GoonSquadCentral

DayZ Standalone... ...Let's Talk.

I agree with what pretty most have said with regard to the SA being delayed... I have zero skin in that game and so, no reason to be annoyed.

As for the weather, a zombie apocalypse wouldn't make the world bleaker looking, it would make it better.  In a world with less people and less technology, nature would take over again, the atmosphere would be cleaner.  It wouldn't have a wasteland look to it.  Look at the movie, I Am Legend. It's bright, and beautiful in some instances - and that was in a city.  Even in 28 Days Later, the countryside is beautiful.

I hope that the weather system adds to the atmosphere of the SA in a realistic way... beautiful at times, stark at times.

But, if this photo is any indication... DayZ won't always be a sunny day in the park:

pic.twitter.com/shxl5nHlUA

Edited by entspeak

I wish they could do bolt action animation to guns, it was really a buzzkiller with a lee enfield for not having a bolt action animation just poof...poof...poof.. or lever action with winchester. Not sure if this is impossible...

Cant find it now but there is a pic of the bolt from the mosin separate from the actual gun so i'd say we will get an animation for that.

• Like 1

Hello there

As Fraggle obliquely points out, it looks like there will be a bolt animation and it has been implemented in other RV games/mods.

As to OP there's a lot of incorect assumption in the first post.

We get so many posts that are about "what I heard" rather than facts.

Lastly the first post has that topic i loathe, where the poster feels like they have been deliberately "lied" to. arrrrgh! To me its on the same level as "im banned for no reason".

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

We should ask for all our money back!

If we actually crowdfunded, kickstarted or preordered anything than maybe we would have a reason to be annoyed, if we didn't keep ourself informed enough to understand why the game keeps being pushed back.

As it stands we didn't. :)

Lists fairly concise criticism. Met with 'you didn't pay anything so shut your mouth'. An obvious fan, once again ostracized for doling out criticism. Makes sense. . . in bizzaro world. As if, this poor fellow didn't buy Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead just to play DayZ mod. Or am I wrong? Can you play the DayZ mod for free? That argument is tired and doesn't suffice anymore. There are countless articles that speak to the MILLIONS that BIS has made due to the DayZ mod. Anyway. . . feel free to bash me now.

i may buy it, but, i probably wont play it.

First off... Da fuk? That doesn't make sense....

Secondly, what other developers are as open as Rocket? The only reason people complain was because he was too open about the game. Almost no other Devs are as open as him. Most game developers just shut up and make a game without telling the public anything. If Rocket was like them, we wouldn't know that the Standalone was late, we wouldn't know that they redid the zombies, and we would know how many times they remodeled things. All we would know is that the game had a release date eventually. 

Lists fairly concise criticism. Met with 'you didn't pay anything so shut your mouth'. An obvious fan, once again ostracized for doling out criticism. Makes sense. . . in bizzaro world. As if, this poor fellow didn't buy Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead just to play DayZ mod. Or am I wrong? Can you play the DayZ mod for free? That argument is tired and doesn't suffice anymore. There are countless articles that speak to the MILLIONS that BIS has made due to the DayZ mod. Anyway. . . feel free to bash me now.

Buying a completely different product, even if it is the same company, does not entitle us to some kind of "right" or "ownership" over the next product.

Edited by Terrorviktor

You really ought to read the whole thread before making an ass of yourself like that.

The whole thread makes an ass of itself anyway.  Empty tin is empty :emptycan:

in reply to this whole thread; the state of the current project (the game), isnt the main annoying thing right now, reading some of the replies, A LOT of yall are seriously, and i mean SERIOUSLY, disrespectful...

People are just tired of discussing the same "im angry at rocket" threads over and over.

EVERYBODY wants the standalone to come out, but it is IN development.  We could all be complaining and venting our frustrations but it ISN'T constructive, so many don't.  And in fact when people come into the forums and make bold statements about being lied to and decieved, (things that are obviously exaggerations)  it cripples the moral of the community, which is not good, because it spawns more discontent and it justifies resentment towards the dev team.  Which is entirely unfair since they are working very hard to develop a game and the last thing they need is criticism from the community that is loosely based on reality and doesn't even provide useful feedback.

Bottom line, complaints like OP just don't serve anyone for the better.  It's bad for dev's, and its bad for the community.  So people get frustrated having to explain situations over and over again to try and appease the disgruntled folks.

Sometimes complaints and explaining your woes is helpful to the process, but in most cases it is simply not so.

So don't take it personally, everyone is frustrated for one reason or another.

• Like 2

The whole thread makes an ass of itself anyway.  Empty tin is empty :emptycan:

You're definitely not helping either way.

Fiji has been confirmed for the standalone. [source]

Yeah, childish. I know.

Fiji triple confirmed.

e5gytf.jpg

• Like 4

I'd prefer it if Rocket spent years developing the standalone rather than rushing out a buggy, glitchy, incomplete game to meet the expectations of impatient gamers. The current mod works just fine until the SA comes out.

If anyone recently bought and played Rome 2 when it was released, you will notice what happens when companies attempt to release on deadlines despite having not had enough time to finish the game.

We are the consumers and we set the market trends.  Its the best thing about capitalism.  Stop fucking it up by pressuring premature releases and incomplete development and reward good development by actively supporting devs who take the time they need to do a good job.

So on that note, thanks Dayz Dev team for helping to clean up this god awful product development cycle we find ourselves enduring so far this century.

• Like 3