Sign in to follow this  
HeraclesJones (DayZ)

DART Bypass?

I just had two players join my DayZ server and begin to spawn in gear and a Blackhawk  -

[CM] Fuzzy

[CM] Bryan

I didn't realize it until after they logged and I was going through the chat log, so when I found the evidence I went to DART to ban them - only to find out that DART did not record their presence in the Player Database. Does anyone know how this is possible, and how to combat? Was DART just relogging at the moment they entered the game? Thanks.

Excerpt from the chat log -

[2013-10-12 | 00:02:36]  (Side) [CM] Fuzzy: Ill give u guys some wepons
[2013-10-12 | 00:02:39]  (Side) [CM] Fuzzy: ^-^
[2013-10-12 | 00:02:46]  (Side) [CM] Fuzzy: Wut u guys want?

...after which they spawned in the Blackhawk.

EDIT -  I banned them manually, because their login was recorded in the console of DART, was just wondering why they wouldn't show up in the db.
Edited by HeraclesJones

as far as im aware, its not possible to hide yourself from a player list, but who knows.

Id say its more than likely just a small error on dart's side, no Rcon is bullet proof and sometimes people will slip through the cracks.

I had huge problems with dart not showing me the playerlist at all or taking ages to load or simply crashing on me all the time. I went over to using EPM, just because I think it's more stable and faster in general.

However - I find myself sometimes not being able to ban players from the server using that tool. I will have to kick them from the Server first and then manually add the ban. But I could still use the "Add Ban"-function in EPM itself. I would just have to manually enter the IP and GUID to ban them and it worked.

• Like 1

I had huge problems with dart not showing me the playerlist at all or taking ages to load or simply crashing on me all the time. I went over to using EPM, just because I think it's more stable and faster in general.

However - I find myself sometimes not being able to ban players from the server using that tool. I will have to kick them from the Server first and then manually add the ban. But I could still use the "Add Ban"-function in EPM itself. I would just have to manually enter the IP and GUID to ban them and it worked.

+1

It's a horribly buggy tool. I could never get it to correctly load bans or log new players in the database. I also had it repeatedly crash when I needed it most.

I hated it. Glad you got your problem solved (sorta).

• Like 1

I haven't had many problems with Dart, so I'll probably stick with it for the moment. The thing that made me suspicious was that every other player that I've ever looked for has always been in the Dart player db, so it could be that they found an exploit. Not really sure, but they're banned now in any case, at least until they find an exploit for that :P

Edited by HeraclesJones