OrLoK

Beginners Guide.

If you can't see any servers make sure you have "Internet" selected at the top then hit refresh, it seems to be set to "LAN" by default

ss%20%282013-12-16%20at%2009.34.20%29.jp

ss%20%282013-12-16%20at%2009.34.35%29.jp

• Like 18

Make sure you get your torch up in your hands using the spacebar. That way you can lower it again as well.

To craft rags drop your Shirt you spawn with on the ground, look at it and tear it into rags. This will place them in your inventory, from where you can drag them into the hotbar. Now select it from where, scrollwheel and select "Bandage yourself"

Added to the "Finding Server-Problem": If you don't know what server you're on but your friends want to join you - that's possible via Steam now, as there's the ability to.

Best change regarding servers from the mod for me. :)

Maybe time to "LoK" and eventually add - maybe have people contact you to help out?

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 8

please how I put baseball bat in hands and doing melee with fists? :huh:

It's the same key "Spacebar" while having nothing in your hand to get your fists up in combatmode.

To get a weapon in your hand have it in your inventory, then drag it onto the hotbar, press the according key displayed on your hotbar and then again: Spacebar!

• Like 2

So... I've tried this "click on internet tab than hit refresh" thing, but I'm still not able to find any server on the servers list. Any help? Ty

Have you tried changing your filters?

How do i regain health? i got hit by a bat by another player but i managed to escape him.

Find a bloodbag and use it, that should get your blood back up. So does consuming food I believe.

Find a bloodbag and use it, that should get your blood back up. So does consuming food I believe.

food doesn't  :)

hey guys. many many reports on reddit that still no servers visible after pressing internet, checking filters and refreshing etc. any ideas? 

- Clear local files in steam

- Clear game cache

Edited by Gaint
  • Like 1

Hi folks!

If I tear my shirt into rags, does it destroy the shirt?

And does not wearing a shirt have any consequences for my health?

I hope the answer is "yes" to both :D

MB

If I tear my shirt into rags, does it destroy the shirt?

And does not wearing a shirt have any consequences for my health?

Yes, obviously.

Can't say anything definite, but I would assume it affects your temperature, as that's something rocket has been discussing for some time.

Hey, I made a settings guide, This should help people too!

"object" quality settings doesn't change the individual objects quality... it's the number of objects on your screen... 

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

Related to that, how does one quickly put bat away and switch back to bare hands. I can go into inventory and press the "X" (close) on that bottom square and then back out of inventory and character goes back to bare hands from whatever he was holding before. But is there a single key press way to do this? without having to go into inventory?

I ask this too because fisticuffs seems to be the only somewhat reliable way to fight a zombie if you don't have an axe or gun. People are saying they like the melee once you get used to it. But I'm having a hell of a time. Anyone have any tips for melee with bats, extinguishers etc? 

Drag the item you want onto your hot-bar. Once it's there, hit the key you put it on and your character should bring it out. From there you can hit [space] to raise and lower it. [space] will also raise and lower your fists.

• Like 1

Use 'space' when equipped with the flashlight to point it directly in front of you. By default, you hold the flashlight as if you were cradling a weapon. If you're flashlight isn't orientated properly, use space.

Combine a gas burner and blue fuel tank to create the gas lamp. Warning: extremely bright during night, may provoke a reaction from zeds or other players. Drop the lamp while in your inventory and you can toggle it on and off without holding it.

Clothing can be torn into rags and used as bandages.

The fire extinguisher is only melee right now. (Needs a spray option rocket!)

• Like 1

Related to that, how does one quickly put bat away and switch back to bare hands. I can go into inventory and press the "X" (close) on that bottom square and then back out of inventory and character goes back to bare hands from whatever he was holding before. But is there a single key press way to do this? without having to go into inventory?

I ask this too because fisticuffs seems to be the only somewhat reliable way to fight a zombie if you don't have an axe or gun. People are saying they like the melee once you get used to it. But I'm having a hell of a time. Anyone have any tips for melee with bats, extinguishers etc? 

If you have an item on your hotbar and have it in your hands, just press that key and it should un-equip it and leave you with empty hands.  Then just press space to raise your hands and punch away.

I've only used a shovel and the fire axe for melee, and I did have a bit of trouble with the shovel, but that could be due to it being the first thing I killed a zombie with.  Not sure about baseball bats, but I would assume it just takes some practice.

• Like 1

Ok dumb question, but I have a FNX45 pistol and it had no ammo so I went to here which said that the FNX45 pistol takes .45acp ammo. I recently came across 33 bullets of the necessary ammo but my pistol is still out of ammo. I've tried the "combine" method of ammo into pistol and even placing the pistol in my hand and reloading. No luck in either.

Is there something I should be doing?

Ok dumb question, but I have a FNX45 pistol and it had no ammo so I went to here which said that the FNX45 pistol takes .45acp ammo. I recently came across 33 bullets of the necessary ammo but my pistol is still out of ammo. I've tried the "combine" method of ammo into pistol and even placing the pistol in my hand and reloading. No luck in either.

Is there something I should be doing?

you need a magazine, and then you can combine the bullets with that, then the mag with the gun.  i was lucky to find 2 pistols and 3 mags tonight :D

on a different note, if you get sick, is it just antibiotics that can cure you? or is there any other item(s), or is it possible for it to go away?

• Like 1

Sometimes I hit the internet +refresh +fiddle with servers, and it just won't work. Only solution I have found so far, is restarting the game (and steam).

Then usually it works straight away!

Hell ow,

I just wanted to confirm, that north star mechanic also works in DayZ Standalone.

(Idk, how to add "Spoiler" button :/)

dayznorth-star.png

• Like 3

I'm sick, it says "I'm light headed", what can I do?

You need to eat some charcoal pills (if you got sick from eating rotten food).  Those will soak up the toxins in your belly.  You might also try drinking water at a well/pond till you vomit.  Then you could drink some more water after to replenish your liquid levels after vomitting.

Hopefully after fires are implemented, we'll be able to start a fire and let it burn for a bit and then put it out and eat some of the charcoal off the burnt wood to take care of this type of thing without having to find rare charcoal pills.

If you got sick from something else, hypothermia or infection from zombie, you need anti-biotics.

Edited by Cinnabuns

So yesterday I broke my leg falling 4' off the stairs in one of the barns.  Sucks that's not fixed yet, however I didn't give up.

You think if you were running around a barn and stumbled off a 4 foot drop that you wouldn't break or sprain anything?  It's not a bug that needs to be fixed, it's a feature, and one of the more realistic ones if I do say so myself.