Pathfinder (DayZ)

Melee Bugged?

Well I've died twice now because melee doesn't have any range, litterally can't hit a zombie standing as close as possible without going through them. Is this just me or is it a known bug?

Well I've died twice now because melee doesn't have any range, litterally can't hit a zombie standing as close as possible without going through them. Is this just me or is it a known bug?

Have you been trying indoors? It barely works indoors as you will hit the ceiling.

It's also a bit off to the left. Try looking a bit to the right.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

I found a hatchet today, and I have to say melee is fabulous! Just stay clear of friendlies :)

I found a hatchet today, and I have to say melee is fabulous! Just stay clear of friendlies :)

The fireaxe works best for me and is 1 hit kill on Zomberinos. :)

I was going to creaEt the same thread about the melee situation.

I found a screwdriver, a shovel and hatchet; I couldn't kill 1 zombie with the first 2, and had to die (bleeding) to kill a zombie with the hatchet...

I 'hit' the zombie with less than 1m range and it doesn't get the hit...

Screwdriver? No way I could hit something with that. :P

Anyways, the game is looking really good, I cant way to the Day Light as all the servers I log in are night time. :P

Edited by #Knight

I found a screwdriver, a shovel and hatchet; I couldn't kill 1 zombie with the first 2, and had to die (bleeding) to kill a zombie with the hatchet...

I 'hit' the zombie with less than 1m range and it doesn't get the hit...

Did you actually hear it hitting the Z? It's a bit of a muffled noise as if you were punching a pillow.

I tried to swing an axe at a zombie. The animation happened but it didn't even hit the zombie. There was no sound of it hitting the zombie. It just swung at air. Multiple zombies and multiple people. I swung the axe running to the left and right and it eventually did hit the zombie though. Not before he hit me 200 times.

Edited by noey jerd

Melee feels fluid, but the range not.

Have a hatchet currently, and it has like no range, I always get hit before killing a zombie. Also following the crosshair is a bad move feels like you swing down towards the right. Can you control how you swing that I'm not aware about?

Not to compare games, but No More Room In Hell has some nice melee combat, would probably fit in this game, being able to swing fast and slow.

I noticed it swinging to the right as well. When I positioned the axe and the zombie to the right of my screen the same thing happened. I waspushing against the zombie and couldn't walk any further and I was still missing.

Went up to a wall with a splitting axe and yes it hit to the right of the crosshair. wide right. super weird. 

The arc is about 0,5m above the weapon like this:

Syosxly.png

This is why you can accidentally hit walls or roof with your melee weapons and not hit the zombie in front of you because the attack stops before it can reach the target.

• Like 2

The arc is about 0,5m above the weapon like this:

Syosxly.png

This is why you can accidentally hit walls or roof with your melee weapons and not hit the zombie in front of you because the attack stops before it can reach the target.

This breaks it down beautifully

at this time, the only thing I can kill a zombie with is bare hands.

Wrench, shovel did not hit the zombie.

They do for me, though it's fairly hard to figure out and get used to.

They just do ridiculously low damage.

This breaks it down beautifully

Was goign to give beans, but I'm all out. :(
Edited by kichilron

I used the wrench and hatchet. Noticed that the "stance" had a world of difference. My typhical is forward hit and then back away before the retaliate

Well it was still swinging to the right and not hitting anything but when you press space to "raise" the wep or whatever then it hit where the crosshair was. I guess that is all it was... It is just different from the flashlight. You have to raise it like a gun to point it forward but with a melee weapon, for it not to swing to the right, you technically have to "unraise" it.. If that makes sense......

The short version... press space bar

Edited by noey jerd

I tried a pipe wrench and baseball bat....  inside no hits at all.  Outside with the bat I got like 4 hits before the zed knocked me out...then he and his buddies feasted on me...lol

I feel like Im hitting the zeds with wads of paper.....