r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

We have done TIC but we decided before even going down that route the medical system would need to be redone.

m0tzilla, We had the stash and stash medium on the cleanup list but for some reason it wasnt running so this has now been fixed.

If the inventory is empty or if they hasten been updated in 14 dayz or if they are out of bounds they will be cleaned up

As for the upgrades nothing needs to change on the db side.

• Like 1

Just a little bit of news.

Testing is going well pretty much most issues have been resolved we still have the odd issue but they seem to be more client side more then anything else. I'm going to start updating all the mission file to include all the changeable vars we now have for server admins. If nothing else is broke or gets reported we should be looking good next week for release.

Cheers.

• Like 8

Looking good Razor, good to see the mod getting a nice update. Have you guys been testing with the 1.63 Arma 2 Beta patch, seeing as GameSpy is shutting down at the end of the month.

Yea it's on my todo list just not sure when ill make it to that item :-(.

• Like 1

Yea it's on my todo list just not sure when ill make it to that item :-(.

That's good then. Might be a pretty big thing that needs doing, seeing as we will have to direct connect to the servers otherwise.

That being said i have one pair of hands and bucket full of red tape.

Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>

Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init

File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28

Seems to be the only issue left to fix :-) to get dayz updated to 1.63

• Like 1

* [NEW] - Ghosting mechanic - Once logged out you can not log back in again for a number of seconds selected by the admin of the server- Enabled or disabled by the admin of the server.

Alot of the admins who are testing have asked for a logout/login delay system. So we have added this its fully configurable by admins.

1.8.3 is now ready for testing with the newest 1.63 beta patch for arma. We will start that testing on Monday and then battleye filter testing :-(

• Like 6

You can fix a bug with cabin MI17, a player is not killed in the cockpit

You can fix a bug with cabin MI17, a player is not killed in the cockpit

Can you elaborate on that?

Can you elaborate on that?

It's same thing as the problems with the An2 I mentioned yesterday, you can't hit a player by shooting through the glass with the dayzmod guns. We stopped spawning the MI-17 because it's almost impossible to shoot down or hit people out of. 

It's same thing as the problems with the An2 I mentioned yesterday, you can't hit a player by shooting through the glass with the dayzmod guns. We stopped spawning the MI-17 because it's almost impossible to shoot down or hit people out of. 

Knowledge about the technicalities of helicopters and other vehicles always was required in DayZ Mod to take down any sort of vehicle. This is simply being smart in combatsituations knowing exactly what you need to do in order to effectively disable any vehicle without having it blow up. This goes for shooting the wheels out rather than just blindly shooting at the car's engineblock, as that way you will lose all the goods that are inside.

This knowledge also needs to be applied to helicopters, as the one that has the knowledge is in the advantage of being able to use this. If you do have it, you should be rewarded and almost nothing is impossible in DayZ. That's how it should be and that's why this will never change.

For demonstration purposes I have a video I just recorded for you with the DayZ standard Russian helicopter, the supposed "invincible tank" amongst the helicopters DayZ has. People always claim facts in DayZ that are just wrong. Only six rounds from a DMR can completely disable the Russian helicopter:

The knowledge about the position of the engine should reward you with being able to take down the chopper fairly easily. Even though I personally very much prefer to take out the tailrotor of anyone's helicopter, as 96% do not know how to land a heli without it.

Just tested that as well, by the way. ATRQ takes three rounds.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 4

Knowledge about the technicalities of helicopters and other vehicles always was required in DayZ Mod to take down any sort of vehicle. This is simply being smart in combatsituations knowing exactly what you need to do in order to effectively disable any vehicle without having it blow up. This goes for shooting the wheels out rather than just blindly shooting at the car's engineblock, as that way you will lose all the goods that are inside.

This knowledge also needs to be applied to helicopters, as the one that has the knowledge is in the advantage of being able to use this. If you do have it, you should be rewarded and almost nothing is impossible in DayZ. That's how it should be and that's why this will never change.

For demonstration purposes I have a video I just recorded for you with the DayZ standard Russian helicopter, the supposed "invincible tank" amongst the helicopters DayZ has. People always claim facts in DayZ that are just wrong. Only six rounds from a DMR can completely disable the Russian helicopter:

The knowledge about the position of the engine should reward you with being able to take down the chopper fairly easily. Even though I personally very much prefer to take out the tailrotor of anyone's helicopter, as 96% do not know how to land a heli without it.

Just tested that as well, by the way. ATRQ takes three rounds.

My feedback is based on over 2000 hours playing the mod, we practise things in the editor all the time to find weak points for vehicles etc too. That doesn't change my opinion that I think MI-17 and AN2 are over powered in their current form with the 1.8 weapon selection. The AN2 requires a skilled pilot of course but we regard it as the strongest vehicle in the game with a full squad and the ability to glide silently for several kilometers. Plus the fact you can just land it and sit in the vehicle using the 3rd person camera with little fear of it or yourself ever being damaged.  

I know its POSSIBLE to shoot down the mi17 and the huey, the littlebird and the AN2. I've seen it done by members of my squad over the past 2 years or done it myself, but that doesn't change my opinion that its too hard currently to shoot the mi17 or the an2 down. A video of your shooting an MI17 that isn't even in flight won't change my opinion on that. How about one where you put two guys in the front and try and shoot them through the glass :P Then do the same thing when it's flying... 

Edited by seaweed

That doesn't change my opinion that I think MI-17 and AN2 are over powered in their current form with the 1.8 weapon selection.

That is the purpose of the Mi-17, though. It's supposed to be somewhat rugged and the fact that you can effectively take it out with three shots of a DMR doesn't make it too overpowered. Obviously it wasn't moving in my example, but what would be the difference in that case? The PKM's on the Mi-17 are spraying more than you can hit anything with it. And if you want to hit anything, you almost have to hover or be in stable flight anyway, making your tailrotor / engine / gunner a target, as they're not protected at all.

If someone is trying to land at your base and you're there you should easily be able to damage their engine if they're coming in for a landing, and as soon as you start hitting their engine they should break anyway, if they don't you're destroying their engine. In either case you turned the situation to your favor.

Always consider the backrotor as well. You can easily take that out with three shots.

If they're just paradropping people you can shoot the people in the parachutes, as they're not protected and are actually in an awkward shuffle upon landing where they can't hold their weapon (ARMA bug).

So, what points are you trying to make exactly? I am more than willing to give in, but I don't see the problem. The only case where you can't take the Russian out is when it's flying around in an orbit - but that's not posing any threat towards you anyway?

That is the purpose of the Mi-17, though. It's supposed to be somewhat rugged and the fact that you can effectively take it out with three shots of a DMR doesn't make it too overpowered. Obviously it wasn't moving in my example, but what would be the difference in that case? The PKM's on the Mi-17 are spraying more than you can hit anything with it. And if you want to hit anything, you almost have to hover or be in stable flight anyway, making your tailrotor / engine / gunner a target, as they're not protected at all.

If someone is trying to land at your base and you're there you should easily be able to damage their engine if they're coming in for a landing, and as soon as you start hitting their engine they should break anyway, if they don't you're destroying their engine. In either case you turned the situation to your favor.

Always consider the backrotor as well. You can easily take that out with three shots.

If they're just paradropping people you can shoot the people in the parachutes, as they're not protected and are actually in an awkward shuffle upon landing where they can't hold their weapon (ARMA bug).

So, what points are you trying to make exactly? I am more than willing to give in, but I don't see the problem. The only case where you can't take the Russian out is when it's flying around in an orbit - but that's not posing any threat towards you anyway?

Not looking to argue, you just seemed to be saying it was easy and I was wrong to be calling it a tank, when from my experiences it always feels it is. It's a subjective topic I don't expect you to agree I'm just trying to say that in my experience that chopper has always proved to be a too hard to shoot down. Tail rotor + m240 is always how I try and tackle a helicopter if I can, but its hard to resist a shot at the glass when you are presented with one. These are minor problems at the end of the day, and theres always extra bugs/details to gain knowledge on as part of arma. It's not a massive concern I won't waste any more of your time discussing them. 

Edited by seaweed

The vehicles need an overhaul all the configs need stripping and redoing from the ground up. We will be looking at doing this for the next patch after 1.8.1 is out 

Next version will hold this

Crafting Continuation, Start of Basebuilding, Vehicles updates,  Weapon updates.

These 4 areas will be the main goal for the next patch. (once 1.8.1 is out)

• Like 6

Just checking in testing is going well finding one or two issues with 1.63 but nothing game breaking yet. I've sent the changelog to Hicks pretty much just waiting on his word on changes. We might get this puppy out during this weekend if all goes well.

:-)

• Like 7

looks like we lost the hive today i'm unsure why just now. I've sent msgs to the guys who deal with this stuff ill let you know whats happening when i know more.

• Like 2

I guess everyone is away for the bankhoilday i've been unable to reach Hicks. :-(

I guess everyone is away for the bankhoilday i've been unable to reach Hicks. :-(

Guess we need direct hotlines to contact our close developer buddies :P

So its now Tuesday and im back at work and still no info on a date to release. Hicks has been contacted waiting on a reply.

• Like 2

Good news. We have a go for today im currently at work but i will try to get everything done remote.

I have also started doing the base system for the next update. Our testers should start to see that pretty soon.

• Like 6