Sign in to follow this  
ibKabob

Dayz Commander

Yeah! So this newbie, me, reads all this great stuff about dayz commander and goes to the site http://www.dayzcommander.com/ and clicks on the start download button....must have been a litle tired and all playing dayz for hours and missed that it is on an ad that matches the f*ing backround and gets flipping infected with the conduit search crap!!!!  Looks like I was busy for hours getting rid of my infection!!!!!! HAHA! Bastards!  Could have spent my time playing dayz getting rid of "pretend infections' lol :-P instead!  

So lookout you noobs! :-)

Yeah, this actually kind of annoys me. It is free software, so I guess it's to be expected though...

Gotta pay the bills I guess.... but how can I feel like donating when the site has done me over?  Dayz Commander is a great utility otherwise

Okay, Here is the thing that really bothers me about DayZ Commander.... ever since I have been using Malwarebytes Anti-malware ( I used it to remove conduit) it has been blocking several potentially malicious websites that Dayz Commander process is trying to link to...... I think this great utility will have to go! :-(

What's wrong with play with six or whatever its called? Why does everyone use DayZ commander?

I'm not sure what PlayWithSIX is like now but when DayZ Commander was first released it was very basic and only allowed you to update the vanilla DayZ mod, whereas Commander had the additional unofficial mods, a server browser with 'favourites' list, a friends list, the ability to launch with Steam and startup paramters.

I'm not sure what PlayWithSIX is like now but when DayZ Commander was first released it was very basic and only allowed you to update the vanilla DayZ mod, whereas Commander had the additional unofficial mods, a server browser with 'favourites' list, a friends list, the ability to launch with Steam and startup paramters.

So you don't know what it is like now? Or should I just go with DayZ Commander?

So you don't know what it is like now? Or should I just go with DayZ Commander?

I haven't used it since Commander launched.

If I were you I'd just go with Commander (be careful to click the 'download DayZ Commander' and not one of the many 'download useless partner crap' buttons on their site though!). It's got everything you need and some stuff that you don't but is nice to have anyway, lol.

But if you're feeling adventurous then why not download both and draw your own conclusions?

I haven't used it since Commander launched.

If I were you I'd just go with Commander (be careful to click the 'download DayZ Commander' and not one of the many 'download useless partner crap' buttons on their site though!). It's got everything you need and some stuff that you don't but is nice to have anyway, lol.

But if you're feeling adventurous then why not download both and draw your own conclusions?

Will do, thanks!

Play with six is a lot better than it used to be, the interface is still a bit cluttered compared to commander but it works perfectly well.

Play with six is a lot better than it used to be, the interface is still a bit cluttered compared to commander but it works perfectly well.

Do playwithsix or dayz commander work with the steam dayz mod? (http://store.steampowered.com/app/224580/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1) or would you download off the dayzmod website?

Do playwithsix or dayz commander work with the steam dayz mod? (http://store.steampowered.com/app/224580/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1) or would you download off the dayzmod website?

Commander works perfectly with the Steam version, just make sure you tick the Steam options under the settings tab. PlayWithSIX used to 'work' with the Steam version, it just didn't launch via Steam so you couldn't log hours or use the Steam in-game interface.

There's a good chance that SIX has been updated to work properly with Steam now though.

Commander works perfectly with the Steam version, just make sure you tick the Steam options under the settings tab. PlayWithSIX used to 'work' with the Steam version, it just didn't launch via Steam so you couldn't log hours or use the Steam in-game interface.

There's a good chance that SIX has been updated to work properly with Steam now though.

Ok I will remember to do that but which is updated more, dayzmod.com or the steam version? Like for the first time downloading which would be updated? Or is it the same?

Ok I will remember to do that but which is updated more, dayzmod.com or the steam version? Like for the first time downloading which would be updated? Or is it the same?

You mean the mod version? I thought you meant the Steam version of ArmA 2, sorry.

It's best to just ignore the Steam version of DayZ, it's a pain to get working, and install with DayZ Commander. It's updated pretty much as soon as the patches are available.

You mean the mod version? I thought you meant the Steam version of ArmA 2, sorry.

It's best to just ignore the Steam version of DayZ, it's a pain to get working, and install with DayZ Commander. It's updated pretty much as soon as the patches are available.

Oh really, I thought the DayZ on steam would be easier to install that the one from dayzmod... of well thanks for all your advice guys!

Oh really, I thought the DayZ on steam would be easier to install that the one from dayzmod... of well thanks for all your advice guys!

Nah, the Steam mod is a load of hassle; I don't know anyone that uses it.

DayZ Commander (or SIX) is the easiest way to install and stay up to date with the mod.

• Like 1

Nah, the Steam mod is a load of hassle; I don't know anyone that uses it.

DayZ Commander (or SIX) is the easiest way to install and stay up to date with the mod.

A couple of my friends use it... Haha :D