Ozelot (DayZ)

Auto-run button.

Its OK idea for convenience but I dont think it sould be put into DayZ. It would take away from the real-life aspect of the game and just make running places on foot to easy plus theres ways of auto running already, like putting a cell-phone on the up arrow. ;)

Edited by Hockeyguy
  • Like 2

Not trying to sound rude, but why do you want the game easier? Isn't that the fun part of the game? :/

Please explain for the audience what part of holding down one button is difficult.

• Like 2

Okay, put a dollar in the terrible suggestions jar.

As to why it's a terrible suggestion. you could just add -noPause to the start line alt tab and run forever without even having the game in focus.

Edited by icomrade
  • Like 1

Please explain for the audience what part of holding down one button is difficult.

Well, to you it seems like it is...

Well, to you it seems like it is...

No. It's simply impratical.

Okay, put a dollar in the terrible suggestions jar.

As to why it's a terrible suggestion. you could just add -noPause to the start line alt tab and run forever without even having the game in focus.

It's an awesome suggestion actually. No one feels like doing what you just said.

Edited by Ozelot
  • Like 1

We should probably also add auto-refuel, auto-loot, infinite magazine size so you never have to reload. All because they are tedious and impractical... NO

Edited by icomrade
  • Like 4

Ozelot in a nutshell.

So you have a problem with people playing the game how they want, but if someone intrudes on how you want to play, then you're exempt?

Proceeds to say the game should be changed because something is impractical in her opinion.

Edited by TheRedScare

We should probably also add auto-refuel, auto-loot, infinite magazine size so you never have to reload. All because they are tedious and impractical... NO

nice strawman

nice strawman

If it means anything to you, I think you're wrong too.

If it means anything to you, I think you're wrong too.

You have no argument, why should I care what you think?

You have no argument, why should I care what you think?

It makes the game easier because it takes out some of the realism.

In real life you have to move your legs to run. You can't just lean back and do nothing.

Simple: You press a single button once and you run forever. Push it again to stand still forever.

Sure you don't want "auto-aim", too? Or even "auto-shoot"? I mean it's bothersome having to press the button you know? I guess they have to make an "auto-game" for you...just press the on button on your PC... but i bet you don't want to to that either? :lol:

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

Have you tried placing a small tab of paper in between the w and e button so that the w stays depressed? That's what I do!

It should be in the game for ergonomic reasons imo. I don't believe it would detract from the experience in any way either. The realism argument doesn't hold here. Unless you believe we should have separate keys controlling each leg in order to walk.

• Like 4

It makes the game easier because it takes out some of the realism.

In real life you have to move your legs to run. You can't just lean back and do nothing.

Holding down a button doesn't require manual dexterity or mental skill or experience. It's just holding a button.

Sure you don't want "auto-aim", too? Or even "auto-shoot"? I mean it's bothersome having to press the button you know? I guess they have to make an "auto-game" for you...just press the on button on your PC... but i bet you don't want to to that either? :lol:

Slippery slope. This thing does not lead unto the other. Please try a little harder? I know the pony people are not known for great argumentative skills, but fuuuck.

Edited by Ozelot
  • Like 1

I think an auto-run button would be just fine. I doubt I would use it much, but it wouldn't hurt me in any way.

Comparing auto-run to auto-aim or saying it makes the game easier is absolutely bonkers. It doesn't make the game easier, it just makes your naughty finger hurt less.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

I just put a small, heavy object on the w key. Problem solved.

Mmmm, fallout has autorun and you can barely walk 10 metres without a giant fucking scorpion jumping out at you.

Maybe, I don't see why not. I'm not sure why everyone is being so negative about it.