oktyabr

Please read BEFORE posting

This is the "DayZ Suggestions" section of this forum.

It is meant for *suggestions* and replies in regards to the suggestion in the original post. Most of you understand that and are coming up with some very good ideas and conversations about those ideas. If you are one of those the rest of this post is not for you. Feel free to continue contributing in a positive and constructive way and have a nice day!

-----------------------------------------

For the those who are still reading here is how you post in this section without getting into trouble:

What is a suggestion? Can you start your post with a single sentence something like "I'd like to see (fill in the blank) added to DayZ."? If you can, great! It's probably a suggestion.

Have a good suggestion? Before you post it PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION at the top of the page to make sure it's original. If there are already threads about the same suggestion please contribute there instead of starting a new one.

PLEASE make your THREAD SUBJECT short and *specific* like "Suggestion: More ways to make fire!"... Not "Here is a bunch of stuff I want"

Replies to suggestions are good! This is how an idea changes, grows, and improves. With the thoughts and suggestions made by others. But for it to belong here it needs to stay ON TOPIC. If you don't know what that means you probably shouldn't post.

IF your suggestion or reply is about PVP/PVE it has probably been beaten to death already. Again, use the search function.

Thanks for your time and helping to keep our forums clean!

• Like 15

NO BUMPING!

With 10,000 forum members and growing this is a practice that could quickly lead to useless bump fests and new ideas would be swept away without even being read.

If a thread is very important to you feel free to include a link to it in your signature.

TIPS for keeping constructive discussion on your threads:

1) Make sure (use the SEARCH function) an idea hasn't already been completely ground into dust before. New, innovative ideas will stay on the front page much longer than yet another thread on bandit skins, firewood or Takistan.

2) Use a short, descriptive TITLE. Threads that have titles like "My suggestions" are generally ignored and make it hard for others to search for duplication.

• Like 6

Id suggest improving the Dayz forum search engine, make it something like google, so that we can search for forum posts, or replies, or even similar sentences, because most of the time its bringing back no info most of the time

• Like 4

^ This, I was going to suggest a better way of encouraging teamwork that doesn't piss off all the whiney Bandits.

Edited by Badhaggis

Please make a "Do Not Suggest / Make Topic List". The "Use the Search Bar" rule is too easy to brush off with excuses (I didn't find anything! I can't figure out how to use it!).

I have a suggestion, DayZ NEEDS to go solo, like minecraft, but, they should not just end DayZ on Arma II, what they should do is, start pitching ideas and making the new solo version, WHILE still updating this one, it may take a year or so, but when it is stable enough to take players you should open it up, then, close it down for Arma II, when it is ready, like when it is in Alpha, but make it cheaper than 30$, you will be rich enough charging 10-15-20. Please read this, think about it.

• Like 8

I have a suggestion, DayZ NEEDS to go solo, like minecraft, but, they should not just end DayZ on Arma II, what they should do is, start pitching ideas and making the new solo version, WHILE still updating this one, it may take a year or so, but when it is stable enough to take players you should open it up, then, close it down for Arma II, when it is ready, like when it is in Alpha, but make it cheaper than 30$, you will be rich enough charging 10-15-20. Please read this, think about it.

Exhibit A in the case for a DNSL.

Id like u see the using of mp5a ammo also to the glock17 for example, because its the same ammo

I am aware this isn't a suggestion thread, but I do have something to add to OP's post.

There are many topics that aren't about adding features but rather fixing existing problems.

These aren't suggestions

I am aware this isn't a suggestion thread, but I do have something to add to OP's post.

There are many topics that aren't about adding features but rather fixing existing problems.

These aren't suggestions

The "this isn't a suggestion thread" thing wasn't aimed at you, but the guy essentially using this thread to advertise his own thread/idea. Which is... goddamn annoying, since the idea itself means he didn't read the sticky - search bar.

Also, ditto. Half the suggestions are "Fix the bugs," which is not only annoyingly spam-ish, but goddamn insulting. "Hey Rocket, here's a suggestion you might not of thought of - fix the bugs that noobs like me post about every 30 seconds!"

Edited by thorgold
  • Like 2

thorgold, I know it wasn't aimed at me, but half way through typing my post I realised that in fact I myself was posting a suggestion where suggestions were'nt needed lmao

And yeah, my eye twitches a little whenever I read those topics about bugfixes in the suggestion board. Damned insolence I say!

• Like 1

I would like to request the Mods of this suggestions part of the forum to 'reinstate' the [sticky] "My DayZ wishlist thread" , which will hopefully take care of a lot of the huge lists suggestions... another thing that would be nice if double threads would be merged more often, and the other rules stated in this thread being somewhat enforced ...

Sorry if this has already been suggested I tried the search function for the word quiver and found nothing.

I would like to see quiver's in dayz

This one has been mentioned but I would like to add my +1 to more boxes of matches because its a frustrating one.

Edit; After reading above posts I figure out this isn't the suggestion thread and I see it consists of 222 pages... Mind is blown.

Edited by Donmen

Could the mods please consolidate similar threads (that are of any value)?

Would also be great it you added different sections to the suggestions board so that gameplay, bugs, pvp, pve and stuff come where it is supposed to.

Edited by Hulahuga

There's always a few threads titled "my ideas" or "my suggestions". Could we please have a rule that doesn't let people name their thread titles that, but rather have them title their threads specifically what their suggestion in the actual thread is? It would serve a few things easier, one being the search function.

Edited by charlietomato

If you read the rules there is already a rule that states: make titles short and descriptive ... now all we need is enforcement of the rules, but aslong as the title here says 'PLEASE read' i doubt we see a 'DO IT OR ELSE' attitude

It would be great if on a later patch or version of the mod we could find in-game clans and survivors and join them.

Edited by Euler98gr

Where I work, there is a an in joke that basically states the idea list is where ideas go to die. In other words, @dayz never existed on a list like this, it was simply done. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It's a shame, no-one actually reads this.

I would like to see the first bandit skin put back into dayz.

Oh the irony.