rocket

Another Quick Update 5 December 2013

fiiiiirst!

Not first to read, but first to notice :D

Be assured, i'm a fast reader ;)

EDIT : Alright, read it :P

Seems good Rocket, I have faith in you. See you in the Alpher then?

*grabs his arm* Step aside! A train will come right through any moment now!

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 2

I missed probably my favorite new "win" of the day, which was getting a working pistol holster into the game (chest holster). That was a high point, and allows us to do "proxy in proxy" enabling us to put slots on backpacks to further extend the carrying capacity of survivors (i.e. two melee item slots on the outside of backpacks).

• Like 41

Do you guys already have an idea of how extensive the "must be fixed" list is?

Possibly a dangerous question in case it gives people the wrong idea on release windows but I'm more or less just after an idea of how big the "must fix" problems are.

• Like 1

I missed probably my favorite new "win" of the day, which was getting a working pistol holster into the game (chest holster). That was a high point, and allows us to do "proxy in proxy" enabling us to put slots on backpacks to further extend the carrying capacity of survivors (i.e. two melee item slots on the outside of backpacks).

Will different placements affect the time it will take to switch to an item? As in will a compass stored in your pockets be quicker to get out than a compass stored in your backpack, even if they are both on the hotbar. The stuff you mentioned kinda seem to support something like that!

I love micro managing stuff. What can I say.

• Like 2

This is going to hype people up to think it will be released tommorow

We'll be doing a full review of server performance tomorrow based on tonights metrics and make a decision regarding the server performance.

ok new plan load myself up with gear all covered in molle webbing and cover myself in holdesters, the walking armory!

Do you guys already have an idea of how extensive the "must be fixed" list is?

The list is not long, but sometimes the simplest sounding problems can present the hardest earned solutions

Will different placements affect the time it will take to switch to an item?

Not for alpha, but it's something we want to do. We have to watch this kind of thing, because it all happens in a large world - the more things going on the more states that need to be tracked - which means more checking and less performance and especially more things to go wrong.

• Like 2

With each update, it feels like the impending release is being nudged back further and further...

Whilst I'm glad for the update, my excitement is becoming hard to contain.

• Like 1

I guess if they ignore this part you're right:

The real challenge for us now is to figure out what must be fixed versus what can be left until after alpha and redone from scratch properly.
Edited by AnarchyBrownies

Tomorrow  ^_^ 

Around what time will the decision be made?

I guess if they ignore this part you're right:

I think you and I both know that people will ignore that part and just focus on the part about tommorow's review.

• Like 1

Dammit stop getting my hopes up, I am getting pissed by people always saying that.

It feels like YESYESYESYESFuck

I JUST WANA KNOW WHEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Rocket, please tell us WHEN....lol

All this suspense is driving me mad!

Another juicy update from Senor Rocket!

Many thanks!

I feel like I'm poised to spawn on Chernarus+ any moment!

:lol:

Update appreciated.

I think there may still be a shot at 2013 based on absolutely zero hard facts or knowledge of how these things in fact 'work'.

Rather than say "it has a shot for a particular date" I hope people are really thinking "it has a shot for a decent state". Because that's what matters most, I think.

• Like 10

Rather than say "it has a shot for a particular date" I hope people are really thinking "it has a shot for a decent state". Because that's what matters most, I think.

And it rhymes, which matters to me. Edited by SJKSJK
  • Like 2

The list is not long, but sometimes the simplest sounding problems can present the hardest earned solutions

I can imagine! Thanks for the reply. Excited for alpha release and being able to reward the team with money.

Also, I found out today its not quite as simple as me pushing a button to go live (disappointingly and perhaps naively, I literally had an image of me pushing a button). But there are some parameters to be worked within.

• Like 11

I still dont think that those who have been following the game since early enough and actually know what they are getting into will complain whether or not its in a decent state. Of course you will still have the people that complain no matter what state the alpha/beta/release comes out in but theres not much you can do to please them IMO.