yazar8

Imitating zombie walking.

We should have some hotkey to imitate the zombie walking. When you press it you will holster your weapon and walk slowly. Just like a zombie. This way snipers that are up the hills will think you are a zombie and won't shoot. If they look close they would see you are a human since you have a backpack but if you imitate the zombie walking there's a slight possibility that they will just miss ya.

• Like 10

Genius.

Not sure if sarcastic...

I actually like the idea. The zeds might still kill you, but the idea is nice.

• Like 2

Not sure if sarcastic...

I actually like the idea. The zeds might still kill you, but the idea is nice.

My :beans: backs the intent to OP

So how will you stop a sniper seeing your backpack from 1000m away with a scope? And with most players running around in ghillies it's hard to fake...

• Like 1

plus the different models for players and zombies, you would pretty much have to dress up too, and then more than likely you will get attacked by a zombie anyway

So how will you stop a sniper seeing your backpack from 1000m away with a scope? And with most players running around in ghillies it's hard to fake...

Zombies could have backpacks too.

I wouldn't work is what I'm saying. I'd rather have a "play-dead" hotkey

Zombies could have backpacks too.

Yeah and with all players attacking other players and zombies anyway would it make a difference?

• Like 1

Yeah and with all players attacking other players and zombies anyway would it make a difference?

Players don't attack zombies, nope, they run around them, get into a building, exit the other side. They run them through a bush/tree or hop a fence and hope the zombie doesn't glitch through but has to run around. I know on a new character I did recently on a private server I had played for a couple days, looted a barracks twice and had decent guns/ammo/gear and had killed a grand total of 6 zombies which means I got cornered in a barracks once and had to actually shoot a few to get out. 

• Like 2

We should have some hotkey to imitate the zombie walking. When you press it you will holster your weapon and walk slowly. Just like a zombie. This way snipers that are up the hills will think you are a zombie and won't shoot. If they look close they would see you are a human since you have a backpack but if you imitate the zombie walking there's a slight possibility that they will just miss ya.

The zeds probably go by scent and appearance, Eg, looking at your eyes to see if you're one of them, I doubt they're gonna be convinced that you're a zombie just because you walk like them.

I wouldn't work is what I'm saying. I'd rather have a "play-dead" hotkey

Zombies wouldn't be convinced. They'd still come over and eat you while you were pretending, probably savaging your body once they say you breathing/blinking

not to be a buzz kill but im sure this has been suggested before. Either way im all for it, my main way of spotting a player amoungst zeds is the way they move. If we could imitate a zombie we could blend better. OK so its a risk....your moving slowly and an easy target. But it may just save your life if a sniper scans the town too quickly and writes you off as a zed.

Someone said about backpacks, I got an idea on this. Theres gonna be a lot of cloaths in SA right, so lets clad the zombies in the same sorta stuff we will be wearing. Then blending from a distance would be much esier. Maybe have some zeds carrying a pack to add to the confusion, the only real tell would be the rifle. But if we can pack that up int our packs.....man its got so many ways it could go right.....and so many ways it could go wrong :D

As for the sight smell thing, could we not rip off the walking dead a little (and I know this has been suggested before). But gutting a zombie and smearing some on you to mask yourself. It could even cause cloathing damage (unless you have some plastic sheeting or w/e to protect your cloaths).

Dunno if wel see it in the first alpha but should defo be added later on :D

• Like 1

I would actually love this. Just lower your visiablity and hearing, then boom, you can semi blend in. This would be a GREAT and very unique feature, that no zombie game has attempted. I would actually promote this, a lot.

Reminds me of how I avoid snipers in cherno and elektro.  I stash my backup and then start crawling.  I would look like a zombie to the average player unless he looked very closely at me.  

The ideal could work but you would probably need to do what I do with your backpack.

• Like 1

Zombies have blood and a lot of dirt on them. I think it'd be obvious to spot a zombie and player with the same animation if you were looking for it.

Maybe when players die, they simply reanimate (not the player).

So would this also work to get pass zombies as well not been notice from them? I love the idea I really do think that one would be a hard one to code for dayz.

You don't HAVE to wear a backpack, in SA you can store things in pockets/pouches so this would be more effective.

Seeing as they aren't traditional zombies* and more humans with a nasty case of the flu and munchies, they probably spot prey (normal people) based on their movement

Smell may play some role, but not much in my opinion. Most zeds probably don't smell that different from normal people (remember we don't have showers anymore  ;)), so they would ignore the smell anyway. They aren't undead either so many of them don't (yet) have rotting, worm infested flesh

*Because zombies can be killed by a normal shot to the body, in my eyes they aren't traditional zombies, or undead if you prefer

tl;dr good idea, I think it'd work pretty well

So would this also work to get pass zombies as well not been notice from them? I love the idea I really do think that one would be a hard one to code for dayz.

I don't know if it would work but maybe if you hit the key to imitate it does "this setcaptive 1" so things wont attack. Then if you get too close to a zombie sets it back to 0. There would be a lot more to the actual script, like identifying range for when it triggers the swap back to 0, but I got a feeling its doable ;)

I wish I could script, but it all confuses me so much. I can see what a script does by opening it up, but to write one from scratch.....id be getting syntax wrong all over the place. I wrote a rly simple one once for a halo jump.....didn't work. 6 hours later a guy at armaholic tells me I missed 1 comma and that was the problem lol

• Like 1

You could drop you backpack if you want to live you would give it up.

Also it would not harm the game letting you try to blend in I mean in SA you can have tons of clothes and because you have to find most of it and only chose basic stuff at the start,you could find some farmer clothes drop you back pack and then boom zombie!

Players don't attack zombies, nope, they run around them, get into a building, exit the other side. They run them through a bush/tree or hop a fence and hope the zombie doesn't glitch through but has to run around. I know on a new character I did recently on a private server I had played for a couple days, looted a barracks twice and had decent guns/ammo/gear and had killed a grand total of 6 zombies which means I got cornered in a barracks once and had to actually shoot a few to get out. 

I all ways kill zombies,I am not a No pvp guy I like pvp but I kill zombies all the time its fun to go to town with a AR or LMG.

This one time I was at blota in the air traffic tower and saw some guy running from zombies,(not killing them) and I thought I would help him out so I blasted the zombies legs out with my m4 and he got away.

Its pretty fun!

I all ways kill zombies,I am not a No pvp guy I like pvp but I kill zombies all the time its fun to go to town with a AR or LMG.

This one time I was at blota in the air traffic tower and saw some guy running from zombies,(not killing them) and I thought I would help him out so I blasted the zombies legs out with my m4 and he got away.

Its pretty fun!

Not worth the ammo or noise. Until I get an SD gun killing zombies is a losing proposition. Why? because the game makes them far to easy to deal with in other ways. Once I have an SD I will occasionally "pro-active" kill a zombie to clear it out of my path, hide the body, and move on.

Great idea. However I much prefer to use the "Middle Finger" Animation Rocket's implemented to the sniper then running off.