r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

When are you adding the .50s back in??

They'll never come back in. There is a reason why they were removed from DayZ.  Some other DayZ mods still have 50cals in, for example Overwatch.

Blood bagging has alot more to it then take blood. (Blood types,medical conditions around removing/adding blood,parts).

Auto fuel will never be added.

• Like 1

I'm not currently liking the idea of "self bloodbaging" in the upcomming patch... Razor could you clarify on how this would work? Currently I see it as say a friend and I get a huge supply of blood from each other, I'll then be able to leave him and continue on my own. If I get shot all i need to do is hide and apply that blood that I collected earlier. Am I correct? If not can you clarify how this would work.

On the other hand, it kind of doesn't make sense that it requires a second person to bloodbag in the first place.  Sure, its easier to hit a vein on someone else than it is yourself, but heroin addicts seem to do a fine job on their own. 

About the only thing a second person would bring to the table is being able to hold the bloodbag higher than a person would be able to on their own.  And even then, all they'd need is a shelf or tree branch to hang it off of.

Loot is much better now thanks Razor! 

But has anyone had a problem with no loot spawning in barracks? I have only checked one server out so I don't know if it was a problem on that server or that is has something to do with the update

But has anyone had a problem with no loot spawning in barracks? I have only checked one server out so I don't know if it was a problem on that server or that is has something to do with the update

Loot is sparse, but fine. Ending up with zero loot from a barrack is possible but most of the time you should find at least a gun, even military stuff.

Found M16, M4 SD and M1014 in the same barracks.

What I noticed with the latest hotfix:

- very hard to find food and soda cans (markets spawn mostly empty tin cans, all the loot spawns actually)

- zombies have almost no loot

- animals are really rare to find

- all fresh spawned vehicles are completely broken (all wheels damaged)

Are you trying to turn people away from the mod?

• Like 1

- very hard to find food and soda cans (markets spawn mostly empty tin cans, all the loot spawns actually)

Food, soda and water bottles are very easy to find. My inventory is full of them all the time.

Haven't killed much zombies yet so dunno.

I find animals all the time.

Found 1 truck and it was in a bad shape. I think they should be like that?

I'm playing in FI789. It's a vanilla private hive though.

My only major problem is the range of zombie attacks and how much damage they do. They have what seems like about a 6 foot attack reach plus they don't need to do the animation to hit you any more if you walk behind a zombie and brush against his back or shoulder you get hit or are even close I would be fine with this but with the amount of damage they do it gets really frustrating when you get hit 3 times and are down to 1/2 blood. I do love the new infection and bleeding mechanics A+ on that

1: Loot is much harder to find. The next update we will allow the server admins to change the bias to suit their player needs.

2: Zombies loot was changed to have a lower chance to drop items.

3: Animals never changed you always spawn 6.

4: All default vehicles have always spawned broke no idea why you thought other wise.

No matter what gets done not everyone will be happy.

• Like 7

I find the loot to be just right, don't change a thing!  :thumbsup: :beans:

I would like to suggest that some kind of "You've cleared up your Sepsis infection" message be shown when you successfully use wipes. Perhaps some kind of Sepsis indicator on your blood icon (which would then go away once you use wipes?).

Question:  I am one string away from crafting my first "sepsis bandage".  Is this one bandage, and do I need to have an open inventory slot, or pistol ammo slot (like wipes) for it?

I don't like auto-refuel either. Essentially makes fueling cans a useless item and removes the element of danger while fueling.

LOL we even had a BEC message come up every hour saying that exact same thing on our server.  I finally relented and added auto-refuel though but in limited fashion. ONLY at the full gas stations with pumps and the awning.  And helis can ONLY refuel at the airfields as I never saw a gas station sell Jet Fuel IRL.  Self-bloodbagging, same .. finally relented but we only give a 30% gain.  I think all these scripts have good ideas and many are popular, you just have to implement them in a more logical and controlled fashion.

1: Loot is much harder to find. The next update we will allow the server admins to change the bias to suit their player needs.

4: All default vehicles have always spawned broke no idea why you thought other wise.

r4z0r49,if this is controlled via variables.sqf than it is changed to 5 now:

//DayZ settingsdayz_maxAnimals = 5

and yes, you are right: its almost impossible to satisfy everyone. but anyway, so far i like the last update.

one remark regarding bloodbags. forcing players to create their own bloodbags is an interesting feature. but i would still leave some bloodbags as they are right now. guess in hospitals there could still some bloodbags spawn, although a much more limited number than before. there is no reason why you should not be able to find ready to use bloodbags at hospitals ...

Edited by fgw

This makes me happy.

I am yet to play since like 1.6 or something, since then it's been DayZero. I wish there was a 1st person vanilla server to play on and then DayZero would be history.

I'm glad the loot is rare and you are making the DayZmod a hard game, which is what it should be.

I hope everyone who complains in Standalone about lack of loot, or too much infection or whatever else they think is too hard simply goes and play a different game. I for one am fed up of people wanting everything given to them on a plate. Happens on DayZero, but it seems those servers are the best of a bad bunch.

If anyone does know a whitelisted 1st person server that gets full, let me know. GJ Razor.

• Like 2

This makes me happy.

I am yet to play since like 1.6 or something, since then it's been DayZero. I wish there was a 1st person vanilla server to play on and then DayZero would be history.

I'm glad the loot is rare and you are making the DayZmod a hard game, which is what it should be.

I hope everyone who complains in Standalone about lack of loot, or too much infection or whatever else they think is too hard simply goes and play a different game. I for one am fed up of people wanting everything given to them on a plate. Happens on DayZero, but it seems those servers are the best of a bad bunch.

If anyone does know a whitelisted 1st person server that gets full, let me know. GJ Razor.

I totally agree with you mate, included the final request.

• Like 2

I've encountered again a G36C SD on the barracks, yet when I tried to pick it up it did not show up on the Gear menu; It did show up in the scroll menu and when I clicked on it nothing happened and it dissapeared from the ground. Is it a bug or filters problems? I'm using a vanilla loot table.

EDIT: I've noticed that the G36C SD Appears on East helicrashes and Barracks loot tables, so It appears the filters are not updated.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was removed on the 1.8 hotfixes!

Edited by LouisK

r4z0r49,if this is controlled via variables.sqf than it is changed to 5 now:

//DayZ settingsdayz_maxAnimals = 5

and yes, you are right: its almost impossible to satisfy everyone. but anyway, so far i like the last update.

one remark regarding bloodbags. forcing players to create their own bloodbags is an interesting feature. but i would still leave some bloodbags as they are right now. guess in hospitals there could still some bloodbags spawn, although a much more limited number than before. there is no reason why you should not be able to find ready to use bloodbags at hospitals ...

this is the check for animals, although the value of the variable is 5 the _list (it counts near animals) variable must be 6 because 5 = 5 but is not greater than 5. You will also notice there is a limit of 100 total animals in the world.

if ((count _list < dayz_maxAnimals) and (dayz_currentGlobalAnimals < dayz_maxGlobalAnimals)) then {

off-topic: I wish the code box wasn't puke green, I actually don't like using it because the colors are so awful...

Edited by icomrade

This makes me happy.

I am yet to play since like 1.6 or something, since then it's been DayZero. I wish there was a 1st person vanilla server to play on and then DayZero would be history.

I hope everyone who complains in Standalone about lack of loot, or too much infection or whatever else they think is too hard simply goes and play a different game. I for one am fed up of people wanting everything given to them on a plate. Happens on DayZero, but it seems those servers are the best of a bad bunch.

I'm fed up of people who put everyone down just for expressing their opinion. Like I said multiple times, don't force everyone to do things the same way as you. You know, some people study, go to school/college/university and even have full-time jobs! They wouldn't like to spend endless hours in the game looking for non-existent loot. According to your everyday "The game must be hard! Kiddies should leave"-like posts, you don't seem to be a busy man.

Regarding the latest patches, great job! Putting most of the valuable loot in one place has finally turned DayZ into "Run-to-NWAF" simulator.

There is no point to go anywhere else than to the airfield and back to balota > cherno > elektro, since all the other cities are now even more useless and so are residentials as camo and ghillie no longer spawn there.

I'm fed up of people who put everyone down just for expressing their opinion. Like I said multiple times, don't force everyone to do things the same way as you. You know, some people study, go to school/college/university and even have full-time jobs! They wouldn't like to spend endless hours in the game looking for non-existent loot. According to your everyday "The game must be hard! Kiddies should leave"-like posts, you don't seem to be a busy man.

Regarding the latest patches, great job! Putting most of the valuable loot in one place has finally turned DayZ into "Run-to-NWAF" simulator.

Once 1.8.1 is out admins will be able to adjust the amount of loot that spawns. Until then we have a limited bias in place. But if you don't like hunting for loot im not 100% sure your getting what you should be from the mod might be better to look at some of the other mods of dayz most of them offer helicopters and full load outs on spawn.

• Like 1

Razor,  we've run into a situation repeatedly where when someone is injured and has low blood, they are not able to be bloodbagged.  When you perform the bloodbagging, you get the same instant "Transfusion successful" feedback that you get when you attempt to bloodbag someone that is at 12,000 blood.  If you wait a few minutes, you are then able to bloodbag that person.  If that person immediately logs out, and back in, you are able to bloodbag them.  I am not sure if this intentional or not, but thought I would report it.

• Like 1

Razor,  we've run into a situation repeatedly where when someone is injured and has low blood, they are not able to be bloodbagged.  When you perform the bloodbagging, you get the same instant "Transfusion successful" feedback that you get when you attempt to bloodbag someone that is at 12,000 blood.  If you wait a few minutes, you are then able to bloodbag that person.  If that person immediately logs out, and back in, you are able to bloodbag them.  I am not sure if this intentional or not, but thought I would report it.

I can concur this as well.  Many people complaining on side chat and experienced this myself.  Workarounds as klesh describes work as well.

• Like 1

I do agree people should chill on people's opinions but I have to disagree with you on the run to NWAF.  By far the best loot are still in the heli-crash sights.  I've also found the Stary, Balota and the firehouses good enough to not have to go straight to the barracks.  Well at least you don't have to bee-line it there.  Also with the nerfed hangers there is less reason to go to the NWAF IMO

Once 1.8.1 is out admins will be able to adjust the amount of loot that spawns. Until then we have a limited bias in place. But if you don't like hunting for loot im not 100% sure your getting what you should be from the mod might be better to look at some of the other mods of dayz most of them offer helicopters and full load outs on spawn.

Loot bias is one thing. I'm also talking about the latest loot tables. What was the point of removing so much useful loot from school/office buildings, sniper rifles from General Military buildings; antibotics, crowbars, ALICE and Survival packs and clothing (Camo and Ghillie Suit) from Residential buildings plus putting most of the valuable loot to the only two barracks at NWAF? The new loot tables are ridiculous compared to, say, those that were in 1.7.6.1 since most part of the map is just useless now.

• Like 1