Sign in to follow this  
rocket

Quick update for 19 November 2013

Wow.  I thought the first trailer of that looked good.  This just looks fucking phenomenal.

Wow.  I thought the first trailer of that looked good.  This just looks fucking phenomenal.

tbh it seems to be too good to be true, but let's see...

how i mentioned the axe and being wrong handed here is how it should be for eg

That rock to the skull was fucking brutal. I've been keeping my eye on this one since I saw it in greenlit. Now if only it was multiplayer.

• Like 1

off-topic

Why is everyone accusing Salmander of being a fanboy suddenly  :lol:  He has been critical in the past.

On-topic

I just had a bunch of fun in Arma 3 yesterday.  It turns out ramming civilian cars with APCs is really fun.  Then I started practicing CQB.  Using some mods, the CQB in Arma 3 is top notch and really fucking fun.  I was playing as Spetznaz facing a Polish, and UN Force.  My Spetznaz squad took two casualties and the friendly squad of Russian regulars got mostly wiped out.  The AI did some smart things which impressed me a lot.  Once my team had killed the majority of the enemy, the remainders hid in a building.  I didn't expect this at all.  A automatic rifle hid tucked into a window and his rifleman friend covered the rear.  I nearly died when he opened fire on me.  Fortunately, the walls of the building were penetrable so I didn't have to go into flush him out.  Another enemy hid in a nearby ruin and ambushed my team.  The AI can use grenades intelligently and  can have good reaction times in CQB.  

I think people underestimate what the AI in Arma  is capable of.  Surely the Zombies will be worked out with time and some good old fashioned trial and error :) .

I am glad that the devs take their time in the long run.  If they don't think it is ready, then we probably shouldn't play it.

As much as I want the game to be ready now, it isn't, so crying for release is not productive and would just cause a lot rage.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 2

off-topic

Why is everyone accusing Salmander of being a fanboy suddenly  :lol:  He has been critical in the past.

Because I stick up for rocket, apparently that gives me fanboy status. Here's my distinction - criticize the game all you want, it doesn't matter, because it doesn't actually change what the game is. It's different when people are just going around making personal attacks on Dean (or the dev-team), calling him a liar or this and that, just because sometimes the development doesn't quite live up to his expectations or his hopes. At least he's honest about it.

It's like if I told someone "I'm gonna bake you a cake for your birthday!" And then my oven broke, and then that person went around telling all my friends that I'm a liar and a jerk because I didn't bake said cake. Just because the oven broke doesn't mean I purposely deceived you, it makes me unable to predict the exact future, just like everyone else in the world. Lol.

Back on topic -

Are the delays a little disheartening? Sure. Is information about the development disheartening? Heck no. It just shows that they are still working, still making progress. The only thing that a delay means is a better product on release. So why is that a bad thing? Whether we play it today, tomorrow, or a month from now, doesn't really change the value of the experience. It's the same reason most guys are terrible at game. We typically don't care about all the build up that leads to sex, we just want to skip to the end and get our nut. Well, life just doesn't work that way. The buildup is what makes the sex pleasurable in the first place. IMO, the absence of DayZ in my life is only going to make the Standalone that much more gratifying once I finally get to play it.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

Yep usually those who are calling other fanboys don't give facts and/or are attacking personally the dev team.

• Like 1

I will buy and play this game when it is released. :)

I will wait patiently for it. B)

I don't mind if the devs don't give me updates on the progress of the game as it will not sway my decision to buy the game when is released. :huh:

I don't want to have to watch the forums when it is released to see if it is playable, unlike another game I'm watching.  > :(

I bought BF3 before it was released and went through a time of patches crashes and other stuff that made it seem unplayable. :o

The game will come out when it is ready. And we will all be ready to play it. :D

:beans:   for everyone!!

good boy.*pats head*

srsly though this trainwreck of "developement" has been great fun

How do we get this game? This forest. http://survivetheforest.com/

Edited by JP__

Lol, okay. You can call me a "fan boy" all you want, but you're clearly scarce here, so let me fill you in. When rocket went media silent around September/October, all you saw on this forum were complaints. Now they give us information, and you say, and I QUOTE,

There is a difference between "feedback" and whining for no reason, and this is definitely the latter. And for the record, I wasn't calling you stupid. What I said was that if one really thinks that the devs are purposely trolling us, then one is fucking stupid. Try reading next time before you fly off the handle and dig yourself into a deeper hole by calling names when that comment wasn't really directed at you, if you don't believe that to be the case. And moreover, if you don't believe it to be the case, then don't post it.

Furthermore, there is a serious factual error here. They aren't telling us "how much they are enjoying the game" or "how good it is." In fact, every post from rocket that I've read has actually indicated that the game has some serious issues - I.E. not good. i.e. not enjoyable yet. That's the whole reason it isn't out yet, genius.

Man. That sounds soooo fun. My fanboyism is just getting ridiculously out of control when I read about collision avoidance and path-planners. Mmm. Makes my fucking fanboy mouth water. I'm getting a boner just thinking about all the programming and shit that has to go into that. /s

So here we are a month down the track. Still think I am whining when I said they should stop "teasing" content? I am sure you are the only guy on the forum who isn't frustrated though. Kill one bug create 3 more. See you in 2014

Why are people so unpatient? Don't we have the Mod to play with the time being? Too much thrill of anticipation? ;-)

Looks like Santa Clause is getting into real trouble if he comes with bare hands.

Edited by Ken Bean

This thread should be locked. move discussion on the more recent threads.

I honestly prefer these updates to automatically be locked; something like how the changelogs work on the forums as well but I could see why it's left for discussion to reduce the amount of topics.