rocket

Quick update for 4 December 2013

just cat wait. Tested a few games now (both closed and open testing) so cant wait to add this to my repertoire. 

Never played Skyrim or crysis, but arma 2 had awesome graphics. combine that with the chernorussian feel and it is unbeatable imho

...you've never played Skyrim?  

I must advise you purchase this game NOW and get playing.  Skyrim is probably one of the best single player games I've played and I joined the PC gaming world in 1994. 

We need to close one of the two threads so I don't have to F5 two pages...

"Quick update for 4 December"

or

"December Round-up."

F5'ing two pages is too crazy.

Edited by twinturbonet

CAN YOU JUST TAKE MY MONEY NOW???!?!?!?!

MONEY.jpg

Edited by erocean

I think I am going to take Rocket's and the admin's advice.  Many of them suggest that you don't buy right away. 

I am having tons of fun playing other games right now.  I think I will wait till some videos come out before I buy.  But then again, testing the bugs would be fun in its own right.  But performance could suck. but it would get better.  but It could spoil the experience when the good content is added.  

I am torn.  

I think I am going to take Rocket's and the admin's advice.  Many of them suggest that you don't buy right away. 

I am having tons of fun playing other games right now.  I think I will wait till some videos come out before I buy.  

I am torn.  

Me too !  */preparing his credit card*

Hello there

If one takes into account that it is a TRUE Alpha (or whatever its status on release) then folk should not be too disappointed.

Research is key.

Watch those vids, read those reviews. Be patient, dont just throw your cash at the screen and expect Crysis 4.

A vast amount of work has been done, but IMHO the game, whilst not in its infancy, is definitely an angsty late teenager. (Like Matt)

I cant wait for a public release, but  I know what to expect.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Thanks for the update, Rocket. But I'd just like to say - I'm not buying it. The game, that is, not the update.

I loved the mod when it came out, but that was a good while ago and I've moved on to other things since then. I could only play so much of the mod before the glitchy zombies finally put me off.

I've been through the 'neverending alpha' thing with the mod, and it sounds like that's what the SA is going to be too.

Good luck and I'll maybe see you down the road.

I am having tons of fun playing other games right now.  I think I will wait till some videos come out before I buy.  But then again, testing the bugs would be fun in its own right.  But performance could suck. but it would get better.  but It could spoil the experience when the good content is added.  

I am torn.  

I agree.  I don't think you should buy it either.

<_<

So when can we play it? Or help test it?

• Like 1

I wonder why these sad, angry people still come here so frequently... Really, why?

Just ignore them unless they really have valid points. ATM all i hear from them is speculation and misinformation. Gummy can be a bit of a negative nancy sometimes but i think in theory you need peole like him but only if it's constructive and when the SA is actually out. You can complain easily about something that isn't even out yet.

Edited by IHombreI
  • Like 1

So when can we play it? Or help test it?

Hello there

You'll be able to assist when its publicly released with feedback and bug reports.

Rgds

LoK

99 little bugs in the code

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code

That's how it goes :)

• Like 10

They should take a leaf out of the Classics like “Elite” who could give the impression of a whole universe in something like 12K, yes 12K!!!!!

Mathematical it was a work of art, they crammed ever last it of performance and space by learning to let the program take short cuts. procedurally generated. A single seed number is run through a fixed algorithm the appropriate number of times and creates a sequence of numbers.

Hello there

I too am a fan of PG stuff and am amazed we dont have more PG worlds/dungeons to roam around in.

There's a few out there, but not many of note/originality.

Perhaps this best of in a thread of its own?

Rgds

LoK

I agree.  I don't think you should buy it either.

<_<

I have put hundreds of hours into Arma 2, Arma 3, and DayZ.  I think I am needed to be a  tester.

• Like 1

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code

That's how it goes :)

best first post is best

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 3

best first post is best

Haha yeah ;) never had anything to say...i'm just a silent reader who stalks this forum since dayz mod was released :)

I think I am going to take Rocket's and the admin's advice. Many of them suggest that you don't buy right away.

I am having tons of fun playing other games right now. I think I will wait till some videos come out before I buy. But then again, testing the bugs would be fun in its own right. But performance could suck. but it would get better. but It could spoil the experience when the good content is added.

I am torn.

I thought about this too. But I am informed and aware of the state of the game and I'm buying it.

The tears of the misinformed however, will be delicious.