Sign in to follow this  
Kastlefeer

50-70fps in ULTRA BF4, should I be fine for DayZ SA?

Kind of a stupid question but I was celebrating my latest laptop purchase as a success too bad BF4 crashes constantly. I'm really waiting for this game in fact. It's a i7 4700MQ & gtx770m 12gb ram lappy with win 8.1 ;D My old desktop 'puter was garbage for dayz, hope I'm set now.

Edited by Kastlefeer

Should run medium settings okay, I wouldn't expect to be pushing much further than that. The processor is a bit slow but other than that you should be alright.

Edited by mZLY

BF4 runs on 2yo ( console ) hardware that runs it on ultra settings with a few tricks...ArmA brings wannebe high end systems to their knees...it depends what graphics quality you expect. It will never run on ultra.

And only because a laptop has a very high CPU or GPU generation number doesn't mean anything to this game, M is like a downgrader not that it's worth nothing but you should expect to get what you buy.

No BF4 is optimized.

He's asking about DayZ Standalone, not DayZ Mod.

No BF4 is optimized.

He's asking about DayZ Standalone, not DayZ Mod.

Yes in a way where if you compare it to the PC version of BF4  you see how bad the overall graphic quality is a medium to longer distances. I doubt the SA will have better performance since they will use more of what they squeezed out of the system to spawn more loots and zeds.

BF4 runs on 2yo ( console ) hardware that runs it on ultra settings with a few tricks...ArmA brings wannebe high end systems to their knees...it depends what graphics quality you expect. It will never run on ultra.

And only because a laptop has a very high CPU or GPU generation number doesn't mean anything to this game, M is like a downgrader not that it's worth nothing but you should expect to get what you buy.

Actually, on the PS3/Xbox 360 it runs it at 720p with medium/high settings, it can't handle much further.

Should run medium settings okay, I wouldn't expect to be pushing much further than that. The processor is a bit slow but other than that you should be alright.

Dunno because the processor can go to 3,4 GHz in turbo. I think this rig looks fine.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Dunno because the processor can go to 3,4 GHz in turbo. I think this rig looks fine.

I don't think you understand how Intel boost works. He'll not see anywhere close to 3.4Ghz while running DayZ on that.