rocket

Quick update for 4 December 2013

Finally we hear from you again rocket! good news!

FIRST COMMENT #YOLO #SWAG #420BLAZEIT #INSOUPTIONFANCLUB2013

Edited by Henryllex~

Rocket, I must say that you're very thorough with everything about the Standalone and it's greatly appreciated to see that from a video game developer and I don't normally say this but as of now, I wouldn't worry too much about the state of the game. It's about confidence on the project and commitment to resolving issues and providing feedback in which you guys are doing a great job of. In example of Project Zomboid, it's much easier for them since it's a single player game and DayZ will be entirely multiplayer is what this must be taken note of in case others haven't noticed :)

I only have one question; how many testers(In total, could be an estimate and anonymous) are participating in the pre-alpha testing builds?

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

Sounds awesome! I really wish I could something more to say in response but...I can't think of anything so have a bean! :)

I only have one question; how many testers(In total, could be an estimate and anonymous) are participating in the pre-alpha testing builds?

Brian or Matt would have the exact numbers, but the numbers dramatically increased after we succeeded in hitting 50 players. I would say, at a guess, over +150.

• Like 5

Thanks it really all sounds like good news to me!

I appreciate the update greatly!

*snip*

Overall, the mood on development is quite upbeat. We're all pretty tired, as it has been very late and long working days. We had a new programmer and new designer start this week, and some assistance from the ArmA3 team to prepare the creation of our own audio team. We're looking forward to getting the Alpha out into Early-Access.

*snip*

*choo choo*

• Like 3

Brian or Matt would have the exact numbers, but the numbers dramatically increased after we succeeded in hitting 50 players. I would say, at a guess, over +150.

Appreciate the quick answer. Thanks! :)

Thanks for the update, Rocket. It's good to hear from you, confirmation that you are in-fact, alive!

As a long-term fan of DayZ, I'll definitely be a part of the early-release community! 

Most of what we're asking has been answered in this, which is always nice. Two questions, however:

When will cars be implemented and what type of cars are you bringing in? Elaborating on this further, are you going the polished-military route or rusted and broken look like in DayZ Origins?

Finally, the question you hate the most, but I'm asking it anyway. when can we expect the Alpha release?

Edited by NyanRyan

Since when is the URL called dayzgame and not dayzmod? (I never noticed)

Also, keep up the good news rocket, hope that you will find a fix for the zombies.

Are you going to take a nice break after this Rocket once alpha is out? :)

This calls for a second round of climbing Mt. Everest ;)

• Like 1

This calls for a second round of climbing Mt. Everest ;)

South pole next, maybe K2 after that

• Like 9

Rocket does make a very good point, this is going to be a very bare bones game on launch with lots of issues, those that really just want to enjoy a smooth experience and not have to complain should defiantly wait till the full launch of this title, don't kill the game for yourself while it has its bugs and then not want to return when its finished because of the experience you have had in the past.

nice work rocket and team, mammoth task ahead that you are making short work off. *tips hat*

• Like 3

Rocket does make a very good point, this is going to be a very bare bones game on launch with lots of issues, those that really just want to enjoy a smooth experience and not have to complain should defiantly wait till the full launch of this title, don't kill the game for yourself while it has its bugs and then not want to return when its finished because of the experience you have had in the past.

nice work rocket and team, mammoth task ahead that you are making short work off. *tips hat*

This man speaks truth, it is wise to listen to him.

also Hai Se7en! <3

Pffft K2? You need to climb some real mountains Dean! Come to Scotland and I'll take you up Ben Nevis. ;)

• Like 2

15000 loot items were using 1 FPS, that's right - just 1!

"oh sweet why is this bad news?"

But for some reason, 1000 zombies (despite all but 10 being at rest) were using a whopping 35 FPS.

"damn"

You better take this with you.

uJdcntX.jpg

• Like 5

If we buy the early access game will we be able to report back on issues anywhere or will it just be certain testers can do that?

I like the idea of testing the SA early and actually helping with its development (as far as reporting bugs counts as helping anyway) instead of waiting for a full release.

what stoppin ye from writin on forum(or some fancy BIS bug reporter) about bugs?

Edited by Felthat

So for someone like me who gets around 20 fps on the mod atm, will I be able to play SA with the same or better fps?

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it will be 'habbening' this year.

The unconscious timer is just a value to be changed right? And wasn't the alpha going to be released without zeds previously?(with is awesome of course)

Edit: I'll gladly help out by streaming and answering questions for those who are unsure.

Edited by PXXL

Well so far the bug reports are for the DayZ Mod. I am curious as to if a new subforum will be made for the SA or if its a different process.