Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Owen

Less Than Lethal Weapons

Does anyone think that the use of less-than-lethal weapons could find its place in DZS?

We're talking things like:

Mace

Pepper Spray

Tear Gas

Psychochemical Drugs

Various Chemical Agents

Rubber Bullets

Sticky Foam

Net Gun

LED Incapaciator

R.I.P. Cartridge

Tranquilliser Gun

Stun Belt (for restraining)

you're starting to get the idea.....

I understand that just killing someone isn't always going to be the best option, so lets have some variety in how we do that??

• Like 2

All of those would be cool but how to work them in without them being OP or not do anything would be tricky.

All of those would be cool but how to work them in without them being OP or not do anything would be tricky.

Pepper Spray-> close combat headshot required

Tranquilliser Gun-> close combat only, once used it's gone

And, like everything in DayZ SA, the things will be very, very, super rare. Finding them will be like winning the lollery (not a jackpot, but still).

Well the others, most of them are kind of exotic, I don't think you would find for example a LED incapaciator in Chernarus.

I think something like this would be neet.

Pepper Spray  makes your screen blurry until you can get to a water source.

20 mins of blurred reduced vision, once you use water or something like its reduced half the time.

Rubber bullet idea is great!

Give people that want a friendly reputation a way to still defend them selves.

Well the others, most of them are kind of exotic, I don't think you would find for example a LED incapaciator in Chernarus.

Very true.  Hoping that an improved crafting system may allow for some of the more exotic forms of less than lethal weapons.

20 mins of blurred reduced vision, once you use water or something like its reduced half the time.

Milk.  Water will just make it spread it around, better than nothing, but milk is suppose to counteract the burn.

I really like the idea and should definitely be implemented in DayZ. And rubber bullets should do a bit of damage, maybe equal to the damage zombies do.

Milk.  Water will just make it spread it around, better than nothing, but milk is suppose to counteract the burn.

This man is speaking the truth, just because he's a Mike .. or maybe he has some experience. 

Edited by ImNotMike

A solution of 50% liquid antacid (maalox) and 50% water works wonders on pepper spray and teargas.

I like the idea of weapons making you unconcious instead of killing/making you bleed. A blow to the head from behind with a baseball bat for example, or a very precise headshot with a slingshot, or some chloroform on a rug. I think it should work somewhat like this. You get hit, get unconcious for like 2-3 minutes, not seeing anything, maybe hearing maybe not. In this time the other guy should be able to drag your body, loot you, handcuff/tie you, etc.

Edited by h3l1x

A solution of 50% liquid antacid (maalox) and 50% water works wonders on pepper spray and teargas. I like the idea of weapons making you unconcious instead of killing/making you bleed. A blow to the head from behind with a baseball bat for example, or a very precise headshot with a slingshot, or some chloroform on a rug. I think it should work somewhat like this. You get hit, get unconcious for like 2-3 minutes, not seeing anything, maybe hearing maybe not. In this time the other guy should be able to drag your body, loot you, handcuff/tie you, etc.

I think the baseball bat is a bit of a risk, if you compare it to a real life situation a good hit with a baseball bat to the back of the head can kill you.

Does anyone think that the use of less-than-lethal weapons could find its place in DZS?

We're talking things like:

Mace

Pepper Spray

Tear Gas

Psychochemical Drugs

Various Chemical Agents

Rubber Bullets

Sticky Foam

Net Gun

LED Incapaciator

R.I.P. Cartridge

Tranquilliser Gun

Stun Belt (for restraining)

you're starting to get the idea.....

I understand that just killing someone isn't always going to be the best option, so lets have some variety in how we do that??

mace=peperspray

havent you watched jackass? if you put water on your face when peper spraed it just spreads is the peper spray water gets on you lower areas... fire crotch. The water takes it and spreads it

I think all these ideas are gret but they'll need to have pretty simple countermeasures e.g. Any liquid lessening and after several doses, removing the effects of pepper spray. OP, you make great arguments and are making sensible contributions.

+1

Finally a use for the cows other than just for the meat.  :lol:

• Like 1

Finally a use for the cows other than just for the meat.  :lol:

Woman has milk 2

• Like 1

A solution of 50% liquid antacid (maalox) and 50% water works wonders on pepper spray and teargas.

I like the idea of weapons making you unconcious instead of killing/making you bleed. A blow to the head from behind with a baseball bat for example, or a very precise headshot with a slingshot, or some chloroform on a rug. I think it should work somewhat like this. You get hit, get unconcious for like 2-3 minutes, not seeing anything, maybe hearing maybe not. In this time the other guy should be able to drag your body, loot you, handcuff/tie you, etc.

Your post started to sound kinky for a second there...

• Like 1