boneboys

TEMPORARY TROUBLESHOOTING TOPIC

Having the same problem but am yet to hear back. Up vote this and we can get it looked at http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=796

Just remember that use "Set to default" after you made your character and you should have the new apparance when your current character dies. (source: Tested myself.)

can not open door curser has changed to full stop .can pick up items just not open  doors or climb.

Also i have fallen on to rocks and can not mve waiting it out to die as i can not respawn :(

You are on the wrong server (wrong version), there was a update today, some servers have not updated yet. One of the issues if you join wrong version and you have new update version is doors wont open.

Thank you for the information, i will wait for tomorrow to try the servers again. 

hey guys, today i tried to spawn and i arrived in house without exit door. then when i tried to reconnect game crashed every time. how can i delete my character and continue to play? or can i do something with it?

Just some tipss cause ive been playing for a while:

Tear shirts and clothes to make rags, these act like bandages.

Tin openers needed with the drag and drop system to open food.

If you break your legs relog- worked for me

Be very careful with ladders, when you get to the top sometimes i fell right to the floor

About 15 minutes after I spawn, I get teleported back to a previous location and can't move or open the menu. I've tried verifying the game, re logging, trying different servers and nothing seems to work.

• Like 1

Hello all.

I was trying to log into the bug section but I got errors constantly and I really need help. 

I can't seem to see what people say to me on direct chat. They can see what I type but there's no way for me to see what they write to me. I'm able to see my own text.

What is causing the problem and how can I fix it? I'm sure I'm not the only one. I tried reinstalling many times, respawning and vertifying the cache. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hello all.

I was trying to log into the bug section but I got errors constantly and I really need help. 

I can't seem to see what people say to me on direct chat. They can see what I type but there's no way for me to see what they write to me. I'm able to see my own text.

What is causing the problem and how can I fix it? I'm sure I'm not the only one. I tried reinstalling many times, respawning and vertifying the cache. 

Merged with the Troubleshooting topic.

Hello all.

This happened to me once, I'll never forget the solution AmberHelios gave me, biggest WTF moment in Arma ever.

One question, do you have a microphone available in the Windows volume options?

Edited by BadLuckBurt

There's a bug where you can be launched off ladders and die. Especially the "tower" part of firestations.. If you go to the ladder from the top and mount it to climb down, your character will sometimes fall to the ground, then appear to grab the ladder properly, then "you have died" will pop up and screen goes black. I am assuming this has something to do with a desync between the server and client..

I logged off to take a break for a bit and when I logged back in I was under the floor of the building I was in.

Is there a way to respawn or get unstuck (the respawn button is greyed out).

I logged off to take a break for a bit and when I logged back in I was under the floor of the building I was in.

Is there a way to respawn or get unstuck (the respawn button is greyed out).

Merged with Troubleshooting.

So I purchased DayZ Standalone on Monday like everyone else and it worked flawlessly. However, the next day I wanted to continue play from where I left. As usual I came to the main menu after starting the game and proceeded to press the 'Start' button in order to join the last server I played on. When I pressed the button my screen suddently froze and after half a hour I went to taskmanager to see what is going on, the status of DayZ.exe was "not responding". I then attempted to kill off the program through taskmanager, but with no luck. I was forced to do a reboot because everytime I attempted to kill the running .exe it would just ignore it and keep going, but I would have the in-game cursor and not be able to press or open any other programs on my desktop.

After the reboot was done I tried again, but this time I chose to find a different server and went in to the server browser after pressing "Change Server". There were no servers at all so I tried to press the "Internet" tab on top of the browser and doing so caused another freeze exactly the same as above. The only way for me to actually play now is to join through friends by pressing "Join game" on their user in Steam.

I have managed to play occasionally by joining friends and so far I actually love it, especially the focus on survival! :) This "bug" is however extremely annoying as I am forced to wait for friends to start playing.

Edited by SxS

I had the same problem yesterday, except i could see all servers in history, friends and favorites. The internet tab did not show any until suddenly after a few hours of trying. The main problem now is that we need more servers running, it was very difficult to get server spots for all my friends, it's no fun playing alone against all those aggressive gankers!

one of my friends has managed to ram my character into a walk while i was eating food and i am unable to get out i have tried killing my self i have tried drinking pure alcohol we have tried to get people to shoot me i am total stuck and cannot get out here is a image this is at balota air field in the in a un-enterable room next to the prison cell.

IMG_0175_zps246373e8.jpg

Please check the feedback tracker to see if an issue exists if it doesn't then create a new issue or if it does then vote it up so the developers can see it's a common problem.

A list of important bug/issues that the developers are already aware of can also be found on the DayZ Forums:

Known Issues

Any additional images of the problem in question is always appreciated (if possible) and can be added by using the 'Upload File' section within a bug report.

Cheers

one of my friends has managed to ram my character into a walk while i was eating food and i am unable to get out i have tried killing my self i have tried drinking pure alcohol we have tried to get people to shoot me i am total stuck and cannot get out here is a image this is at balota air field in the in a un-enterable room next to the prison cell.

Merged with Troubleshooting.

Can't see other people talking in direct chat but they can see mine. I can see my own text.

A few things I've noticed which may have already been posted, but I'm at work and don't have much time to read 6 pages lol... apologize in advance!

Here is my list of items that should be worked on:

1. Zombie clipping - Zombies walk through walls.  I tried escaping from some zombies and went into a house, closed the front door and ran out the back while closing the back door behind me in hopes to give a little delay to the zombie, but nope.  Ran right through it all lol.

2. Unconscious -  I got knocked unconscious because of a zombie and while on the floor my body was dragging itself forward.  When I would come out of unconscious, my body just kept dragging itself and the zombie would come hit me again and knock me back out.  This happened over n over like 4 times and I finally just hit respawn to kill myself.

3. Melee - I know the dev team knows that melee is pretty much out of wack.  Especially with any wep other than an axe.  Also, please allow a right hand option for holding the axe.

4. In-game VOIP - I logged in and could hear this one guy talking and breathing in his mic.  He wasn't near me because I heard him throughout the whole game, I had to mute VOIP.  Some of buddies across town heard him too while others didn't.  Weird. 

I only got to play for about 2 hours, but that's what I remember bothering me the most.  It was actually a pretty good experience... I would say 3 out of 4 players I ran into were actually friendly.  

Thanks for the SA!!!!!!

Edited by twinturbonet

This happened to me once, I'll never forget the solution AmberHelios gave me, biggest WTF moment in Arma ever.

One question, do you have a microphone available in the Windows volume options?

Sorry for the late reply, I do yes. Should I disable it?

Sorry for the late reply, I do yes. Should I disable it?

No problem. You shouldn't disable it, the problem for me back then was that I had no mic on the soundcard I was using which broke direct chat in the way you described. I could see what I typed without problems but could never see what others typed. I fixed it by installing Virtual Audio Cable and using the Line-in from that as a pseudo-mic.

When you go to the Recording tab of the Volume Mixer, which device is selected as the recording device?

Aye.. I'm having that issue where no servers show.. Selected Internet tab, made sure the filters were good, verfied my game cache plenty of times, have updates set to ASAP, not in any betas, re downloaded my game about three times now. Still nothing :/ Also noticed that my characer is not showing next to my menu when after clicking the "I understand" not sure if the two are related. Any known solutions or ideas would be very much appreciated :)

No problem. You shouldn't disable it, the problem for me back then was that I had no mic on the soundcard I was using which broke direct chat in the way you described. I could see what I typed without problems but could never see what others typed. I fixed it by installing Virtual Audio Cable and using the Line-in from that as a pseudo-mic.

When you go to the Recording tab of the Volume Mixer, which device is selected as the recording device?

http://imgur.com/4eHluYs is what I currently have