Sign in to follow this  
rocket

Quick update for 19 November 2013

sorry for double post but rocket will you ever add horses or even consider it, i know it would be alot of work but would be a great mode of transportation.

I recall someone asking rocket this at a conference.  I believe he said he loved the idea, but it would be really difficult to animate - essentially, they'd have to mo-cap a horse.

I noticed that the guy in the most recent video seems to be a lefty... is this an indication that, perhaps, there will be "handed-ness" as an option in the game?  Or was that just the way everyone will hold an axe?

2 big updates in like a week, things look promising
hope we get to see a video of all of the added in stuff and placeholder placeholders

Edited that for ya and on topic #hypetrain.

NO no steak its

Alpher

NO no steak its

Alpher

Hence why there is a line through a and ER added to my edit.  Unless of course you are troll dicking my face off and I have not understood in which case I shall bean.

• Like 1

Haha, that strike through is so tiny on that "a"

• Like 1

Good morning,

as it is really hard to ask a question on reddit i try it trough the forum here.

Is the Gamma or rather are the Nights fixed now?

I mean as not being able to abuse it at night with just increasing the Gamma and you can see fine, making, chem lights, flashlights etc, useless and if you use them you are just an easy target for everyone. I read somewhere in this Forum that it is planned for it to be managed Server Sided and not possible to change.

Hence why there is a line through a and ER added to my edit.  Unless of course you are troll dicking my face off and I have not understood in which case I shall bean.

Alpher is a joke about Rocket's pronunciation of the word "alpha", yes?

Bean me up, Scotty!

• Like 3

Alpher is a joke about Rocket's pronunciation of the word "alpha", yes?

Bean me up, Scotty!

Righto good chap #beanAlpherHypetrain

All aboard...

• Like 2

"Zombies now use gestures instead of complete animations for attacking"   :)  yes yes yes... this could mean an absolute breakthrough...zombies will no longer stop and then finish a complete attack animation before moving again but instead trying to hit you while moving...awesome especially in combination with the new pathfinding  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Realized that a whole bunch of people equate sounds with change so some poor person on the team is going to have to do some extra hours to put placeholder placeholders in. It's a pointless task but if it makes people actually check for different mechanics then fine.

Damn you Reddit! taking hours away from me obtaining the SA!  >:( 

Server FPS is stable at the levels we have been testing (40-50 FPS with ~10 to 20 players, 15000 loot items, 1000 zombies). We had a very nasty stability issue relating to massive changes in the way the engine handles it's array of objects. Dynamic objects (anything made after mission start) were all handled in two very large arrays. The only way of checking them was to iterate through them. Simply put, we made a smart way of the arrays with a "dirty" and "clean" array. This removed significant overhead (orders of magnitude) but because it was a radically different approach we had severe instability. Appears this has been done.

Why don't you push the button Rocket?!  :D 

• I need to go back and focus some on the player flow from menu to ingame as this needs cleaning up as it doesn't really support the release yet.
  • Verifying the instability issues we had.
  • "Dress Rehearsal" needs to occur, which is an all-signing, all dancing test of a server.

Oh that's why..  :thumbsup:

So where are we?

• I need to go back and focus some on the player flow from menu to ingame as this needs cleaning up as it doesn't really support the release yet.
  • "Dress Rehearsal" needs to occur, which is an all-signing, all dancing test of a server.
Much more things as well but I'll try keep everyone posted when I can.

Doesn't sound bad. Remember remember... 4th December... ^_^

That dress rehearsal probably means 50 players on the server at the same time so let's wait for that.

So where are we?

Much more things as well but I'll try keep everyone posted when I can.

Finalizing the flow into game

Not holding up release

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1q7bcs/teased_tormented_abusedcome_on_rocket_and_co_give/cd9ycl1

WHYYYYYYYY

I'd rather a working game, with little to no bugs. Than a shitty game with tons of bugs any day.

Good job, looking forward to the SA.

Well, you have to keep in mind that the bugs and glitches will be there. It's Alpha.