at the ground all the time...

The second problem is viewing certain objects decreases framerate. It's mostly larger buildings in the distance causing this.

The third problem is while this is all happening, every 5-10 seconds I get a framerate hiccup lasting a few seconds then returning to normal framerate. I know my videocard is a bit out-dated but I'm sure it doesn't deserve to have to use very low quality; or maybe it is outdated because it only has 1280mb on the GPU?

Core i7 2.8ghz

470GTX

16gb ddr3

240gb corsair force GT SSD

Windows 7 home x64

Not gonna lie. The mod ran... pretty terrible for me. The SA does actually quite well (on normal/high settings). I'm quite pleased knowing they didnt realy focus on optimalization yet. 

Even Clementine looked happy at one point!  B)

Edited by Grumpy Monkey

I'm getting good fps on my old radeon 5770 atm. I've had up to 40 fps on it, surprisingly. I had to adjust a bunch of settings but it's going well atm. I'll be getting my new graphics card tomorrow though.

Edited by Swordfish

Im getting superior fps to the mod on an old system (or it feels so), any version of the RV engine has always been hard on systems, im expecting it performance to be similar here.

Can you please post your system and game settings?

I have an FX-8350, 8GB memory, HD7950 and an SSD. The game runs like crap at 1680x1050 even with postprocessing disabled. Arma 2 runs way smoother and looks way better, apart the fancy sun.

I do know it's alpha, but the engine ain't new.

Do we know what launch parameters that works? And what to edit in the config for the SA? 

In the mod i was running 25-40FPS at high settings through out the whole map, in SA I ony got 12FPS on very low. And that was just in Electro.

Diffrence between them is that I was running every launchparameter/config setting known to man.

Inb4 alpher, not optimized. Nor is my laptop a beast, I know. Speccs:

i7 2670qm 3.1ghz

Nvidia GT630m 2gb @ 780mhz/990mhz(org. 672/900)

16gb 

Samsung 840 EVO SSD(running in "raid" with ram thanks to magician)

I'd suggest upgrading to a GTX650 as soon as possible. :)

I'd suggest upgrading to a GTX650 as soon as possible. :)

OfT

There is a  Asus ROG Mobo, i5 4670k, Gigabyte GTX770 OC, SSD 250x2 in a FD Node 304 case AKA "Nuclear Microwave" in the making/ordering, but wont be able to finish it until after christmas :( . So thats why I was asking. 

OnT

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-fix/

Edited by carlj

I can't get -winxp working. "Error: Device reset failed, error 8876086c"

Check out these 2 videos for soem FPS increases. Gave me a noticible difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxtCFr_bWc

I think this helped me to get some fps. Need to watch those values more later.

I can't get -winxp working. "Error: Device reset failed, error 8876086c"

I think this helped me to get some fps. Need to watch those values more later.

Did removing -winxp solve it?

Did removing -winxp solve it?

Naturally because it's the cause of that error. Just wanted to say that the -winxp might not work for all people.

What settings are best to have on IN GAME guys, Dayz Mod was very strange with higher textures meant higher frames, does this still apply to the Alpha? :)

My system is a Phenom X4 965 

GTX 660 (non TI)

Naturally because it's the cause of that error. Just wanted to say that the -winxp might not work for all people.

Just wanted to clarify, so i can put it in the tread i made :)

Guys, noticed how the guys with i7 still get bad framerate? maybe the problem persist from the mod...

I have an i7 and my frame rate is very good, alot better than was on the mod,  and im running the standalone at full graphics settings, even in cherno it runs nicely.

I have an i7 and my frame rate is very good, alot better than was on the mod,  and im running the standalone at full graphics settings, even in cherno it runs nicely.

What graphics card and amount of RAM do you have?

I have a i7 4770k, 8GB RAM and a GTX 670, and im having <30 fps in cherno and electro. When i get off the coast though i get 40-60. Maybe it drops down to a bit under 40 sometimes in towns/in bigger houses.

My settings are normal, and I have lowered many settings from the text-file (in Dayz folder under My Documents). Turned off ambient occlusion and similar settings...