Bron89

Unconcious

Time for a little update from my side.

After getting unconcious within 2 hours of playing last night, the same happened to a friend.

After we waited it out nearly an hour we respawned and played a lot safer.

Which means, we took several breaks just sitting in a building.

Apparently this helps, we had quite a lot of breaks and we are still fine after 4 hours of travelling around.

Sadly the servers went down at that point so we called it a (good) night.

So I'd say try this out, we ate and drank quite a bit, but not as much as most people seem to do here I think.

Time for coffee and impatiently waiting for team to wake up..

(Not from unconciousness but RL sleeping ofcourse)

Edited by Bron89

ok I gave up and re spawned.

Now Im taking a different approach. Im never sprinting unless it's an emergency. Im just jogging. When my character gets out of breath , im stopping and resting until his heavy breathing stops. When Im exploring houses etc im walking.

Everything obviously takes longer. BUT I seem to be going ok. FAR fewer annoying text messages. I managed to go quite far in land without any food or drink, finally found a can of soda and that seems to have kept me going.

Initially it's frustrating but I'm quite enjoying the slower pace now, I'm looking around more and taking things in more.

We will see if I just pass out anyway :) 

• Like 1

I haven't fallen unconcious once yet, but my friend has multiple times, the difference? He runs EVERYWHERE while I walk, there might be a bug present, but for now. Less running, more walking.

Seems to me like its intended, to prevent people from running everywhere without pause.

• Like 1

Yea, I am wondering about the "feeling dizzy/tired" etc. I eat and drink all day, yet I am always tired but there is nowhere to lay down/sleep. No matter how much I eat or drink I am thirsty/hungry/feeling woosy or whatever; and no, I am not talking about eating rotting food or whatever. Just canteen water from a well and cans of beans, tuna etc...Am I doing something wrong to remain healthy in game or is this just something they are working on?

Also, is there a wiki with all of the controls etc? It doesn't seem exactly the same as the mod, I noticed a guy talking about crouch walking versus sprinting. My guy either full out sprints or walks slower then shit. Any references or a guide on what keys do what? That would be great.

Edited by pyrochyde

Yea, I am wondering about the "feeling dizzy/tired" etc. I eat and drink all day, yet I am always tired but there is nowhere to lay down/sleep. No matter how much I eat or drink I am thirsty/hungry/feeling woosy or whatever; and no, I am not talking about eating rotting food or whatever. Just canteen water from a well and cans of beans, tuna etc...Am I doing something wrong to remain healthy in game or is this just something they are working on?

Also, is there a wiki with all of the controls etc? It doesn't seem exactly the same as the mod, I noticed a guy talking about crouch walking versus sprinting. My guy either full out sprints or walks slower then shit. Any references or a guide on what keys do what? That would be great.

You crouch by pressing X.

Edited by Bron89

Yeah, me and all my friends are nominally unconscious.  I'm waiting until the issue is hopefully fixed, been logging in intermittently to check my status, still unconscious.  Not hitting respawn goddamnit.

Edited by Spacehogking

Please fix this, or remove it completely until a fix is available, this isn't acceptable even for a pre-alpha .. it's like crashing randomly and lose your stuff every X minutes (i mean it's not fun, neither if you just spend your time for exploring as you need to walk back again each time, respawning from the other side of the map).

Saline bags do not always work, used 3 on one guy who had just been running too much. The unconsious state needs to be removed until people know why its happening. Also has anyone discovered a good way to rest besides just eating and drinking a lot.

Passing out constantly,

_Walrus

yea i think becoming unconscious needs to be removed for now. I haven't gone 30mins without it happening and i'm not waiting around for up to an hour until i regain consciousness, especially as i cant alt+tab as the game crashes. It happens even if i regularly eat and drink. Resting is fine but considering its a huge map to explore, and the game currently wants me to rest every 2mins... plus when you start a new life if you are hit by zombie - bleeding - can fall unconscious after just a few hits and if its a new life and you don't have the correct gear yet well then your screwed (As I just experienced after exploring elektro for gear for 30mins I couldnt get a backpack, so only had 2 bandages on me, eventually a zombie knocks me unconscious.. unless im supposed to keep server hopping to get the gear..)

Eat and drink, Cans of drink fulfil energy AND hydration.

Rice and Powdered milk raise food but LOWER hydration.

DON'T sprint.

If you cant carry any more food eat what you find, keep your levels up.

This works.

Hello there

Ever been knocked out in real life? Theres no timer. :)

Just respawn!

Never get attached to your gear.

Rgds

LoK

I've actually passed out from fatigue. Was out maybe five minutes at the most, but it was a long time ago so I don't remember fully. As for concussions though, been knocked out twice. Woke up after about 10 seconds.( Of course, that depends on severity of the concussion). and btw all three times i saw the text "You are unconscious", and I can confirm there is, in fact, a timer irl when unconscious lol.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

Saline bags do not always work, used 3 on one guy who had just been running too much. The unconsious state needs to be removed until people know why its happening. Also has anyone discovered a good way to rest besides just eating and drinking a lot.

Passing out constantly,

_Walrus

Agh!  I'm sorry I wasted your time.  I'm 2 for 2 in it working.

As for passing out, this is the situation that befell my group.  I got into multiple fights from Kamenka to Elektro to meet up with my peeps.  My vision was blurred, I could only make out shapes of moving objects.  I ate and drank every rotted, ruined, worthless food and drink I could find.  I never satisfied my hunger once.  I ran from Kamenka to Cherno, back to Balota, back to Cherno, back to Balota, and then to Electro, and then to Guglovo.  There were 4 of us.  I gave them all the good food, and when I ran out of bad food (before leaving Cherno) I stopped eating and drinking.  We took regular rests.  3 out of 4 of us passed out before Guglovo.  I was the remaining guy.  Without eating.  Without drinking.  Running for 5 hours straight.  With no blood because I fought every player and zombie I had to.

Don't ask me, I don't get it.  My guess is that passing out is a %roll somehow, but the bug of staying passed out makes that unacceptable.

Edited by Twinsen72

Eat and drink, Cans of drink fulfil energy AND hydration.

Rice and Powdered milk raise food but LOWER hydration.

DON'T sprint.

If you cant carry any more food eat what you find, keep your levels up.

This works.

I went through very similar steps just now and it didn't worked for me. Spawned on the coast near Tulga so went there and got a backpack filled with gear, perfect conditioned fruit, water, soda etc. Headed to Solnichy, regularly drinking/eating combinations of everything - no rice or milk though, but tuna and cereal instead. Looting the buildings next to Solnichy and pass out.. its not even a long journey but I rested regularly along the way (had to answer the phone so got a long rest in) and didn't sprint once out of fear of passing out. 

At the moment its too regular and kinda game-breaking, every life I have had has ended this way and this time I thought I was doing it all right. Need a hotfix to remove it for now imo

• Like 1

OK so I just passed out about 10 minutes ago.  I'm going to wait this out and see how long I'm out for.  I'll let you all know how long it is.

Please make this game more realistic again.... I shouldnt have to what every 3 min... I shouldnt pass out after 30 minutes of running and die forever!?!? I know this is work in progress but I hope in the future I dont have to deal with repairing my base every day or having to eat EVERY 5 SECONDS REALLY? I pretty much continually eat and eat and drink and drink and still pass out. There is not enough loot to keep me alive out there I hate having to go in my inventory every 5 seconds to eat or drink something. I have spent and will continue to spend lots of money on bohemia products. I would like to say this is the first bohemia game I get decent FPS on!! Congrats on that one a little more client performance and i might actually not lag in the cities.... Dayz is my favorite game of all time.. Please make more realistic in any ways possible. ALSO p.S. PLEASE BRING LEADERBOARDS!! (Leaderboards for everything but especially for heros. 

here's the problem... You find 20 articles of clothing and pens and other non-sense for every 1 food item you find.. I was unable to properly eat cans of food.. It just says "receiving", but I was able to eat fruit.. I was starving so I decided to eat rotten bananas.. not a good idea.

you need to fin a can opener for non ring-pull cans and dont eat rottern things

Alright, then how do we avoid getting unconcious?

We were eating and drinking plenty.

After 2 hours I felt unconcious, and 15 mins later so did my friend.

Might be the rotten fruit curse.

I wrote about it in this topic:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154480-the-status-text-messages-i-feel-ruin-the-immersion-and-are-not-intuitive/

Everything is blured for me now because I haven't eaten or had anything to drink for hours, but still I'm not going unconsious and just stays alive. Can't respawn because the respawn button is greyed out.

And because of the blur, I can't find a zombie to kill me ^^

Everything is blured for me now because I haven't eaten or had anything to drink for hours, but still I'm not going unconsious and just stays alive. Can't respawn because the respawn button is greyed out.

And because of the blur, I can't find a zombie to kill me ^^

Change your gamma in any direction.  Fixed?

This may help a little with WHY we are passing out so much -

http://dayzdb.com/

But it doesn't tell us how much energy/blood/water we start out with in SA, and doesn't change the fact that once you're unconscious, there's no getting out of it (except with a bloodbag reportedly)

Problem still needs to be addressed further.

Edited by El Lobo